Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: No. Bent,,, Look up Victor Conte's comments regarding testing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86258&mesg_id=86430
86430, RE: No. Bent,,, Look up Victor Conte's comments regarding testing
Posted by bentagain, Wed Nov-17-10 08:39 AM
I've read alot of articles and statements since I started this post on monday out of frustration, and I have only become more frustrated. I've found quotes in previous articles where Pac said he was fine with urine samples up to and on fight night.

"he’s willing to be urine-tested 24/7"

The issue is the blood sampling.

"Pacquiao’s camp has suggested Manny’s belief that blood testing too close to the fight would weaken him"

And some of the questions being raised also throw some shadow on PBF as well

"Mayweather’s proposed 14-day stop date"

PBF is fine with testing being stopped 14 days prior to the fight, so I'm not sure what we're even talking about anymore. He dictated the terms of the testing in the Mosley fight. Do you know when PBF was tested, how many times, the results? Was he tested on fight night? The same accusations his camp has thrown on Pac have been thrown on him long ago. A lightweight moving through the ranks, etc...

What I was implying with the cycles, was a fighter could train with PEDs before coming to camp, build muscle mass, etc...and then be subjected to testing for the last month before the fight when he has already cycled off. And as you stated, the USADA is the leader in testing, is boxing conceding their testing regulations be overseen by the USADA. If a fighter agrees to testing demands such as PBF's, are they relevant. Does it matter if you piss hot on a test that are outside of boxing's regulations/guidelines? What were the results of the testing done in the PBF/Mosley fight?