Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectDUIs, fights, and weed do not equal free cars and 3 Gs cash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=77931&mesg_id=78058
78058, DUIs, fights, and weed do not equal free cars and 3 Gs cash
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-09-11 01:02 PM
that's normal college kid shit. you never heard me say shit about that anywhere. you'd love to be able to compare apples to oranges, but it won't fly. raising hell is one thing, and i think there's a limit to what programs can do to control that. pay-for-play schemes are the easiest things in the world to spot and sniff out. Yahoo does it with a twelve person staff. if that shit happens at the level it does at ohio state, it's because the program wants it to happen.

hell, after the initial bout of glee, i even defended the Ohio State players pre Sugar Bowl. you should be able to sell your shit. but the AJ Hawk shit, the free cars, and all the rest of that is endemic of a pay for play system. i will agree that this exists at most BCS schools. it may even exist at Penn State and Michigan, but the series of violations y'all have wracked up shows that you do it far more and to a far greater extent than not just those two schools but most of em.