Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectObjective thinking
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=66702&mesg_id=67146
67146, Objective thinking
Posted by blue23, Mon Apr-05-10 08:30 AM
Eagles:
- Philly made up their mind they were ready to move on and needed to get value for 5 while taking his future/feeling into consideration. Trading within the division is risky and generally a bad idea but the Skins were the only team that wasn't a death sentence and gave them what they want.
- Everyone loves the backup until he's the starter. From what I've see Kolb can play but he just inherited Donovan's 5 ton anchor around his neck = HOLD THAT!!!!
- Through this whole thing I haven't heard a word about Vick. It's a minor component but if Kolb shits the bed the Eagles still have MIKE VICK to step in. That's a pretty good insurance policy in my eyes.

Redskins:
- One thing I can say with confidence is that this team got better overnight. McNabb is a clear upgrade over Campbell and with Shanahan there he will make this work.
- Campbell now becomes draft picks or salary relief
- They can now use the #4 for something alot less risky than Jimmy fucking Clausen.

I think the W is for the Redskins but the Eagles could make good use of the those picks and if Kolb plays well they look real smart. Like everyone else I can't wait to see how this plays out.