Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subject2011 NFL Draft Discussion Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=82643
82643, 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Post
Posted by calij81, Mon Apr-18-11 05:48 PM
Since it doesn't seem we will be having a mock draft this year we might as well have a post to discuss the upcoming 2011 NFL Draft. I don't know about you but I am not excited about this draft at all. I suppose that has to do with the lockout and the fact that we might not have a season this year, so we might not even see any of these rookies make their debut for a while. Even if we have a shortened season, you have to believe a lot of these rookies aren't going to play because they will have missed so much practice time that they won't see the field.

Anyways, let's discuss who you are "buying/selling", biggest bust potential/sleeper, who you want to see your team draft, what your team needs are, how many times the Pats will trade out for more picks in next years draft, Mel Kipers hair, etc.
82644, Who will the Panthers draft with the first pick?
Posted by ChampD1012, Mon Apr-18-11 06:14 PM
I would like them to trade down to get more picks. But without a CBA, I don't see that happening.

It is looking like Cam Newton right now. Patrick Peterson would be nice since we could lose Richard Marshall in a few years.

Don't know if I trust Nick Fairley or Bowers...but Darius looks pretty good...
82645, nobody is going to trade up to #1 for Newton or a defensive player.
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-18-11 06:51 PM
every year fans say the first team picking should trade down...but you need somebody else to trade with. only if Luck was in this draft would it have been an option.
82646, Who was the last consensus #1 pick?
Posted by After_Words, Tue Apr-19-11 05:16 PM
It seems like Luck would have been it this year... but I'm trying to remember if there was anyone recently that people were saying "hands down, #1 pick." Like a Lebron James or Blake Griffin type player?
82647, Bradford was a slam dunk across the board last year
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Apr-20-11 01:11 AM
>It seems like Luck would have been it this year... but I'm
>trying to remember if there was anyone recently that people
>were saying "hands down, #1 pick." Like a Lebron James or
>Blake Griffin type player?

In fact, he would have gone ahead of Stafford
the year before.

His only issue was the injury, but he was a slam
dunk #1 overall QB

----------------------------

Young Broadway Star Urgently Needs a Bone Marrow Donor. Is it you? http://MatchShannon.com/

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
82648, I agree that he was the #1 QB but he wasn't a consensus #1
Posted by calij81, Wed Apr-20-11 10:59 AM
after his injury and the monster season that Suh had.

Now had Bradford not been injured, he probably would have been a consensus #1 or very close to it.
82649, RE: I agree that he was the #1 QB but he wasn't a consensus #1
Posted by After_Words, Wed Apr-20-11 11:22 AM
Yeah... for a second, I heard talks about Suh going #1. Agreen on Bradford being the #1 QB though... it doesn't even seem close now.
82650, Bradford was the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 12:55 PM

He absolutely was a consensus #1

Bradford would have gone #1 overall the season
before, in fact.

82651, players I'm rooting for:
Posted by d., Mon Apr-18-11 06:14 PM
Kaepernic
Von Miller

two good guys you just wanna see succeed

Jonathan Baldwin (just cause the analysts are already giving him that
T.O., "diva" WR hate. dude has great MAD-making potential)

Ryan Bartholemew OL Syracuse, beasted in the combine. had the most
reps in the bench press and the fasted 40 for O Linemen

Rodney Hudson OL from FSU, liked dude's work ethic at the combine and
the fact that he's trying to learn to play Center

I was rooting for Ponder to be that "smart" "efficient" QB,
but I didn't know dude was so goofy. he might joke too much
for his teammates to take him seriously
82652, No free agency & no 1st rounder kills my draft enthusiasm
Posted by Brother Grifter, Mon Apr-18-11 06:26 PM
Draft was always a good way to close out the offseason, all or most of the team's holes are filled.

82653, RE: no 1st rounder kills my draft enthusiasm
Posted by LBs Finest, Mon Apr-18-11 06:35 PM
lol boy was that trade retarded.
82654, Lol...we've already argued this one to death
Posted by Brother Grifter, Tue Apr-19-11 02:15 PM
At first it was stupid b/c the Raiders pick was gonna be a Top 5 pick

Then it was about not trading for a 30 yr old lineman with little left.

Seymour made the Pro bowl, got a little DPOY love for a sec, did the whole 'make teammates better' thing, AND socked Rapeslisberger in his grill.

Pouncey or whatever lineman at 17 would've been nice, but this season was the most fun as a Raider fan since '02. I'll take that instead of the likely size/speed merchant Al would've picked
82655, I would like the Chargers (AJ Smith) trade down and get a few more picks
Posted by calij81, Mon Apr-18-11 06:32 PM
More to come later on their needs and who I would like them to get.
82656, 49ers...
Posted by Flash80, Mon Apr-18-11 07:16 PM
everything i'm reading says harbaugh's taking a CB at the #7 spot. random Bleacher Report Hack thinks we could "steal" Patrick Peterson, but i'm guessing he'll gone by then and so it's gonna be Prince A?

i'm particularly interested in this draft 'cause obviously it's harbaugh and the new staff's first.

i'm assuming they've done their homework on whichever QB he ends up taking after the 1st round, assuming they take a CB (nate clements, the exit's thattaway --->). as an aside, i read today there's a one-year offer on the table for alex smith to come back. GTFOH.

can't sleep on a pass rusher either.
82657, agreed, not hyped this year. However, Rams only have one BAD
Posted by Instant_Vintage, Mon Apr-18-11 07:24 PM
pick with our first pick, and that's QB. Any other draft pick is a good pick.
82658, y'all jaded, but word is teams think this draft is more important
Posted by d., Mon Apr-18-11 07:28 PM
precisely because they don't know what they'll be able to do with free agency.
the significance of the draft increases

82659, Taiwan Jones needs love (n/h)
Posted by Kira, Mon Apr-18-11 07:39 PM
Seriously dude is a sleeper pick of the draft.

If Cam Newton doesn't go in the first 8 picks something is seriously wrong with this draft.

Andy Dalton could be one of the best three QBs in this draft.

Kapernick needs to go to the right team and get that good Tim Tebow development time.
82660, Is he just fast or does he know how to run?
Posted by Brother Grifter, Tue Apr-19-11 02:06 PM
I'm rooting for him since he's a Bay product
82661, He has to know how to run.
Posted by Kira, Tue Apr-26-11 12:05 PM
I think he's a solid sleeper. Adrian Foster had the best season of any back last year and he was undrafted.
82662, Vikings- D line at 12, then a QB
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Apr-19-11 02:17 PM
either in the second round or trade into a later first rounder. I wouldn't even be upset with Locker or someone as long as we address something else with the #12.
82663, What if Tyron Smith falls to #12?
Posted by After_Words, Tue Apr-19-11 05:25 PM
O-Line could use some help too, although it seems like Quinn, Bowers, and even Fairley could slip to #12.

I agree with you though... I'd rather see the Vikes draft some sort of lineman in the first. I'm hoping Mallet or Dalton will still be there in the 2nd.
82664, Yeah, OL's a need too
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Apr-20-11 11:04 AM
McKinnie is what he is and won't ever be better, and if Loadholt doesn't have LT potential, we need to look elsewhere.
82665, Packers-Offensive line
Posted by cantball, Tue Apr-19-11 02:52 PM
They really don't have any big weaknesses besides kick coverage,and it looks like that won't be an issue anymore

How mad does this make you?
82666, I need the Colts to take Gabe Carimi
Posted by will_5198, Tue Apr-19-11 03:01 PM
please let this happen.
82667, Unless someone like Von Miller falls to the Chargers, which isn't
Posted by calij81, Wed Apr-20-11 11:01 AM
going to happen, this is who I want the Chargers to take at 18.
82668, A lot of people have the Chargers going DL/OLB with the 18
Posted by calij81, Wed Apr-20-11 11:08 AM
but I would prefer for them to address the OL, specifically the RT spot. The Chargers need to get that running game going to take some of the pressure off of Rivers.

With the two picks in the 2nd round they can go defense, pick up a DE and LB.

Ideally I would like to see them fall back to the middle part of the 1st round and pick up another 2nd round pick and a 5th.

82669, Bowers = Bust
Posted by bentagain, Wed Apr-20-11 11:59 AM
I was watching some highlight reel of his, and about 3 plays in I realize...all of these plays are against NC State...WTF...did dude play against any other team? Then Mario Williams pops in my head. Not buying this kid...

I am buying Cam Newton. I don't know the particulars of QB grading for the draft, but from an onlookers' perspective, kid's got all the tools.
82670, What happened?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Apr-29-11 09:00 AM
Just a month ago this kids name was being kicked around as one of the top 5 picks, now he falls to the 2nd round?

"Back in January, right after Stanford QB Andrew Luck threw everyone for a loop and decided to return to school for his junior season, SI's Peter King declared that Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers was the early front-runner to be the No. 1 overall pick. A little over three months later, Bowers will still be on the board when Round Two of the 2011 NFL Draft begins."

82671, Teams with a billion needs, post here:
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Apr-20-11 12:03 PM
82672, Jaguars-- what the hell do they take?
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Apr-20-11 12:04 PM
The offense is anemic. We need a QB and consistent WR options, not to mention more support for the O-line couldn't hurt.

The defense may be worse. I can't think of a position where we DON'T need support and/or added support.
82673, Warren Sapp sh*tted on Nick Fairley last night
Posted by d., Tue Apr-26-11 11:39 AM
on NFL Network's roundtable show. he went so hard frikkin Charley Casserly had to defend Fairley

Sapp's criticism: "no motor" "finesse player" "plays too high"(no leverage)

not wrong on all points, but to me, that meanness in Fairley suggests that he will be a decent pro,
and while he may not dominate an entire game, I think he might have a knack for making timely plays

can't wait for next season to start. so many kids with potential. so many kids with doubters

82674, I said this about Fairley. He picks sides too much.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Tue Apr-26-11 11:58 AM

He'll get gobbled up in the NFL.

He'll be good, but not great

Young Broadway Star Urgently Needs a Bone Marrow Donor. Is it you? http://MatchShannon.com/

(C)Keith Murray, "
82675, Sapp was also adamant that McCoy was way better than Suh
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Apr-28-11 12:25 PM
82676, Don't steal AJ Green, Bungholes.... I want the Browns to get him
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Apr-26-11 11:54 AM
so that I can start showering the locals with hometown pride and assholia
82677, as for the Eagles, I am much more concerned with FAgency.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Apr-26-11 11:55 AM
82678, this labor crap is fuckin us up, we're dangling Kolb
Posted by Lesson24, Thu Apr-28-11 02:31 PM
if Peterson slides to AZ they draft him and we draft whomever AZ wants trade him and Kolb for Peterson, but that would make too much sense, we have 100 DL on our team, we need CB, OL then LB in that order
82679, Colin Kapaernick? Thoughts?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Tue Apr-26-11 12:02 PM
I saw the Raiders were looking at him. So I assumed he's fast and/or throws far. Not sure if he lasts until the 2nd round though.

anybody seen him play?
82680, ha. he's very fast and throws very far
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 12:35 PM
>I saw the Raiders were looking at him. So I assumed he's fast
>and/or throws far. Not sure if he lasts until the 2nd round
>though.
>
>anybody seen him play?

dude is tall, fast, strong, great competitor, a hard worker--the unquestioned leader of his team. he's a good, humble kid with a heart-warming
background (was adopted as an infant)

knocks on him: came from a specialized run-heavy offense (where he, himself, ran a lot) and he has a long throwing motion. so, he faces
the same question as most college QB's--can he play the pro game?

think: Vince Young's talent without VY's issues
82681, He's fast and throws far
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Apr-28-11 12:37 PM
>I saw the Raiders were looking at him. So I assumed he's fast
>and/or throws far.

