Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectVirginia Tech vs. Boise State
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86684
86684, Virginia Tech vs. Boise State
Posted by will_5198, Tue Sep-07-10 03:54 PM
OT Nate Potter, Boise State (6'6, 296) -- Plays left tackle for the Broncos; should be a guard at the next level. Powerful run blocker who gets inside defenders' pads and drives them back. Terribly outmatched by speedy ends and after a few plays he started just lunging to his left at the snap (which of course will get him spun around like a top in the NFL).

WR Austin Pettis, Boise State (6'3, 201) -- Solid collegian but I don't see anything special about him. May have maxed out his potential. Wiry build and not a deep threat. Seems to read zones well but most of his catches were against broken coverages. Special teams value (holder, punt block) will help him.

DE Ryan Winterswyk, Boise State (6'4, 263) -- I've seen some give him a mid-round grade...I was less than impressed. Takes a long time for him to get moving and he changes direction about as well as a German tank. Was easily redirected on speed rushes and his only secondary move was the bull rush.

RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech (5'10, 202) -- He wasn't given much to work with against Boise. Nice vision; he finds cutback lanes quickly and can make his own yardage if cornered. Lacks strength in his lower body (skinny legs) and could end up going down on first contact against better defenders.