Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWhat does Republicanism have to do with accountability?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=54540&mesg_id=54760
54760, What does Republicanism have to do with accountability?
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jun-26-07 11:09 PM
the only thing we know about this dude truthfully is that he was a wrestler, he had a reportedly very rocky marriage, he obviously was deeply troubled, and that he murdered his own family and then killed himself so he didn't have to live with his horrific actions while everyone in his/their wake now has to spend a lot of time confused about how all this happened.

There's plenty of shit you could say about wrestling being a dirty sport, Vince McMahon displaying gross negligence, and everything else. That's another post and you're more than welcome to make it.

This man was a piece of shit. I'm not usually a reactionary, judgemental person but this is a rare case in which I find nothing redeeming about this guy nor any profession or drug you can blame his actions on.

When people commit a crime this horrific then do themselves (like the VTech kid) there ends up being a lot of finger-pointing and Monday Morning Quarterbacking about what should have been done......but the bottom line is most functional humans who are not in that person's shoes could never truly fathom the capabilities of someone this disturbed.

And I disagree with piggybacking off this guy's maliciousness to make a political point on an organization.

There's a litany of issues actually directly related to wrestling that you could use to champion that cause rather than act like this is a wakeup call to anything other than the disgusting things that a sick human being is capable.