Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMichael Jackson is probably the most famous person on earth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=75832&mesg_id=76015
76015, Michael Jackson is probably the most famous person on earth
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Wed Jul-08-09 05:48 PM
>no disrespect to the dead. the media coverage of mj and
>people's reaction to it says something pretty awful about our
>society. now, you juxtapose that with how awful they're being
>to mcnair, and it gets me angry all over again.

so how are you juxtaposing anything comparing him to Steve McNair.

and I will also say that your summation of how these 2 are being treated is completely off base. Michael Jackson and his family is being raveged by Fox News, sports talk radio, by members of congress, and various others who are being placed on other media outlets for balacing purposes ie. Gloria Alred.

For you to say Mike is getting a media pass is totally outrageous.

He's getting love from people because he is the most famous and successful entertainers in history and trailblazed the concept of worldwide notarity and success. He's known and loved all over planet earth.

Where is Steve McNair being dissed?? The sentiment I'm getting is one of this was a good guy who was doing something pretty bad, and it literally blew up in his face. I see people having a lot of sympathy for his family.

I honestly think you are fabricating this difference in treatment to further diss Michael Jackson, and to show people that you feel your opinion on him is more valuable than theirs.