Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectToo soon...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=84998&mesg_id=85026
85026, Too soon...
Posted by Brother Grifter, Mon Nov-23-09 12:49 PM
1. I think too many teams/fans are getting happy about the prospect of landing a Superbowl coach, that they don't realize what they have.

2. If they came out in a spread from jump, it would be ugly. I don't think they have the line to withstand a team playing aggressively, not in prevent mode.

3. The defense has let the team down. That was supposed to be the strength, and based on that, the "keep it close" offense makes sense.

4. I don't think they are ready for the big time yet. They've shown progress under him, but they are still in the middle of the pack, that 7-9 to 9-7 middle. They've hung close on the road with better teams, dropped the one yesterday with another middle of the pack team, and lost at home to better teams. If they beat the 4 remaining teams they are supposed to beat (SEA, STL, DET, JAX?) that's 8 wins, and get one against the better teams (AZ, PHIL) that's 9 wins. That's progress after a QB change, Gore being out, and the holdout.