You're correct there. I liked what I saw from Kaepernick when I saw him the last two years and wondered why he didn't get more hype, but he's risen in the pre-draft process. I think he actually has pretty similar tools to Jason Campbell, plus better wheels and not having been ruined by a constant stream of offensive coordinators yet. But they're about the same build, have a bit of a windup, above average arm strength... he's pretty much a prototype Raiders-type QB.

In short, I'd like to see the Raiders nab him but I'm worried they'd ruin his career, like most QBs they drafted.
82682, Yeah he is very athletic and ran that pistol offense to perfection
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 12:43 PM
I saw him absolutely dominate Cal. However, it being college he also got away with some throws that would have been picked on the next level.

I think the kid has a lot of potential but he will be a project. He needs to go to a team where he can learn a pro style offense before being thrusted into a starting position.
82683, since FA is effed up. any qb needy teams who would trade for kolb?
Posted by poetx, Tue Apr-26-11 12:05 PM
i mean player for player, after the draft is over adn *whenever* FA is opened up.

i'd love to get an above avg CB for him, but i think that's asking too much. also, i'm hoping the iggles get either nnamdi or joseph to fill that spot.

i think we have *enough* D linemen, and will likely get moar since the draft is particularly deep there.

so the onliest area where i think the iggles would be ok in trading kolb for would be a standout, proven veteran LB (even though andy devalues the position), a standout, proven veteran safety (i'm against this b/c q ain't that bad and the young guys are serviceable to good, depending upon coming back from injury) and a pick in 2012.

the 2012 shit is waaaay up in the air, so that really puts the onus on getting an above average starter on defense in return for kk.

which of the qb needy teams have that to offer?

(someone said there are 14 qb needy squads. in reality, none of the jokers in this draft are ready to start on day one), but for shits and giggles lets say that there will be 10 squads between the draft and other FA qb's that need someone who can start now, that might be suitors for kolb.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
** i move away from the mic to breathe in
82684, I am PRAYING that the Bengals don't take a WR.
Posted by phenompyrus, Tue Apr-26-11 01:09 PM
Why why why would any team picking in the top 5 take a WR???
82685, probably because they want the next Andre Johnson, Fitz, or Megatron
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 12:23 PM
sidenote - andre johnson needs a nickname.
82686, 'Forgot About' Dre Johnson
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Apr-28-11 12:30 PM
though, after his fight with bitch-ass Finnegan (The Duke of Nashville) last season...he needs a new name
82687, aight, im bout to be in FULL draft mode pretty soon
Posted by LBs Finest, Tue Apr-26-11 02:45 PM
all this talk of miami using their 1st round pick on a QB, i just dont see it, the bottom line is i doubt Sparano will gamble in this put up or shut up year on a rookie QB. because even if he did take a ryan mallet or cam newton, another 7-9 season and he's out, he wont get the chance to develop these guys. and there's no matt ryan or sam bradford in this draft, miami might have a better shot at the playoffs ust rolling the dice with henne over these rooks and hoping he'll improve enough in his 3rd year as a starter.

i wanna see nothing but offensive skill position players this time. RBs, WRs, TE. we need SPEED, you can throw in a guard/center in the later rounds, but our 1st 2 or 3 picks need to be playmakers. if they take more than one late round defensive player i'll be pretty angry, the defense is SET, its the complete opposite of the offense, it has talent, youth and depth.

no 2nd round pick this year, we REALLY need to trade down, and i think we will like we did last year. i want mark ingram but im not sure i want to take him at 15.

last year's draft was fucken wack, hey Sparano/Ireland, this time if we go best player available, lets make sure it actually fills a need.
82688, It seems like a lot of people don't really care about this years draft
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 11:52 AM
is it due to the labor issues?
82689, Probably
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 12:22 PM
I care about this draft, and will watch the first round with great frustration
82690, yup.
Posted by Jesse Badgreen, Thu Apr-28-11 01:30 PM
>is it due to the labor issues?
82691, If the Skins take a QB, I might quit the franchise
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 12:17 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBox 360 Live gamertag - Keystonejenks
82692, I'm hoping the Jets get a pass rushing DE... JJ Watt, perhaps?
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 12:24 PM
Ellis is getting old, and all our crazy blitzes dont mean shit if all we do is get CLOSE to sacking the QB.
82693, Von Miller will be a perennial Pro Bowler
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Apr-28-11 12:26 PM
whoever nabs him has a franchise star for a decade
82694, I'm with Skip Bayless. I don't see it.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 01:01 PM

I saw several games and he didn't dominate.

Where's the in game production?

(C)Keith Murray, "
82695, huh? what several games did you see?
Posted by veritas, Fri Apr-29-11 10:52 AM
because von miller was arguably the most productive defensive player in the nation last year.

pretty sure he led all collegians in sacks and was literally ALL OVER the field ALL the time.

not sure the angle here, but if you really saw several TAMU games this year (not sure why you would since you're not really a big 12 head) then i can't possibly see how you're underwhelmed.

82696, These mock drafts with the Vikes taking Locker @ 12 have me worried
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 12:27 PM
Especially if Bowers is available there.

I'd rather get Bowers in the first and then grab Mallett in the second
82697, I don't get the Locker love.
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 12:42 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

82698, Very few do. At best Locker is a late 1st round pick
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 12:44 PM
If he goes in the top 15 some team and their fans are going to regret it.
82699, Yeah, I wouldn't hate him in the second round, or even late first
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 12:47 PM
if we trade down.

But this team has too many holes to fix elsewhere to waste the #12 pick on a guy with his kind of question marks. Also, that Gruden's QB Camp special did him no favors.
82700, Yeah late 1st at best but better suited as a 2nd/3rd round selection
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 12:50 PM
>But this team has too many holes to fix elsewhere to waste the
>#12 pick on a guy with his kind of question marks. Also, that
>Gruden's QB Camp special did him no favors.

I cut my cable so I missed this, do you mind explaining what happened?
82701, He just came off as really unprepared
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 01:09 PM
Gruden questioned him on a lot of those moments when he would take off running and barrel into someone instead of sliding, taking off really quickly without seemingly looking at any of his options, just the sorta Favre-ian decisions he'd make (that sometimes worked out in his favor, because he is actually a pretty gifted QB) and his answers just seemed dumb and like he put no thought into them.
82702, If Ego Smith trades picks to move up in the 1st or back into the 1st
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 12:29 PM
I will be pissed. I would prefer we sit back with our picks and take the best available player or try to trade down in the 1st to get a few more picks but I do not want to see the Chargers trading up in the 1st.
82703, Falcons to trade up if Julio Jones is still on the board at 10?
Posted by B9, Thu Apr-28-11 12:32 PM
Don't know when the shit fest that is the D-line got ignored in favor of a home-run WR, but that's the talk here.
82704, That sounds like a bad idea
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 12:34 PM
after watching that Green Bay - Atlanta playoff game, it is clear the Falcons need defense.

WR doesn't seem like that big if a need for the Falcons, especially to have to trade up for one.

I would even say RB is a bigger priority over WR.
82705, I don't think it's going to happen.
Posted by B9, Thu Apr-28-11 12:46 PM
Jenkins is a fine #2 to White. The secondary and line still need work, then on offense they are supposedly after an explosive, small back ala Felix, and a long term project to replace Tony Gonzalez.

This came from left field and is not the Demetroff way.
82706, Man I'm all for that shit
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Apr-28-11 12:49 PM
82707, wrong!
Posted by Ray_Snill, Thu Apr-28-11 07:49 PM
after watching that GB-ATL the Falcons missed a lot of sacks (I counted 5 where Rodgers was in grasp) and offensive turnovers (including a pick 6 & INT in the endzone) did us in.

<================================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20787335@N08
82708, heads up: nfl.com/live for NFL Network's live draft coverage
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 12:38 PM
http://nfl.com/live
82709, I'm not sold on UCLA's guys in the draft
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Apr-28-11 12:57 PM
I like Akeem Ayers and Rahim Moore as dudes (from what I know about them) but have doubts about them in the league.

Ayers has that prototype size and has great agility which gets him some highlight plays but seems like he misses that consistent mean streak you want from a backer or that extra bit of burst to finish as a pass rusher. He can make 2 or 3 plays a game that make you go "Wow!" but then he disappears for 2 quarters at a time and you wonder where the hell he is and he's getting washed out by a fullback.

Moore can cover and became a better tackler than he appears last year, but you can probably get a safety as good as him in the 4th or 5th round instead of picking him in the 2nd or so. I don't really see the appeal of picking a safety high who has pretty much one dimension.

I think David Carter can stick in the league as a 3-4 DE for a while though if someone picks him up.
82710, Your all invited to the Ray Rice Bootylicious NFL Draft Party
Posted by imo, Thu Apr-28-11 01:03 PM
Bring some fresh ones and turn your phones off.

http://www.terezowens.com/ray-rice-hosting-bootylicious-nfl-draft-party/

82711, God bless his soul
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 01:12 PM
82712, Who is the number 1 pick tonight? Carolina has narrowed it to 4
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 02:38 PM
Cam Newton
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Marcell Dareus

My money is on Dareus.
82713, I think it's Cam
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 02:41 PM
Would be cool to see Peterson though
82714, Yeah I think it is Dareus only because Ron Rivera was a DC
Posted by calij81, Thu Apr-28-11 02:51 PM
and would want to build that defense up, starting with the DL.

I could see them taking Dareus and then maybe a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, such a Dalton from TCU in the third and if FA ever starts picking up Billy Volek as a short term starter/mentor.

Plus you know Carolina is on the cheap, you have to believe that Carolina doesn't want to pay the QB premium.
82715, As much as I don't like him, I'd almost feel sorry for Claussen
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 02:53 PM
Because the kid does have talent and it's not like it's all on him the team was so bad. I think a defensive player makes more sense from a team building perspective, I just can't picture them actually passing on Cam.
82716, I agree on Clausen
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 03:00 PM
>Because the kid does have talent and it's not like it's all
>on him the team was so bad. I think a defensive player makes
>more sense from a team building perspective, I just can't
>picture them actually passing on Cam.

