Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: DUIs, fights, and weed do not equal free cars and 3 Gs cash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=77931&mesg_id=78059
78059, RE: DUIs, fights, and weed do not equal free cars and 3 Gs cash
Posted by numark216, Wed Mar-09-11 01:13 PM
DUI's fights and weed are more socially acceptable than side compensation for being an elite member of a small group? Ok, so you aren't playing stupid you just have an interesting moral compass.

You're right that there's a pay for play system for some student-athletes. You're wrong in acting as if your campus is free of it or that it's really wrong on a micro level. (There are issues with competitive balance and corruption on a larger level)

Also, yes, I never claimed OSU didn't do it big, there's a reason why the program is in the top 5-10 every year. The amount you're willing to look past to keep 5* recruits flowing is fairly commiserate with the success of your program. JT just needed some classes on email etiquette and technology. Think Saban, Meyer, or even Kiffin is getting caught on the email? NOPE

What happens at OSU happens at every school you watched play From January 1 on. I mean, if you're mad that your school is wack in football, get on our level and get better boosters.

I'll take BCS games and illegal cash flow over 8 wins and stupid weedcarriers and social rabble rousing 10 times out of 10