Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectbtw, this is my Dirk 1st round story:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=79179&mesg_id=79842
79842, btw, this is my Dirk 1st round story:
Posted by celery77, Sun Jun-12-11 09:52 PM
wasn't me (shoulda been me, but I was staying somewhere else the night before) but my buddy was riding to work in the morning, ~7:15ish, probably for game 3 I'd guess, and he said he was coming down the waterfront on the river and saw a big, tall gangly dude walking along (at this hour, it's generally 90% bike commuters, 5% early morning fitness joggers, and 5% homeless people waking up before the cops clear them out) and he realized as he passed them that it was Dirk Nowitzki taking an early morning stroll along the river, said he was dressed up in athletic gear just like you would expect a dude like Dirk, who probably feels uncomfortable in ANYTHING besides athletic gear.

that's all, that's the whole story, but I seriously thought to myself a dude waking up early just to stroll through an opposing city -- that's a veteran at peace with himself, and I knew he was going to put a dent in this postseason.

so probably nothing, but it struck me -- prolly the first and last pro baller that will ever stroll my commute on game day.