But dude has been entitled his whole career, and
competition is good for everyone

(C)Keith Murray, "
82717, I don't feel sorry for Clausen at all...
Posted by ChampD1012, Fri Apr-29-11 01:48 AM
>>Because the kid does have talent and it's not like it's all
>>on him the team was so bad. I think a defensive player makes
>>more sense from a team building perspective, I just can't
>>picture them actually passing on Cam.
>
>But dude has been entitled his whole career, and
>competition is good for everyone

It wasn't like Carolina didn't have enough talent around him. There were 2 Pro Bowlers on that offensive line, Steve Smith, and 2 1100 yard RBs to hand the ball off to.

He had an opportunity to succeed in Carolina. And the offense was very similar to what he was running at Notre Dame.

The guy just did not have. He fell to Carolina at 49 for a reason and we saw why last season.
82718, have you heard the stories about clausen's character?
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:10 PM
yeah, i don't feel sorry about him.
82719, The Rams need 3 starters in the first 3 picks...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Apr-28-11 02:53 PM
our schedule is monsterous...

we need guys who can fill holes right today..

I want Julio but doubt he'll get past the Bengals Browns and Redskins..

if that's the case...good chance we get Liguet and plug him in as a starter right away..

there are plenty of WRs who would be available in the 2nd round..I really like Baldwin from Pittsburgh....

in the 3rd round...we need to come strong again...maybe OLB or FS..... if there isn't a guy there who we feel can come in and start...then I'd say look for a back up RB
82720, I hesitate to agree with O_E on damn near anything....
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 03:41 PM
but he did make a good point in that Cam Newton thread.

Tyrod Taylor is getting practically no love, and the kid deserves it.

Hard worker, talented, and smart as hell.

Unfortunately no one seems to be taking him seriously unless he switches to another position.

I'm rooting for this kid.
82721, Mike Vick believes in him
Posted by Brother Grifter, Thu Apr-28-11 04:19 PM
http://youtu.be/ISC_5D0Gk-I
82722, He just wants to rep for VT.
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 04:24 PM

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one"-Anonymous

http://api.ning.com/files/ibhtJCHk2ouN7HlTkIP92YIUq
82723, Dear Titans. please draft a QB or WR. thank you
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 05:32 PM
even if its wackass Julio Jones (AJ way better). he'll be good enough
82724, PLEASE PRINCE A. -- DROP TO THE LIONS.
Posted by brown sugar, Thu Apr-28-11 06:41 PM
82725, and trade pick to the Eagles!
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:04 PM
82726, NOPE!! HE'S OURS!!!
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 07:48 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo
82727, It's gotta be a weird feeling to have an entire Event Hall boo you
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 06:43 PM
in unison.

Good job Goodell.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one"-Anonymous

82728, like he really gives a fuck.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 07:03 PM
82729, I said it would be weird, I didn't say he cared.
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:11 PM
Though I can't believe that anyone can have a few thousand people telling you they hate you at the same time and not feel something.

82730, Who do you hate more, Berman or Goodell?
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:02 PM
82731, is these nyggas booing?
Posted by SeV, Thu Apr-28-11 07:05 PM
wtf

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/01/03/5/1339/13392164/29/nowitzki_mvp.jpg
82732, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_season#Labor_dispute
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_season#Labor_dispute
82733, Ha.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Apr-28-11 07:08 PM
82734, they werent booing goodell tho..
Posted by SeV, Thu Apr-28-11 07:09 PM

82735, Cam walkin wit the smooth bop. lmao. nm
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:05 PM
82736, RE: Cam walkin wit the smooth bop. lmao. nm
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:07 PM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/097/219/original/RHuHq.gif?1296949449
82737, Easily the funniest gif I've seen all month.
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:15 PM

82738, cam newton is the prototype 1st round bust
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:05 PM
raw, freakishly athletic QB with character issues. good luck with that, carolina.
82739, man i hope not. i hate the panthers, but i like cam newton.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 07:07 PM
82740, it's the carolina part that makes me think he'll bust
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:09 PM
that franchise is horseshit, and i will have no reservations in hoping that he fails for them.
82741, It's not like they can get worse.
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:13 PM

82742, i can hope
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:14 PM
82743, NOPE! Latino coach. Support system. n/m
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 07:18 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
82744, as opposed to all the white non-athletic good ol boy QBs who busted?
Posted by SeV, Thu Apr-28-11 07:10 PM

82745, The only bust he's anything like is Alex Smith
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 07:24 PM

Alex Smith was a system stud with an inflated
season in a non-pro style offense. Cam is much
bigger, stronger, faster, and has a stronger arm,
though.

Tim Couch -- No reason he busted. He easily looked
as good as Matt Ryan at the same stage. Was a tad
overhyped coming out of high school, though. Cam
is nothing like him.

Ryan Leaf -- Terrible human being with a negative
ability to deal with adversity. Cam is nothing like
him.

Jamacus Russell -- Lazy, no fire, no desire. All the
physical and mental skills though (pro style offense,
QB smarts)

Cam has dealt with adversity and laughed at it
multiple times, and in fact, has used it to MOTIVATE
HIM (which makes him better than Ryan Leaf)

He's had to hustle to get where he is, and took a
team on his shoulders, performing extraordinarily
well under pressure (unlike Jamarcus)

(C)Keith Murray, "
82746, how many passes has he thrown?
Posted by effa_mainstream, Fri Apr-29-11 01:27 AM
82747, Dunno. But Clausen and Quinn were 4-year starts in pro offenses.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Apr-29-11 01:47 AM

Both threw zillions of passes and were running
pro style workouts in high school.

See where I'm going with this?

(C)Keith Murray, "
82748, Tells me that Notre Dame QBs recently fall for a reason in the draft...
Posted by ChampD1012, Fri Apr-29-11 02:04 AM
Cleveland and Carolina both that found out first hand...
82749, And that throwing the ball a lot in a pro style offense is overrated
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Apr-29-11 02:09 AM

n/m

(C)Keith Murray, "
82750, a reach is a reach is a reach
Posted by Effa, Fri Apr-29-11 11:23 AM
every year can't be 1983 or 2004.

carolina could very well suck just as bad this year and be staring andrew luck in the face.

they should've picked dareus, let jimmy clausen fuck them for another year with dropped snaps and hoped to pick luck the next year.
82751, Why is Denver drafting a a linebacker that doesn't fit their system?
Posted by Kira, Thu Apr-28-11 07:11 PM
n/m
82752, because our defense was horrible and he's the best defender in the draft?
Posted by HecticHavoc, Thu Apr-28-11 07:21 PM
i love the pick. him and Elvis coming off the corners is a PROBLEM!!! and DJ Williams. legit.
82753, i don't believe a man who wears nerd glasses can rush the passer
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:13 PM
82754, Did they have to boo Cam too?
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Apr-28-11 07:16 PM
82755, Yup....I'm assuming there's all Alabama fans.
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:26 PM

82756, Cincy just called Palmer's bluff
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Apr-28-11 07:23 PM
82757, green doesn't impove their team at all
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:28 PM
good.
82758, good. bengals draft a WR, i'm hoping the browns follow suit
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:23 PM
if cleveland gets patrick peterson, it could be a problem.
82759, NOPE, Green's fault
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 07:23 PM
Headline after Carson throws 5 picks in a game in October
82760, NOPE, still ochocinco's fault
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:27 PM
not even on the team, but he's an outside-the-locker-room distraction.
82761, Ochocinco's tweets force Palmer to throw to the other team.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 07:32 PM

scientific fact.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82762, i laughed
Posted by HecticHavoc, Thu Apr-28-11 07:27 PM
'you know Green has to make that adjustment, he needs to see Palmer under pressure and change his route to better fit the situation'
82763, Won't somebody think of jimmy clausen!!!!
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Thu Apr-28-11 07:24 PM
from his twitter:
JimmyClausen Jimmy Clausen
Congrats to Cam Newton! Welcome to the #Panthers
82764, So we can assume dude is either studying film right now or crying
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:29 PM
into a bottle of jack.

82765, Derek Anderson's laughing like he just got blown out on MNF
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 07:29 PM
82766, well, Mayock has gotten the first 5 picks right.
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:29 PM
this is a good look for Skelton in AZ
82767, ATL DONE TRADED UP FOR JULIO JONES!
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:32 PM
Falcons games are must watch now

sheeeid. two gully-ass, tough receivers!?!? lawd.
82768, Oh thats not good news
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Thu Apr-28-11 07:33 PM
I get feeling everytime i see jones play he's gonna beast in the league andnow he doesnt even have to do so as primary option
82769, falcons on that matt millen
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:32 PM
that is WAY too much to give up for a WR.
82770, yo, i am quite curious about the terms of this trade
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:34 PM
ATL must have to give up a boatload here.
82771, they gave up a sh*t load.
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:35 PM
they get the falcons first round pick this year (of course) they also
get their 2nd and 4th round picks for this year. for 2012, Cleveland
gets a 1st and 4th round pick
82772, good God, a 2nd, a 3rd, AND next years 1st and 4th
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:36 PM
they just gave up the entire top half of a draft. no trade today could possibly be dumber than this.
82773, Josh McDaniels-level of dumbfuckery
Posted by HecticHavoc, Thu Apr-28-11 07:38 PM
82774, jesus christ, for a need that isn't even really a need.
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Apr-28-11 09:08 PM
82775, B's get
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 07:36 PM
ATL's first round this year AND next year
ATL's 2nd rounder this year
ATL's fourth rounder this year and next year
82776, there's a very clear and direct correlation between
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:39 PM
teams sacrificing this many draft picks on one player and teams being terrible for the next five years. atlanta's done.
82777, *Dreadlocked Mike Ditka nods*
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 07:42 PM
82778, YUP
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:45 PM
82779, 49er's gonna shit the bed on this one
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Apr-28-11 07:37 PM
82780, Niners better take Gabbert here
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 07:38 PM
82781, wooooooooooooooooooow!!!! aldon smith?!?!
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 07:41 PM
ALEX SMITH WON
82782, Damn...Gabbert just gave homie the churchiest of all church hugs
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:41 PM

82783, FALCONS!!!
Posted by ne_atl, Thu Apr-28-11 07:41 PM
82784, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted by MadDagoNH, Thu Apr-28-11 07:44 PM
Way to go Titans.

-----------------------------------------------------------
kick some ass, Sal

2010 OKAY COLLEGE FANTASY CHAMPION
82785, HE GONE! HE OFF THE BOARD! WE CANT TAKE HIM!!!!!
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 07:44 PM
82786, HOLY FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Apr-28-11 07:44 PM
LOCKER BEFORE GABBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
82787, Lmao locker lmao
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 07:44 PM
82788, MAN I LOVE BEING WHITE!! LOLOLOLOLOCKER!!!
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:44 PM
82789, lol. nm
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:45 PM
82790, bet you typed it with conviction too, lol
Posted by MaxPtah, Thu Apr-28-11 07:47 PM
82791, Wow...that was the most interest I've shown in the Titans in all the time
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:45 PM
I've lived in Nashville.

