Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectand I thought Bomani was better than being a Duke-hating fraud
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=81098&mesg_id=81531
81531, and I thought Bomani was better than being a Duke-hating fraud
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Mar-20-11 08:11 AM
I listened to his whole show on the issue and he sounded like he's been waiting a long ass time to say something negative about Grant Hill, as were a lot of people.

He even lied and said Elliot Williams left Duke because he didn't "fit in." Elliot Williams left Duke because his Moms was extremely ill and it looked like she was going to die. That's why K had no problem with him leaving and that's why the NCAA gave him a special waiver to transfer without missing a year. Elliot was heartbroken for having to leave Duke, so for Bomani to use him an as a case study to bolster a false narrative just confirmed my suspicions: he's a fraud ass nigga who can't think straight when it comes to Duke. And if you listened to that show you know I'm not lying. I'm being real here. If I thought he had a point, I'd say so. The nigga wrong. Dudes who think like him are wrong.

Nigga even lied and said K publicly stated that he prefers recruiting kids from two-parent households. K ain't never said that shit, so why do you think it's okay for Bomani just to perpetuate fucking lies? Oh, because "We all know what Duke does" or some completely meaningless variation thereof? No, I DON'T know what Duke does. Not when I KNOW Tyler Thornton's fam and I KNOW he ain't "affluent" and I KNOW he ain't a sellout.

I hope we take this shit again so bad now. I was jive cool with getting the joint last year and chillin' for a few years. Now, I'm gonna be a complete dick and shit on everybody for real.

I ain't mad at you or whatever. I just get tired of this same ol' debate about Duke. I never impune the recruiting strategies of any other teams, so I find it distasteful when people suggest that K is basically engaging in social engineering and that all these niggas that went to Duke and that are going to Duke are aware of it and are cool with it.

It's bullshit and I expect better of a LOT of people who believe that shit...like, close friends and family even. Shit is wack and born outta anger, which I don't discount because sports makes people angry as fuck.