Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectUSC vs. Virginia
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86700
86700, USC vs. Virginia
Posted by will_5198, Sun Sep-12-10 01:51 PM
WR Ronald Johnson, USC (6'0, 185) -- Kiffin had him all over the place, and I thought he did some of his best work out of the slot. Very smooth in his routes -- read the soft spots in zones and changed direction without losing speed. Gets loose downfield but I don't think he'll be a deep threat in the NFL.

Catches with his hands, but there were four plays where he should've make the tough catch: once up the seam between the linebacker and safety (drop), on a short out where he jumped awkwardly, deep down the middle (bad throw but it hit his hands) and in the end-zone on a slant (defender blocked his vision but again, it hit his hands). A real shame Ras-I Dowling couldn't play.

FB Stanley Havili, USC (6'1, 225) -- He's a liability in the run game. Got very little push against linebackers are ended up clogging the hole on most lead plays. We all know he can catch and runs advanced routes for his position, but I'd rather use a bigger tight end as an h-back then rely on a receiving fullback who can't block.