My interest in now back to zero. Best of luck to Locker though.

82792, WHOA - Locker in the top 10...over Gabbert?
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 07:46 PM
them tv niggas don't know SHITTTTTTTTT

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
82793, unbelieveable. Locker #8 overall?!
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 07:46 PM
82794, how many spots could the titans have traded down
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:46 PM
and still gotten locker? 15? 20? i like the idea though. you see a guy you want who's not gonna be there in the 2nd, go for it.
82795, I been shitting on Jake Locker for FOUR FUCKING YEARS
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 07:46 PM
and now this sorry ass is the new face and hope of our franchise.

fuck. my. life.

i wanted a QB but not his sorry ass.

goddamn.
82796, anytime you can get a QB who never completed 59 percent, you have to
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:48 PM
82797, that sucks
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:52 PM
82798, What.thee.fuck just happened?
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 07:47 PM
82799, That's what I'm thinking
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 07:48 PM

82800, lol. titans are going to run wildcat with locker as the sweep man
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Apr-28-11 07:47 PM
<--- Let's do it. Playoff run 2011
82801, or put him on that matt jones WR tip
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:48 PM
82802, I'm kinda shocked by how fast locker is actually
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Apr-28-11 11:36 PM
82803, the anti Vince Young? ok, now i hate Jake Locker
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 07:50 PM
82804, What I took away from that is that Locker will have a losing record
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 07:56 PM
but he'll be very mature...and white. I mean assuming that he really is the "anti-Vince Young".

82805, *smfh*
Posted by sfMatt, Thu Apr-28-11 07:51 PM
Husky fans are going to be talking all sorts of shit in our general direction about their "no. 8 overall QB"
82806, in other words, they'll be Coolidge-ing you
Posted by MadDagoNH, Thu Apr-28-11 08:00 PM

kick some ass, Sal

82807, really? why would we brag about a draft slot?
Posted by PROMO, Thu Apr-28-11 08:55 PM
brag about performance, sure.

but bragging about where a kid was drafted....what part of the game is that?
82808, Naw. But I'm happy for the hometown kid just the same.
Posted by jigga, Fri Apr-29-11 09:51 AM
>Husky fans are going to be talking all sorts of shit in our
>general direction about their "no. 8 overall QB"
>
82809, Ok.. we went OT... I can't be mad at that
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 07:53 PM
<---- 5....
82810, Redskins DON'T DO IT!!!!
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 07:54 PM
DON'T EVEN LET IT CROSS YOUR MINDS!!!!

82811, oh, they doin it
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:57 PM
82812, HELL YEAH BITCHES!!!! *Skins did something SMART!!!
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 07:59 PM

82813, i didn't think snyder had it in him
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:03 PM
82814, i doubt snyder had much involvement in this one
Posted by AlBundy, Fri Apr-29-11 02:00 AM
82815, NOPE! TRADE! JAGS ON THE CLOCK!
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 07:58 PM
82816, DAMN IT! I WANTED Y'ALL TO FUCK UP!!
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 07:59 PM
<---- 5....
82817, Hey, we still have Fat Albert on our roster so we stay fuckin' up
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 08:00 PM

82818, FUCK. YEAH.
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Apr-29-11 08:03 AM
Smartest move this team has made in 5 years.

Well, Vinny made smart moves trading down to get three 2nd rounders, but we know how that turned out.
82819, So, when Locker busts, how will they manage to make it Vince's fault?
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 07:56 PM
82820, Vince forced their hand, they had to take Locker
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 07:58 PM
How was that?

82821, vince failed to help develop locker
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:00 PM
82822, #TeamNFLNetworkCoverage
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 07:59 PM
82823, White people: Why do y'all act like Garrard is a bum?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 08:00 PM

Explain.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82824, i don't know man.
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:04 PM
all i can say is that they don't call jacksonville southern georgia for nothing. can't sell many tickets with a black face of the franchise. other than that, i got nothing.
82825, Yeah, I had the good sense to get out of that city when I was an infant
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 08:08 PM

82826, He's not. But he's strangely inconsistent.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Apr-28-11 08:12 PM
My friend who works for the Jags has a theory. You can tell by Garrards production on the first drive whether Jax will win or lose. Cuz in the first drive, Garrard is usually 7-8 or 0-3. He said he's the most bizarrely inconsistent QB he's ever seen in working in the NFL-- Pro Bowl one week, bottom 5 in the NFL the next.

Outside of his one sick season, he's just soooo hot and cold. That's his scouting report. But since he told me and I started attempting to analyze it.. It's pretty goddamn accurate.

And the problem isn't the jaguars' talent-- it's their consistency. A new QB means those in charge are sick of the inconsistency.

Jacksonville loves Garrard though. Hes well-spoken and uses God every other sentence. Kind of a shame.
82827, Sounds good. Just wanted an explanation. n/m
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:31 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
82828, Cleveland!!!!!!!!
Posted by radin, Thu Apr-28-11 08:00 PM
82829, Please someone tell me Gabbert ain't gonna bust.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Apr-28-11 08:01 PM
He can develop well behind Garrardian... Right?
82830, well, they've been calling him the "cleanest" QB in this yr's draft
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 08:02 PM
82831, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL. that boy has joey harrington
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:02 PM
written all over him.

82832, He'll be fine, he doesn't have to start right away
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:03 PM
Better than OKS gives him credit for
82833, Strange thing is, he has the EXACT SAME QUESTIONS as Cam Newton
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 08:03 PM

But to a higher degree, and without the winning.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82834, basically.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:06 PM

82835, Gabbert will be >>>>> Newton....book it.
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:10 PM
82836, Gabbert will be >>>>> Newton....book it.
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:11 PM
82837, maybe, but I don't see it.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:14 PM

82838, Explain to me what he does well. I'm listening.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 08:27 PM

Honestly.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82839, first he's big as fuck...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:39 PM
he's smart and he makes his decisions quickly. If the play isn't there he's quick enough to get the fuck outta dodge and make something happen (alot faster than Bradford), he can throw darts on the run. I've watched him scan the whole field while running and deliver the pass to the open man. His arm is big and he can throw with touch. That whole "played in a spread" shit is a bit cysed, IMO.
82840, He is big. Everything else you're wrong about.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 08:49 PM
>he's smart and he makes his decisions quickly.

No, his offense doesn't require any standing in
the pocket, any progressions, and is a wild spread
unlike anything he'll ever see in the NFL.

Strangely, "not a pro offense" was only used to
criticize Cam when the same thing, to a greater
degree, can be said about Blaine, except Blaine
wasn't as good running his offense as Cam was running
his.

>If the play
>isn't there he's quick enough to get the fuck outta dodge and
>make something happen (alot faster than Bradford),

Or rather, he didn't have the patience to stand in the
pocket, and when he did escape, he made bad decisions and
was absolutely dreadful on 3rd down and in the red zone.

>he can
>throw darts on the run.

Except on 3rd down and in the red zone.

>I've watched him scan the whole field
>while running and deliver the pass to the open man. His arm
>is big and he can throw with touch. That whole "played in a
>spread" shit is a bit cysed, IMO.

Ok. I mean, you can like him, but the evidence really isn't
there.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82841, right on, man...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:55 PM
I'm not sure how much you've actually watched him play football games...so I won't debate you. I've watched him a lot...on tv and in Columbia live. Guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one. Seems like you're getting defensive as if you think I'm disparaging Cam to hype up Blaine, but you couldn't be more wrong. I like Cam. None of that pay for play shit ever changed my opinion on him. He's a phenomenal athlete and a winner. I just think Blaine will end up being a better NFL quarterback. Oh...and Blaine's numbers in the redzone last season: 31 for 51, 191 yds, 9TD/3 picks, 138.72 rating. I wouldn't exactly call that dreadful.
82842, Nah, I'm not as high on Cam Newton as some are.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:10 PM
>I'm not sure how much you've actually watched him play
>football games...so I won't debate you. I've watched him a
>lot...on tv and in Columbia live. Guess we'll just have to
>wait and see on this one. Seems like you're getting defensive
>as if you think I'm disparaging Cam to hype up Blaine, but you
>couldn't be more wrong. I like Cam. None of that pay for
>play shit ever changed my opinion on him. He's a phenomenal
>athlete and a winner. I just think Blaine will end up being a
>better NFL quarterback. Oh...and Blaine's numbers in the
>redzone last season: 31 for 51, 191 yds, 9TD/3 picks, 138.72
>rating. I wouldn't exactly call that dreadful.

I just find it weird that the problems that people have
with Cam can be said for all of the other QBs in this draft,
and people have all but ignored them.

Gabbert was not particularly productive in a non pro style
offense and was dreadful in situations where his production
and leadership mattered. Almost no one has consistently pointed
this out.

I personally think Gabbert is the 4th best QB in this
draft. I like Newton, Ponder and Locker better.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82843, *Waits for Longo to make the Pretty In Pink reference*
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:02 PM
82844, damn, kiper is kinda shitting on blaine here
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 08:02 PM
82845, So Jax trades up for Gabbert while they got Garrard?
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:02 PM
What the hell is going on with this draft?
82846, Garrard just isn't all that coachable....
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 08:05 PM
The Jaguars gave him a lot of chances, but after all the time and commitment they've given him, he refuses to stop being black.

82847, Garrard has at MOST a year left at starter regardless.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Apr-28-11 08:06 PM
Might as well get a "talent" who can learn behind Garrard.

How's this dude's arm?
82848, his qb coach/trainer also trained Sam Bradford...
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 08:12 PM
>How's this dude's arm?

and says he's on par with him
82849, plus he's a little bigger and a faster
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:14 PM
82850, the jags need bette receivers or it'll be the same thing
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 08:04 PM
no matter who's the starting qb.
82851, ^^^^^
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:10 PM
82852, This, sadly, is real talk.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Apr-28-11 08:16 PM
82853, the texans should take Prince here
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 08:05 PM
they've got a chance to have cornerstones on all three defensive levels.
82854, is it just me or is Suzy Kolber looking kinda good?
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:06 PM
thinking at Amukamara might drop to the lions got me gone off that Joe Namath

82855, RE: is it just me or is Suzy Kolber looking kinda good?
Posted by Drewmathic, Thu Apr-28-11 08:11 PM
Definitely not just you. Joe Namath agrees.

http://twitter.com/Drewmathic
82856, Damn, we got some OPTIONS on defense right now
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:09 PM
I don't even know who I want. Fairley and Kevin Williams could be destructive in the middle, but I didn't think Prince would still be on the board either.
82857, no homo, but I'm jerking my dick thinking about Amukamara
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:13 PM
I'm not actually masturbating, but if they pick him i will definitely ejaculate.

