Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectwe were doomed the minute the yorks brought in dennis erickson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=84998&mesg_id=85178
85178, we were doomed the minute the yorks brought in dennis erickson
Posted by Flash80, Wed Oct-27-10 11:20 AM
firing mooch after a playoff run...only to bring in erickson? FOH.

looking back to '08 when he assumed control, i don't believe jed's really made any positive difference. he gives a nice little press conference about "moving in the right direction" and some other cute anecdotes, but organizationally he has nothing to hang his hat on so far.

as you know, his dad was becoming public enemy #1 in the eyes of the media and fans, so he had no choice but to give the podium to jed, while he went behind the curtain and chilled with the denise as co-chairmen.

supposedly holmgren and shanahan weren't high on the list because of their lineage to eddie debartolo. remember, when the yorks came in, instead of keeping this the 49er way and what had worked, they wanted do everything different. this was validated by bill walsh, who said the yorks never once consulted with him when he had his office right down the hallway. T.O. confirmed this also in his book.

the whole way the denise fucked over her own brother eddie D while he was dealing with the feds still pisses me off.

edit: so yeah, it starts with the organization as far as i'm concerned. erickson, terry donahue, mike nolan, sing... all ownership's problem.