Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: A.I IS IN TOP 3 ALL-TIME, maybe the GOAT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=5515&mesg_id=5630
5630, RE: A.I IS IN TOP 3 ALL-TIME, maybe the GOAT
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Nov-03-03 02:28 PM
yeah there isnt reason he shouldnt play the point, he is the best fucking scorer in the league.

and if he doesnt make his teammates better, how come these sorry ass teams keep winning? yeah, the D is good at times but he contributes at that end and offensively they have been horrible his whole career. Whoever said that Deke was the anchor of their EC champ team is full of shit on that, Ratliff was there for a lotta the year (when they were winning more) and Deke was not at his best at any point, then the next year he KILLED us against the Cs. At that point, I knew he was done and surprise, surprise, he has sucked ever since. He was a warrior playing through injuries and other problems that year, but he just doesnt have it physically the way he once did.

AI makes his teammates way better at the offensive end, he creates for them by driving and is an expert passer in addition to drawing defenders so even when he cant finish, which he is as good as anyone whos even played the game below the rim, his team gets uncontested O-Res and putbacks.