82858, as much as we needed O-line help...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:15 PM
the thought of him rockin the Star on his helmet made me kinda hot, lol.
82859, smh, but i already missed the nfl.
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:10 PM
i'm more crunk about this draft than any i can remember. the no free agency apparently really bummed me out.
82860, will Miami really have the balls to take Mallett at 15?
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 08:12 PM
82861, damn you've given up on that Hennessy already.
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 08:15 PM
never thought i'd see that day.
82862, no i havent...i cant say the same for the coaching staff though
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 08:24 PM
they've made it clear they're hunting for a QB
82863, Damn, I wanted to see Blaine in a Vikings uni
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:12 PM
82864, OH FUCK THIS ALL TO HELL
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:15 PM
82865, ^^the saddest man alive
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:21 PM
82866, No, Ponder still>>>>>Locker
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:27 PM
Although Laettner's Wolves career has left a deep prejudice against ACC caucasians named Christian
82867, i feel your pain man.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 08:28 PM
82868, Haha (c) Nelson
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:30 PM
All that talent on the board and yall take Ponder? lolvikingslol
82869, and the curse of favre continues
Posted by Drizzit, Thu Apr-28-11 09:39 PM
what in the fuck did chilly do to us?!

FM(sports)L
82870, where is that favre -- mad? pic when i need it?
Posted by Drizzit, Fri Apr-29-11 08:09 AM
damn. still salty about this.
82871, Me too
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Apr-29-11 08:17 AM
Although if we can come up with Bowers in the second round, it might take some of the sting away.
82872, sad thing is, Ponder is better than Locker. and he sucks too.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 08:15 PM
82873, QB RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:18 PM
HURRY UP AND GET ONE!!! EVERYBODY!!! NOW OR NEVER!!!
(in an unrelated note, would the following players please report to the bottom half of the 1st round: prince, pouncey)
82874, Good more talent left for the giants
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Thu Apr-28-11 08:19 PM
ps. i reckon the titans and vikes will double down on qbs come free agency
82875, Fairley and Suh in the middle? Gotdamn
Posted by MadDagoNH, Thu Apr-28-11 08:19 PM

kick some ass, Sal

82876, suh and fairley is a serious problem
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:19 PM
82877, I mean, i'm happy or whatever....but amukamara.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:20 PM

82878, I can't take another season with terrible cornerbacks
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:20 PM

82879, you don't need to cover for more than two seconds now
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:23 PM
82880, it won't matter.. teams will be on their 3rd QB by halftime.. lol
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 08:22 PM
<---- 5....
82881, clearly the Lions new gameplan is to assrape offensive lines.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 08:20 PM
82882, I'm saying, they're about to be a major problem
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 08:22 PM

82883, RE: I'm saying, they're about to be a major problem
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Apr-28-11 08:38 PM
Let the beast fuckin begin!!!!!

Go LIONS! :)
82884, omg the lions are about to kill EVERY qb
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:20 PM
82885, Vandenbosch and avril are gonna fuck around and have 20 sacks each
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 08:22 PM

82886, Exactly....Fairley + Suh = WINNING
Posted by ChampD1012, Thu Apr-28-11 09:33 PM
*looks at Carolina schedule*

Of course they play the Lions this year.
82887, Giants don't play em. Thank God
Posted by themaddfapper, Fri Apr-29-11 02:58 AM

I wanted to duck the Lions just cause of Suh. Plus Fairley? Eli never met a brutal shot he couldn't take.
82888, Well, our new offensive coordinator is a QB guru
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Apr-28-11 08:21 PM
Ponder has all the intangibles, good leadership, FUCK SUH AND FAIRLEY ARE GOING TO FINGERCUFF THIS NOODLEARM CUNT TWICE A YEAR.

*looks at Twins score*

*circles NBA Draft lotto on calendar*

*takes another drink and slinks off to finish Sons of Anarchy S2 on Netflix*
82889, GAWD DAMN THE LIONS GONNA REAP!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 08:21 PM
<---- 5....
82890, Suh and Fairley? Well at least the Packers won a SB before these
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 08:21 PM
two Sasquatches joined forces.

82891, Everybody in that division, learn your backup QB's name
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 08:23 PM

82892, The Lions are going to create a lot of Whoo-Ride post this year
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Apr-28-11 08:26 PM

-------------------------------------------------------
"I suck when it comes to Internet forums"
82893, LOL!
Posted by C. Thelonius, Thu Apr-28-11 08:53 PM
82894, Yeah, we gon hafta get A-Rod on that SEC Grits and Gumbo diet...
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:25 PM
He gon be runnin his fuckin ass off those 2 games, lawd.
82895, I'm FedExing A-Rod some protein powder, and I'd bet my life dude
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 08:30 PM
just sent Matthews a text asking him get a hook up with his HGH guy.

82896, buck up them O-Lines.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 08:30 PM
82897, word is STL and Legitt fell in love with one another...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:22 PM
we'll see. They could also use secondary help with Otagwe gone.
82898, we can draft anything but QB and I'm down. We need some
Posted by Instant_Vintage, Thu Apr-28-11 08:24 PM
playmakers on that DEF side of the ball. They played over their heads last season.
82899, are you happy with this, man?
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:40 PM
82900, Lions draft Brother Mouzone
Posted by Kungset, Thu Apr-28-11 08:23 PM
82901, The Lions need to address their secondary and o-line
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Apr-28-11 08:24 PM

with that said.....they're are going to destroy offensive lines.

82902, i like the strategy, though
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:27 PM
with the new rules, cornerbacks are at a disadvantage. get some decent ones, and then just rush the hell out of the passer.
82903, Bad corners can be masked with a vicious front 4.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 08:28 PM

Its all part of the same problem.

And no way Suh lets Fairley get fat and play
lazy. He'll push Fairley to not act like a
fat nigga.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82904, yep. they front 4 is going to be ghastly. (needed a word >>> beastly)
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 08:33 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82905, That shit could be like Philly in the early 90s.
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:40 PM
Everybody they play gon hafta give they backups some practice reps that week.
82906, slow your roll
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:44 PM
82907, I would agree, but Suh is Reggie-esque
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:02 PM
And once-in-a-generation players like that
have ripple effects on a defense.

Niggas wonder why the Ravens D has been consistently
good across coordinators and with wildly different
personnel for OVER a decade.. Its because of Ray Ray.

This is an underrated aspect of defense.

Having to watch the Eagles twice a year,
I will say that the unheralded guy in that
Eagle defense was Seth Joyner. In his prime
he was the best coverage/range linebacker I
ever saw.

The only one I've seen better since is Derrick Brooks
(TB)

Unrelated, though

(C)Keith Murray, "
82908, even if he is, fairely ain't jerome brown
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:51 PM
people forget how good jerome was. he was headed to canton.
82909, He was similar to Fairley coming out of college
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 10:51 PM

Productive but had character issues, as did
everyone on that U team

(C)Keith Murray, "
82910, cosign on Suh motivating Fairley. Reminds me of Ray Ray and Ngata
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 08:33 PM
the knock on Ngata was that he was lazy and unmotivated. that becomes moot when you get drafted by the Ravens.
82911, yep...the Titans front with Haynesworth had niggas...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:34 PM
comparin Pacman Jones to Deion in this bitch.
82912, Ok now shit just got real in the Norris
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Apr-28-11 08:25 PM
I'm officially worried about Detroit
82913, Seriously, that D-Line is SCARY!!!
Posted by SpookyElectric, Thu Apr-28-11 08:28 PM
82914, Jay Cutler just wet his pants
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:26 PM
82915, good lord if the Bears don't fix their line cutler may really die
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:28 PM
82916, Here's an artist mock up of Cutler after he plays the Lions
Posted by Lardlad95, Thu Apr-28-11 08:36 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzWHsdhF6jhs3BhqBKdMC-ym0MNeECKOue2YHA-hpLSrNaYJrX1A&t=1

82917, Two Times! (c) G Money
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:37 PM
82918, RE: Jay Cutler just wet his pants
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Apr-28-11 09:02 PM
Please, Cutler just retired :)
82919, Anyone know anything about Tyron Smith? Good pick by Dallas?
Posted by Pinko_Panther, Thu Apr-28-11 08:29 PM
82920, great...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 08:33 PM
quick, great feet and hands. Athletic as fuck. Kind of a departure from our normal O-lineman. He'll be able to get out and move with the plays alot better. Only pick that woulda made me happier is the CB from Nebraska.
82921, we lost a starting QB along with about 5 games cause of our o-line
Posted by SeV, Thu Apr-28-11 08:39 PM
yes it was a great pick

82922, i'll take it..erything else needs to go toward defense tho..EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Apr-28-11 09:42 PM
DID I SAY EVERYTHING??????
82923, hell yes
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 10:17 PM
<---- 5....
82924, PLEASE TRADE DOWN MIAMI!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 08:30 PM

82925, If he can play like his brother, that's a great pick
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 08:34 PM

82926, yeah, that's the safest pick in the draft
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:40 PM
82927, the Lions, man. i'm so hyped about that shit. ion't even fux w/ the lions
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 08:32 PM
but dayum.

they can have 5'7" CBs. won't matter.

they gonna be breaking shit.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82928, that shit is gonna be CRAZY
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 08:34 PM
82929, and I'm curious to see whether Suh can push Fairley...
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 08:36 PM
to continue working hard
82930, I think was OE was right above
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Apr-28-11 08:38 PM

I think Suh won't give him much of a choice.

82931, i would be a shutdown corner for the lions right now
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:43 PM
i'm pretty sure i can cover any receiver in the NFL for 1.5 seconds.
82932, pretty much man. pretty much.
Posted by veritas, Thu Apr-28-11 10:01 PM
fairley as a #1 pick was pretty scary when that was being tossed around a few months ago, but fairley as a #13? and getting paired with a guy who looks like he could be one of those all-time type players?

gonna be fun to watch (assuming we get to)
82933, so much for the pouncey and pouncey thing
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:35 PM
lot of steeler fans disappointed.
82934, Not me...
Posted by blueeclipse, Thu Apr-28-11 09:53 PM
This was some dumb shit from day one. Mike was gonna go way before he should have cause Maurkice fuckin balled out. There's no way in hell you trade up that far for a fuckin guard. Nothing against Mike Pouncey but if he can't cover wide recievers I don't want no part of giving up any picks to get him so him and his brother can have sleepovers in matching Steeler PJ's.
82935, Dear Skins, please take Ingram so he doesn't go to the Pats. Thanks.
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 08:35 PM
82936, mike lombardi was on bill simmons podcast
Posted by Oakley, Thu Apr-28-11 08:42 PM
Saying pats won't take ingram, cause he isn't much better than Law Firm.
82937, ingram's not that good. if it were richardson, i'd agree
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:43 PM
82938, Richardson is Najeh Davenport. Big, strong, fast, no intangibles.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:04 PM

And "no wiggle." (c) Firebrand

(C)Keith Murray, "
82939, Richardson is a bigger Maurice Jones-Drew.
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 09:33 PM
82940, LOL -- a "bigger" MJD would suck, Will.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:45 PM
Its his low pad level specifically which is
what makes him so good.

