Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWhat's worse is that Jalen pre-emptively apologized...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=81098&mesg_id=81217
81217, What's worse is that Jalen pre-emptively apologized...
Posted by BLACK_ADAM, Wed Mar-16-11 02:25 PM
...I would imagine, in hopes of Grant and his ilk seeing his comments for what they were...

...a (then)kid expressing frustration at not being considered as a top prospect and having suspicions that his upbringing was being judged as crippling to his character...and as an unworthy castoff..

Last I heard....some athletes play better with a chip on their shoulder. Jalen clearly explained his hatred of Duke...particularly as a Wolverine player, as irrational (and necessary for his psyche at the time...)

...I mean isn't that a pervasive problem for most kids growing up in a single parent household???!?!? Feelings of inadequacy?!? Chip on shoulder? Scrappy?!? Overcompensating????

...especially a single parent household where he didn't even know who/where his father was??!??!?

Jalen already *ADMITTED* he was jealous and expressed his feelings of inadequacy...

Grant's response is classless at best and a pile on... "I had a Daddy!!! Nanny-Nanny Boo Boo!!!"

"Good Grammar-ed Bitchassness" at it finest! Way to go Grant!!!

"Inspectah Deck, he's like...he's like that dude thatta sit back and watch you play yourself and all that right? And see you sit there and know you lyin; and he'll take you to court after that, cuz he the Inspectah."