Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectFlorida vs. LSU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86744
86744, Florida vs. LSU
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-11-10 12:36 PM
FS Will Hill, Florida (6'1, 200) -- A worse version of Ahmad Black. He played terribly against Alabama and was directly responsible for Toliver's long touchdown before the half. Not a quality tackler (goes for big hits and is often run over) and mediocre in coverage.

OT Joseph Barksdale, LSU (6'6, 318) -- Made the switch from right to left tackle this year, continuing the Tigers' proud tradition of massive linemen who aren't quick enough to make it in the NFL on an island. In fact, he's not even as good as his somewhat clumsy but effective predecessors (Herman Johnson and Ciron Black).

Lacks a "mean streak"; a timid player who carries out his assignments with no visible tenacity. Atrocious blocker at the second level -- plods towards linebackers with his head down and reaching at air. Unable to slide his feet in pass protection and his hinge step is awful. I'm sure he’s a nice guy though.

WR Terrance Toliver, LSU (6'5, 203) -- Another receiver seemingly limited by inconsistent quarterback play throughout his career. Certainly looks the part, more so than Brandon LaFell did, yet he's been less productive and can have the same knack for disappointing plays. Still, the tools are here, and I wouldn't be surprised to see himself move into the higher portion of the middle rounds.

DT Drake Nevis, LSU (6'2, 287) -- Very disruptive one-gap lineman. Relies heavily on his quickness -- he needs a great jump off the snap because he can't drive back linemen who've beat him into their stance. To that end, he's a shade undersized per NFL prototypes, but I don’t think that hurts him much with his speed and position.