I say he's a less elusive Rashard Mendendhall.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82941, Richardson needs work on pad level.
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 10:03 PM
sick balance though, better than Mendenhall. he's also great at pass protection.
82942, friend connected to the Gators says the Pouncey kids couldn't be nicer
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:38 PM
like, shy, humble kids who talk to everyone who talks to them and hold the doors for women. great to hear kids like that succeed.
82943, im on the 2011 lions bandwagon
Posted by electricflower, Thu Apr-28-11 08:39 PM
im a big fan of watching great pass rushes, if teams can't rush on them, qbs second check off will be throwing it out of bounce
82944, who its gonna be? #iggles Fresh Prince or Jimmy Lean?
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 08:41 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82945, man this is breaking nicely for us
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:42 PM
82946, it's breaking nicely for everybody
Posted by theprofessional, Thu Apr-28-11 08:45 PM
there's been more reaches in the top half of this draft than any i can remember.
82947, it sure is. all these reaches, man. and these cats (qb's ) ain't playing
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 08:47 PM
this year.

i'm happy, tho.

oh shit. pats got solder.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82948, spoke too soon. dag.
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:07 PM
82949, a purdue linebacker? yup, go redsk!ns
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 08:42 PM
82950, jordan or ingram, please! or prince.
Posted by thejerseytornado, Thu Apr-28-11 08:42 PM

-----------
I have nothing to contribute here, just complaining.
82951, lol please not Ingram
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 08:46 PM
82952, Please let Carimi fall to GB, PLEASE let Carimi fall to GB....
Posted by DJ Contact, Thu Apr-28-11 08:45 PM
82953, to my Bears! Love having a Badger on the Bears!
Posted by temps2020, Thu Apr-28-11 10:19 PM
82954, eh
Posted by MadDagoNH, Thu Apr-28-11 08:47 PM

kick some ass, Sal

82955, i'll take it
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 08:53 PM
82956, I was talking about Solder
Posted by MadDagoNH, Thu Apr-28-11 09:00 PM
Hopefully he works as well as last year's number one.

kick some ass, Sal

82957, i know, i didnt want yall to draft ingram
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 09:15 PM
82958, at this point, the jets should consider trading up for Bowers or Jordan
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 08:49 PM
82959, reason why the Skins took Kerrigan
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Apr-28-11 08:56 PM
they're tanking 2011 to have a shot at Luck in 2012,
getting the most affordable players possible,
to save for big splashes in the free agent market for 2012
82960, say word
Posted by themaddfapper, Thu Apr-28-11 09:02 PM

oh there's gonna a lot of

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21303846/sn/209029495/name/vlcsnap349097sh6.jpg

and

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51o41PhTi1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

this season.

Webster, Ross, Thomas, Phillips and Nakamura

this pick was made with Maclin, Jackson, and Bryant in mind.

I fucks with it.
82961, fuck. giants took prince. and TB is still drafting ahead of us, and they
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:02 PM
will prolly go CB b/c they have talib wylin out. shit.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82962, this looks like a "fuck u eagles" pick how good is the prince really?
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Thu Apr-28-11 09:02 PM
82963, fuck...I don't wanna see him twice a year matched up with Dez or Miles
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:08 PM
82964, they just showed him droppin mad passes on nfl.com's stream.
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:11 PM
jimmy smith supposedly has better ball skills. (n/h).

we (would) just have to keep him off that purple.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82965, Well-scouted corners rarely bust. Prince was very well-scouted.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:15 PM

And he's African, yes cism-o. He has good values and
immigrant work ethic.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82966, He's Nigerian, so you know money won't phase him
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Apr-28-11 09:38 PM
Now if his picture starts showing up in emails, I'm gonna be suspicious.
82967, he'll play CB, Safety, AND drive the team bus
Posted by effa_mainstream, Fri Apr-29-11 01:02 AM
82968, He'll sell incense in the locker room too.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Apr-29-11 02:04 AM
n/m

(C)Keith Murray, "
82969, Giants stay racial profiling with all their Africans.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:03 PM

Nope! Good families and immigrant work ethic!

Jokes aside, Prince had the best draft family.

Africans had them Adrinka signs up and everything

(C)Keith Murray, "
82970, i told you guys Ponder would be a 1st rounder
Posted by isaaaa, Thu Apr-28-11 09:11 PM
Over a year ago.
82971, ^ very right
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 09:34 PM
I was wrong!
82972, People on here listen/watch too much ESPN & actually never
Posted by isaaaa, Fri Apr-29-11 01:01 PM
seen Ponder play, nor do they realize that MIN needed a qb. Ponder is rated above Dalton & Locker on many draft boards. The only shock so far was Mallet not going in the 1st, but the shock wore off after pick #15.

http://www.formspring.me/MrSabur
Get 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 SALE!!!!
82973, I was also right about Chris Henry (RB 'Zona) in 2007 going early.
Posted by isaaaa, Fri Apr-29-11 01:02 PM
I drafted him on the OKS draft at 29, yall had him going 5th round, he went 50th over all.

http://www.formspring.me/MrSabur
Get 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 SALE!!!!
82974, WHIIIITE!!!!
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:19 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82975, PEYTON HILLIS YOU SELL OUT BITCH!! THEY LOCKIN YOU OUT
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:19 PM
82976, His name is Peyton Hillis. He prolly hates unions, gays, and blacks.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:30 PM

The only way you can be a white running back and
gain 1,000 yards is to dislike black people. Or
at least you have to hate most of them, several hours
a day.

He has to.

I'm only drafting a racist white running back. I want a
running back so racist, he seeks out the darkest defensive
back and tries to run them over.

(C)Keith Murray, "
82977, LOL
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:32 PM
82978, You saw the cowboy boots and the thanking of his Lord and savior
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 09:33 PM
So you're probably onto something.

82979, daaaaaaaaaamn lol.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 09:46 PM

>I'm only drafting a racist white running back. I want a
>running back so racist, he seeks out the darkest defensive
>back and tries to run them over.
>
>
>
82980, LOLLLLLL
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Apr-29-11 08:05 AM
82981, So when does the redhead kid from TCU go?
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:22 PM
82982, I dunno but
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 09:26 PM
He's better than most the QBs already taken.

82983, ^^^^^zackly why I'm wondering
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:27 PM
82984, fucken andy. damn.
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:28 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82985, RE: fucken andy. damn.
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Apr-28-11 09:35 PM
I'm confused by this pick.
82986, I ain't mad. keep vick upright.
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:35 PM
that interior line was wretched.

plus, maybe it means we gettin nmadi
82987, the nigga 26 years old, fam. a 26 yr old ROOKIE? there was mad other
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:38 PM
OLs on the board (who are not 26).

on defense you had bowers, marvin austin, ayers, and jimmy lean smith.

wilkerson from temple. carimi (granted, i didn't want him in the first, either).

this is a complete reach.

this pick reminds me of andy's clock management and all that other bullshit.

*angry noises*.

wtfwtfwtf.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82988, i.e. He can step in and contribute right away.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:41 PM

He'll be around for the rest of Vick's
prime.

Its more than worth a first round pick

(C)Keith Murray, "
82989, i mean, andy has a decent track record with olinemen
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:45 PM
82990, true. it was a definite position of need. again, if mudd is cool w/ it,
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 10:12 PM
i'm cool w/ it.

and vick was getting his ass beat last year. that shit had to stop.

so i love that part of it.

folks were talking up DE and the eagles were VERY defense oriented in last year's draft.

drafting a guard, if jackson doesn't come back from injury, we still got mcglynn at center, who did aight, to be a first year starter under duress last year.

eh.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82991, hmm. i'm still salty. folks say he can start immediately. and to make
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:52 PM
all big-12 after only playing football for 4yrs is damn impressive.

i still think this is a reach. he might have been there by our 2nd round pick. (or within reach enough that we could have moved up to get him with very little ammunition).

i find it hard to believe any other teams had a first round grade on this guy.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82992, I don't see a problem here
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 09:55 PM
Eagles' offensive line had a lot of issues last year and Vick took too many hits. Jean-Gilles is a FA (?) and Watkins is arguably the best interior lineman left on the board.

a lot of teams dislike Jimmy Smith's complacency and some don't even see him as a corner. Bowers must have Andrew Wadsworth's knees to see so many teams pass him. Marvin Austin hasn't played football in a year and wasn't dominate when he did. besides, defensive tackle is the deepest position in this draft; they can swing one later.

Watkins was exactly the kind of "fills a need, but unsexy" pick that Eagles' fans have clamored for for years.
82993, i'm not mad if he's an instant starter and we address CB via FA.
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 10:06 PM
(if not nnamdi, then at least joseph).

this shit was just way left field.

in general, though, i do concede that andy is pretty good w/ linemen.

i will ALSO concede (now that the emo is wearing off) that howard mudd prolly knows OL better than anyone in the league, and andy wouldn't make that pick w/o consulting him, so if mudd is cool w/ it, i'm cool w/ it.

lets get it in FA, though.

we definitely DID need a new RG (i think justice will be aight if healthy, but we need to get someone else, too, there).

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

82994, cism
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:56 PM
82995, I'm cool with the pick...We desperately need interior OL help...
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Thu Apr-28-11 10:16 PM
I expect him to come in and start immediately. I believe he was the highest rated G on the board when he was picked. Could we have traded down and still got him? Possibly, but that's a huge gamble that I doubt the Eagles mngmt were willing to risk.

I'm thinking we'll go after a CB in free agency.

There was one player on board I really would have liked up to pick and that was Akeem Ayers.

But anyway, I'm cool with the pick...
82996, this pretty much solidifies we're gonna trade Kolb for a CB
Posted by Lesson24, Fri Apr-29-11 08:45 AM
Lindley might move to nickel to get him ready
82997, damn. where all the skill position niggas at?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-28-11 09:33 PM
82998, They brought out the Armed Forces to announce a Canadian draftee
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Apr-28-11 09:33 PM
Take that Canada!
82999, what thee entire fuck?????? come on. damn. andy reid. fuck blue collar.
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 09:35 PM
fuck convertible linemen.

they BETTER get nnamdi in FA, man. this shit is crazy.

fuckin firemen.

and they had that lineup of firemen and policemen and all that shit.

lets everybody just jerk off on a uniform right now.

could we draft the flag? or apple pie?

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

83000, ^^supports the terrorists
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 09:36 PM
83001, You post like a losing ass Eagle fan.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 09:38 PM

Convertible offensive lineman are the key.

The Patriots stay with versatile, smart o-lineman

The Denver teams with Terrell Davis had fast versatile
lineman.

