Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMissouri vs. Oklahoma
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86758
86758, Missouri vs. Oklahoma
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-25-10 06:10 PM
QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (6'5, 235) -- Great size, can make every throw, and has above-average mobility (on the white guy scale). Mostly shotgun for him and can panic in a tight pocket, feeling pressure that isn't always there. Suffers from an inconsistent delivery -- he gets lazy with his footwork, sidestepping throws that he doesn't get on top of and subsequently sail high. That means his accuracy still comes and goes, even on the multitude of short reads in Missouri’s offense.

Good, not great, prospect. Can move up to very good depending on how he gets through the post-season evaluations. Next week @ Nebraska should be a good gauge as well.

DE Aldon Smith, Missouri (6'5, 260) -- Broke his fibula about a month ago, so this was his first game back. Played half the defensive snaps (probably less), mostly on passing downs. You could tell he was a bit tentative and rusty -- you could also tell how talented he is. How sick was that interception on the screen?

Awesome punch, and great at snapping his hands free and pushing bigger tackles aside. Good first step (should be even better in a few weeks) and he can play the run because of how fast he sheds linemen. Sometimes lets his height keep him from maintaining leverage, but he's so athletic that he can usually fight off the block anyway. Redshirt sophomore, so he's eligible, but I can see him flying up boards as a junior.

FS Quinton Carter, Oklahoma (6'1, 195) -- I just had to point out that his tackling style is straight from the "I'm Trying To Get Paralyzed" textbook. His technique for tackling receivers over the middle was to put his head down and spear them with his helmet. The first time it garnered a penalty. The second time he knocked himself the fuck out.