Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjecti sure did...i was beggin for certain TYPES of brothas, was i?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=81098&mesg_id=81563
81563, i sure did...i was beggin for certain TYPES of brothas, was i?
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Mar-19-11 02:59 PM
>to go to Duke over the years..
>
>
>
>YOUR credibility on this issue is shot. YOU were saying what
>Jalen Rose said

jimmy said that players who go to duke are sellouts and jalen nodded in agreement. i do not agree with them. jalen said duke recruits black kids only from a particular socio-econoic background...not true.

how do i agree with jalen? how were we saying the same thing. you think jalen wanted duke to recruit to black kids when we were losing like fuck without 'em? what duke hater wanted us to land nolan and watch him completely change the direction of this program with his big nigga nose and DC URREA swag? not jalen, NIGGA! you mad as fuck, doggie.

>and let me add this.... Coach K is a great coach...I've never
>doubted that at all. But when Duke was coming up short....a
>lot of the blame was HIS because of the type of player he was
>recruiting...

yeah, shitty athletes. black and white SHITTY athletes. and the ones that weren't shitty athletes had wack b-ball IQs (DEMARCUS NELSON).

>But if Coach K can't take these urban ghetto kids into his
>program and turn them INTO a Grant Hill from a character
>standpoint, that's on HIM...

no, it's not. not if they decide to not come to duke. if he offers and they don't come, that's on them.

Seems to me that their program
>takes that easier safer route by not trying to "save" those
>kids,

which coaches try to SAVE "those kids" in SIGNIFICANT numbers, kani customer? it's not enough to "save" johnny dawkins, carrawell, dockery? i'm uncomfortable with the idea that he's SAVING kids in the ghetto. they're good kids with talent. no one needs to "save" them.

<because they have an culturated belief that it's not a
>winning propostion.....
>
>The coach that can take those ghetto kids and win and make
>them upstanding citizens is a more relevent coach today than
>one who doesn't have or take the opportunity to do that.

yeah, man, i admire john thompson more than all these muhfuckas. too bad he's not coaching today, when most of the elite coaches are not taking chances on ghetto ass kids.