(C)Keith Murray, "
83002, yes, Lord...and I think Dallas just got one tonight...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:42 PM
or so I hope.
83003, NE doesn't reach for players. and denver drafted OL in late rounds,
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 10:01 PM
5, 6th and 7th round jokers, because those guys (light in the ass and athletic) were undervalued by the vast majority of teams but fit in well w/ the zone blocking, one cut scheme.

and when denver's OL guru went to ATL (w/ vick) and they put it in, it was bananas, however, the same OL coach responsible for terrell davis and all of them absolutely ignored the passing game (except PA) and those light in the ass linemen don't fare well against a bull rush in the dropback game.

andy's OL philosophy is much different. he likes convertible linemen, but he prefers big, hulking dudes. his philosophy for OL is almost 180 degrees from what you were talking about.

i know what i'm talking 'bout.

can't be any other teams besides philly that had a 1st round grade on this cat. it was a reach. and that's why i'm pissed.

>
>Convertible offensive lineman are the key.
>
>The Patriots stay with versatile, smart o-lineman

pats took solder who was one of the consensus top 3 OL on most ppl's boards, at 17. (they passed up carimi and castonzo to do that, and smith was already gone).

>The Denver teams with Terrell Davis had fast versatile
>lineman.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

83004, ^^ETHER^^
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Apr-28-11 11:22 PM
83005, buddy gonna be a bust
Posted by kayru99, Thu Apr-28-11 09:39 PM
83006, Does Marshall Faulk have failing kidneys or something?
Posted by The Real, Thu Apr-28-11 09:40 PM

83007, Does Seattle go Andy Dalton....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 09:44 PM
or stick with the Whitehurst Experiment?
83008, WTH...
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Apr-28-11 09:59 PM
You can pass?!
83009, I'd love to see Marvin Austin go tonight
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 10:03 PM
83010, yeah, i hope he does. (either that or slip to the eagles).
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 10:13 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

83011, Chiefs got Bo and Baldwin on the outside for some years, yo
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 10:04 PM
83012, FUCK YOU CINCINNATI. Dammit.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Apr-28-11 10:04 PM
Robbed me of my one chance to be an ass with the locals.
83013, solid pick for the Chiefs.
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 10:05 PM
83014, Fuck, Bowers might actually fall to the Jets (no-jinx-o)
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:06 PM
83015, GO RAVENS!!
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Apr-28-11 10:07 PM
83016, BYE Reggie!!!!
Posted by Ray_Snill, Thu Apr-28-11 10:10 PM

<================================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20787335@N08
83017, RE: BYE Reggie!!!!
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Apr-28-11 10:13 PM
Good pick. FLINTTOWN!! :)
83018, New Orleans' is going smash mouth. Nasty.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 10:11 PM

Too many turnovers in the offense the way
it was.

Now they have a dope TE, possession receivers
and two powerful running backs

(C)Keith Murray, "
83019, they should convert reggie to the slot. he could make a huge
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 10:14 PM
impact there man.
83020, ok i'm rooting for mark ingram
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 10:15 PM
83021, WOW. FUCK ESPN for that. WOW. DISGUSTING. n/m
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Apr-28-11 10:16 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
83022, ? I'm watching NFL Network nm
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 10:19 PM
83023, Ingram Sr. sent Suzy Kolber an email for her to read to his son
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:22 PM
which made him cry on camera and talk about how important his dad is... it was emotional but very exploitative
83024, *shrug* i thought it was a very heartwarming moment
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Apr-29-11 02:23 AM
83025, His dad is in PRISON and it obviously kills his son.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Apr-29-11 09:28 AM

That's personal shit. Don't put that in front
of the world.

Its is pure exploitation.

(C)Keith Murray, "
83026, *googles aldon smith*
Posted by bruceLeroy, Thu Apr-28-11 10:17 PM
83027, learn yourself
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 10:21 PM
83028, That Ingram thing was powerful, but seemed exploitative
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:18 PM
83029, What'd they do? Not watching.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Apr-28-11 10:21 PM
83030, #362
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:28 PM
83031, Ingram to New Orleans.... holy fuck!
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 10:18 PM
<---- 5....
83032, WE WANT BOW-ERS! *clap clap clapclapclap*
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:20 PM
83033, RE: WE WANT BOW-ERS! *clap clap clapclapclap*
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 10:23 PM
83034, *sigh* I'll take it, the kid seems okay, but I wanted Bowers
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:25 PM
83035, hey if he can rush the passer i'm perfectly fine with it.
Posted by V3rb, Thu Apr-28-11 10:27 PM
83036, RE: *sigh* I'll take it, the kid seems okay, but I wanted Bowers
Posted by adam, Thu Apr-28-11 10:28 PM
I did as well, but I'm quite excited with this pick too. Any help pressuring the quarterback will be an upgrade.
83037, tough passin on bowers, but everyone did... look at the size of mw
Posted by rjc27, Fri Apr-29-11 07:52 AM
guys like this usually go top 10 on size alone with that kind of ability, will definitely step in and help right away... im excited about this pick...

if bowers ends up a beast it will hurt, but after the gholston pick i think another pass rush risk (and those knees are an insane risk and obviously the whole league agrees) let's go this beast in the middle!
83038, i want to rip my own face off @ the Seahawks pick.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Apr-28-11 10:23 PM
83039, Who'd you want instead? QB? The corner from Colorado?
Posted by jigga, Fri Apr-29-11 10:28 AM
I don't know much about James Carpenter but I do know the OL was a major problem last year.
83040, Jets said fuck it.. we'll win every game 6-3... lol
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Apr-28-11 10:25 PM
<---- 5....
83041, yo the Jets just got BLACK
Posted by bshelly, Thu Apr-28-11 10:26 PM
83042, er
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-28-11 10:29 PM
83043, surprised Pittsburgh didn't address their secondary
Posted by d., Thu Apr-28-11 10:30 PM
the DE from Ohio St. seems like a nasty guy who will fit the Steelers' style, but still

now, I'm wondering where Aaron Williams goes
83044, he seemed to disappear in games a lot more than a supposedly
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Apr-28-11 10:32 PM
dominant DE should, i dunno why that wouldn't continue to happen at the next level, but maybe coaching is the difference.

we'll see.

83045, me too-- our cornerback need is at defcon 1
Posted by theprofessional, Fri Apr-29-11 01:57 AM
obviously they don't think brandon harris or aaron williams are 1st round values, in which case i appreciate them not reaching. HOWEVER, cornerback is the #1 and #2 need on the roster right now, followed by offensive line. if we lose ike taylor in free agency, our starting CBs would be bryant mcfadden and william gay, and our nickel and dime defenses would be a joke.

i like the heyward pick, but it makes two things obvious: 1) they better be right on him (likewise, the CBs they passed on better not get good); and 2) they've painted themselves into a corner and now absolutely HAVE TO draft a CB with their 2nd round pick. even if the best guy on the board is a late third round value, oh, well. that's what happens when you ignore the position for this long.
83046, the Bears just got a STEAL
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Apr-28-11 10:37 PM
83047, yes.
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 10:42 PM
*wipes tears*
83048, Yep...we woulda ran up there to take him if he fell to GB.
Posted by DJ Contact, Fri Apr-29-11 06:01 AM
83049, The Panthers should have traded that pick.
Posted by Expertise, Thu Apr-28-11 10:42 PM
The Titans drafted Jake Locker, who was as late as yesterday thought to drop into the 3rd round.

They would have given an arm and a leg to the Panthers. We coulda got Vince, and their 1st, 2nd, and possibly their 3rd round picks.

That would have helped the team out immediately. QB consistency was a problem with the team, but it wasn't the only problem. We could have picked up Gabbert for less money, possibly strengthened that O line with Smith, or even picked up Fairley anyway and made that run D a force to be reckoned with.

Then you'd have other picks to address other issues, because Marty Hurney already fucked up 2nd round picks in past drafts so we don't even have one this year. That's why that fool should have been fired long before John Fox was.

But we'll see if Cam does anything. I'm not getting my hopes up.

83050, damn. y'all don't got a 2nd? i hope y'all got a good OC that's gonna
Posted by poetx, Thu Apr-28-11 10:52 PM
be able to put dude in some good situations.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

83051, Nope...New England Patriots has our 33rd pick...for...
Posted by ChampD1012, Fri Apr-29-11 01:20 AM
Armanti Edwards...

Carolina didn't have any offers for a trade. I wish the Falcons would have traded with us. For what they gave up for the 6th pick?

83052, I agree, but there is one problem.
Posted by Servo, Fri Apr-29-11 07:40 AM
No one was looking to trade.

Cam is a gamble and it's almost refreshing that the organization is finally done being conservative, but I'm not sold on the guy.

I wish we still had our second round pick so we could grab Bowers. I know there are injury concerns, but I think teams are going to be sorry for passing on him.
83053, How do you know?
Posted by Expertise, Fri Apr-29-11 03:54 PM
If Atlanta gave up an arm and a leg for #6, you don't believe they'd do the same for #1?

And they didn't have to get Cam; there were a vast number of guys that could have been legit #1 picks.
83054, randoms:
Posted by will_5198, Thu Apr-28-11 10:54 PM
Julio Jones is a great player aside from the 16+ drops he'll have every season, but absolutely not worth two first rounders, a second and two fourths. when Cleveland (of all teams) takes you on a date rape, that’s saying something.

Aldon Smith is one of my favorites this year -- his unblockable swim move, frame and athleticism are what scouts get hard-ons about -- but I liked him a lot better in a 4-3. he *can* hold the edge in the run game and he gives teams Justin Tuck versatility if you slide him inside on passing downs. his uniqueness is wasted at outside linebacker.

Nate Solder to New England was hilarious! I see why they made the pick, but his issues with fundamental pass protection are hard to ignore. he hardly plays as well as he should, and the Patriots had so many better options in my opinion: Cameron Jordan (a great 3-4 end), Prince Amukamara* (him and McCourty for the next six years, wow!) or even Mark Ingram. I was still laughing until the Colts picked...

...at which point I started crying. an hour later, I started to run scenarios where Anthony Castonzo doesn't suck for the Colts. um, the only one I could come up with is that he slides Charlie Johnson back to guard and improves two positions, but only moderately. Indy's biggest problem the last few years was an inability to convert 3rd and 2 downs on the ground -- so considering Castonzo wasn't even a great run blocker in the ACC, problem totally not solved!

Jimmy Smith landed in a good place. playing defense is at the heart of that team, and the veterans will let him know he's not the best corner in the universe. plus Baltimore is vested, because they really need help at defensive back.

*I'm glad that Gruden pointed out how Amukamara would get called for illegal contact on every down in the NFL (at least somebody read my draft thread). that and his mediocre ball skills probably kept him out of the top ten, but still a great value for the Giants.
83055, Jimmy Smith = Chris McCalister 2.0
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Apr-29-11 12:19 AM

Freakish height. Good athlete. Total asshole. Character issues.
Well-behaved and pro bowl level when he got around Ray-Ray and
Rod Woodson (it'll be Ed Reed now, which is at least as good
for a young, dumb nigga)

>Julio Jones is a great player aside from the 16+ drops he'll
>have every season, but absolutely not worth two first
>rounders, a second and two fourths. when Cleveland (of all
>teams) takes you on a date rape, that’s saying something.

