Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMichigan State vs. Wisconsin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86731
86731, Michigan State vs. Wisconsin
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-04-10 09:44 AM
OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin (6'7, 315) -- MONSTER. An earth-moving, armored Caterpillar bulldozer in the run game. Impressively athletic; Wisconsin put him in space on numerous sweeps -- he locked onto targets and destroyed them. I went crazy when he doubled the end, pushed him five yards backwards, peeled off, then found Greg Jones and literally ran him 15 feet from the line of scrimmage. Stout in pass protection, using great strength and wingspan to wall off linemen (this will need to improve a bit in a pro passing offense). One thing: He needs to keep his hands inside defender's pads, as he almost could've been called for wraparound holds on several plays.

TE Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin (6'4, 240) -- Not heavily showcased in this game. Struggles to block moving targets and figures more as a h-back than true tight end. I need more looks at him in the passing game.

RB John Clay, Wisconsin (6'1, 260) -- I think he was dealing with some ankle injuries, but I've never been a fan. Average feet and he comes to a complete stop when making cuts. Running a route is a much needed breather for him. He'll need perfect run-blocking in the NFL, and even with that he's a limited runner because he lacks elusiveness and is only decent in a straight line...kind of like Bowser in Mario Kart. And nobody picked Bowser in Mario Kart.