Julio has the body control, physical nastiness, and
toughness...he just been lazy...he'll get that beat
out of him in the NFL and I suspect he'll be the better
receiver

I just fear AJ won't be able to get separation. I realize

>Jimmy Smith landed in a good place. playing defense is at the
>heart of that team, and the veterans will let him know he's
>not the best corner in the universe. plus Baltimore is vested,
>because they really need help at defensive back.

Ray Ray and them got Zbikowski as a decent Nikel Back
and return man. He's a better boxing prospect than
football prospect, so if that can squeeze decency out
of him, they'll get Jimmy Smith to starting level, at
least, soon

>*I'm glad that Gruden pointed out how Amukamara would get
>called for illegal contact on every down in the NFL (at least
>somebody read my draft thread). that and his mediocre ball
>skills probably kept him out of the top ten, but still a great
>value for the Giants.

Yeah, you did say that.

(C)Keith Murray, "
83056, RE: Jimmy Smith = Chris McCalister 2.0
Posted by Beezo, Fri Apr-29-11 05:24 AM
>
>Freakish height. Good athlete. Total asshole. Character
>issues.
>Well-behaved and pro bowl level when he got around Ray-Ray
>and
>Rod Woodson (it'll be Ed Reed now, which is at least as good
>for a young, dumb nigga)

YUp to all of that
83057, Will, please tell me why I should be excited about Cory Liuget
Posted by calij81, Fri Apr-29-11 12:57 AM
Once I saw the Pats had passed on Cameron Jordan I was getting really excited that AJ might actually pick him, only to see him pick a DL from a defense that gave up 67 points to Michigan.

Now part of me wanting Jordan was a bit homerism, however, I would have even been excited with Gabe Carimi or Prince.

I didn't see too many Illini games so maybe I am wrong about the kid. I hope?

83058, I actually like him.
Posted by will_5198, Fri Apr-29-11 01:17 AM
he plays violently -- great burst, strong at the point. needs better technique, but beating the shit out of linemen with his hands worked pretty well last season. and he fits well as a DE in the Chargers' one-gap 34.

Carimi would've been nice though (as you know I'm one of his biggest fans).
83059, castonzo wont suck
Posted by effa_mainstream, Fri Apr-29-11 01:21 AM
and its going to suck watching prince get used to the nfl rules(for giant fans) as for the ball skills im not too worried.

i'll take PBUs of completions.
83060, Will, about the Giants
Posted by themaddfapper, Fri Apr-29-11 02:35 AM

>*I'm glad that Gruden pointed out how Amukamara would get
>called for illegal contact on every down in the NFL (at least
>somebody read my draft thread). that and his mediocre ball
>skills probably kept him out of the top ten, but still a great
>value for the Giants.

it's the perfect pick with 4 games w/ Philly and Dallas, also Green Bay, New England, New Orleans and the Jets. We'll need all the depth we can get there.

Where do we get an impact linebacker, and of course a good offensive lineman (our's got old. They got Tiki to 1800 yards and he retired and came back) between 52, 83, and 117?

83061, I kind of hope we trade up for akeem ayers
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Fri Apr-29-11 08:45 AM
83062, fuck ayers. sit tight and pick mason foster
Posted by Effa, Fri Apr-29-11 11:04 AM
its such a giants type pick it.

we fuckin drafted philip dillard lol
83063, Scarnecchia loves that type of offensive lineman
Posted by thejerseytornado, Fri Apr-29-11 10:41 AM
>Nate Solder to New England was hilarious! I see why they made
>the pick, but his issues with fundamental pass protection are
>hard to ignore. he hardly plays as well as he should, and the
>Patriots had so many better options in my opinion: Cameron
>Jordan (a great 3-4 end), Prince Amukamara* (him and McCourty
>for the next six years, wow!) or even Mark Ingram. I was still
>laughing until the Colts picked...

i think you're hating in part because it's the pats and you knew i'd respond:)

The Pats have Leigh Bodden returning from injury to pair with McCourty. The Pats also have Ty Warren retuning from injury to play 3-4 end as well as Mike Wright. I'm ok with not taking either of those positions--they're pretty well stocked for the next couple of years (and Ron Brace was starting to not suck as well last year. high praise, i know). The OLB spot is the bigger need, not the 3-4 end.

I wanted Jordan. But the Solder pick is smart. The pass protection problems are based, imo--and likely the pats' opinion--on being a TE to OT convert and being 6'8. Vollmer's 6'7 and a relatively new football player and the pats have him as a core player on the line already. Same thing with Solder. I trust scarnecchia to work his magic again. I cannot overemphasize how much matt light was a weakness last season.

the pats' only UFA has now been replaced. Every pick from here on out is gravy.

-----------
I have nothing to contribute here, just complaining.
83064, That was a good fuck. *tosses Falcons a towel*
Posted by Kira, Thu Apr-28-11 11:18 PM
We got two 1st round picks, a second and two fourth round picks for the number 6 pick in the draft.

83065, y'all see Reggie Bush's tweet?
Posted by PROMO, Thu Apr-28-11 11:22 PM
"Its been fun New Orleans"
83066, Really hope the Bucs trade up to get Bowers in the 2nd round.
Posted by soulsupreme, Thu Apr-28-11 11:42 PM
I'm happy with the Adrian Clayborn pick at #20. But based on New Orleans getting Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram we gotta do something.

"This is your world. Shape it or someone else will." - Gary Lew
83067, Heyward to the Steelers? *thumbs up*
Posted by guru0509, Fri Apr-29-11 06:43 AM

ॐ शांति
83068, i cant believe they got him...
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Apr-29-11 07:53 AM
83069, Maybe Lamar Woodley can make him into a real NFL player..
Posted by LegacyNS, Fri Apr-29-11 09:19 AM
<---- 5....
83070, like Buckeye Hall Of Famer Dick LeBeau did with LaMarr Woodley?
Posted by guru0509, Fri Apr-29-11 01:10 PM
lol...your snark failed.

Denard is still trash.

Michigan wont go .500.

Cry.

83071, lotta teams be fucking up... lotta teams gon be pickin top 10 again nxt yr
Posted by rjc27, Fri Apr-29-11 08:05 AM
while the rich get richer...

Carolina just had the worst back to back draft run in nfl history...
Think about it... the take Jimmy Clausen in the second round then trade it's 2011 2nd round pick to go up and get Armanti Edwards (a college qb) then take Tony Pike in round 6, let Clausen play with the worst offense in the league hands down in the leagues toughest division, enter the offseason with more holes then anyone in the league and draft a qb project 1 overall with no 2nd round pick! LOL that is an EPIC FAIL and will cripple them for 10 years while TB, ATL, and NO steady make great moves... How bout you sign Vince Young to a 1 year deal, start him see if he runs with the job or if he fails see how Clausen develops behind him, trade back and stock up linemen, u dumb fucks.

The Bengals, first of all even IF you convince Carson Palmer to stay HE FUCKING SUCKS AT QB! Jerome Simpson lit it up late last season, you have Shipley and Gresham, and no qb, so let's draft another fucking wide receiver! LOL FAIL. T.O. went ham last year and where did that get cinncy? His #'s last year are Green's absolute ceiling this season.

Vikings, SF and Titans, no words... Why is Christian Ponder going to be better then Joe Webb? Or even Tarvar? Start Webb and give the ball to AP and Harvin you idiot serial rapist Childress... Kiper's absolute upside for Ponder was Pennington and I'll tell u right now no way will he be as good as Pennington. The Titans I can live with a qb pick, but trade back, take Mallet or Dalton. SF had better options as well.

oh, and fuck philly for letting the ravens steal Jimmy Smith who's gonna be a beast in b'more! It's funny how the good teams all got better last night for 2011... Also love the Lions pick and they had to do it, but it's another year to start waiver wire qbs and wr's vs the Lions in fantasy football because their 2ndary will continue to get lit up on the 75% of plays that that insane d-line doesnt get to the qb

www.twitter.com/spathegod
83072, Tarvar's gone and so is Chilly
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Apr-29-11 08:23 AM
Otherwise I agree with you on the Vikes. Fairley was RIGHT THERE and Pat Williams 137 years old and needs to be replaced.
83073, u don't think Chilly was behind this pick?
Posted by rjc27, Fri Apr-29-11 08:42 AM
83074, He doesn't work for the team in any capacity, not sure how he could
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Apr-29-11 08:45 AM
have made the pick
83075, theres my nfl lock-out brain, i forgot they canned his ass
Posted by rjc27, Fri Apr-29-11 08:48 AM
damn too early to be writing non thought out rants lol!

www.twitter.com/spathegod
83076, I'm convinced none of the '11 QBs will be good.
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Apr-29-11 09:02 AM
83077, Gabbert will be
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Apr-29-11 09:30 AM
Maybe Mallett, Dalton could be okay too.

Cam on a team that isn't Carolina might be, I don't know about him on the Panthers though.

AND OF COURSE CHRISTIAN PONDER WILL BE A 5 TIME MVP. If I say it loud enough and often enough, it becomes true.
83078, I'm really hopeful for Gabbert mostly because he'll have time.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Apr-29-11 10:39 AM
He might even be able to spend his whole first year on the bench behind Dave, learning. It's not a Cam Newton situation in which he'll be expected to lead an anemic offense immediately.
83079, i'm convinced the ones who will be most productive are still on the
Posted by veritas, Fri Apr-29-11 10:59 AM
board
83080, if locker isn't forced to start early
Posted by Effa, Fri Apr-29-11 11:28 AM
i think he's got a shot at being good. mainly because of Chris Palmer coaching him up.

his mistake was not being all world last season.

cam will make highlight reels on a 3 win panthers team.

gabbert is a future development.

ponder, god bless his soul....

for whatever reason i like Dalton but i also liked brodie croyle lol
83081, Bengals are dumb, plain and simple.
Posted by phenompyrus, Fri Apr-29-11 09:43 AM
A WR should never, under any circumstance, be picked in the top 5 much less the top 10.

Atlanta offered a trade to them that would have been 3 picks this year and 2 next year in the top 3 rounds a piece? AND THEY PASSED FOR A WR???

Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, who the *$#!@ is going to throw the ball this year?
83082, You know AJ Green is hatin' it...
Posted by Frank Mackey, Fri Apr-29-11 10:36 AM
Especially after he found out ATL's attempt to trade with the Bengals fell through at the last minute.
83083, One pick in and this is the best Skins draft since Lavar/Samuels
Posted by Tiger Woods, Fri Apr-29-11 02:15 PM
83084, Watkins!!! 1st Canadian 1st round pick since 1986! FUCKIN EH!
Posted by PG, Fri Apr-29-11 02:22 PM
83085, Heres to hoping Casey is at least 80% of Clay.
Posted by Lesson24, Sat Apr-30-11 12:58 PM