Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: and you guys are defensive and delusional
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=54540&mesg_id=54757
54757, RE: and you guys are defensive and delusional
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Jun-27-07 10:34 PM
> that means enough drug
>testing so that people have done everything possible to
>eliminate performance enhancers in the sport

if the WWE is footing the bill, then thats fine by me....

>establishing
>some sort of reasonable work schedule that keeps them from the
>insane hours they currently work, limiting the types of bumps
>these guys can take, et cetera.

fair enough....although i dont see how it would have prevented this or prevent the next sick fuck to go off the deep end....at least in the context of this tragedy, youre just trying to make some sort of public display that will make people sleep better at night that crazy roided up wrestlers wont come after them with a butcher knife....

> i think it
>is important enough that the feds need to step in and clean up
>an industry that has been dirty as hell since its beginning.

I just dont feel like any more than 10 seconds of the DEA's time should be wasted on this garbage....if theres a criminal issue, then shut it down.

testing in general is a joke and if its left up to the WWE to do it via private means than it will be even more of a joke. constant monitoring by the Feds seems like a massive waste to me.

> obviously, the cost of a decent system of monitoring
>falls on the wwe.

a *fairly* dilligent testing system would be more than the WWE could afford....

>
>it's cool you like wrestling,

LOL, you must have me confused with someone else. i would say I hate wrestling, but I dont even acknowledge its existence enough to qualify any sort of emotion towards it. its for hicks and homo's as far as im concerned....no offense to anyone here :-).

>but think about how silly that
>sounds.

on one hand we have a grown ass man making a decision to live life hard and abuse chemicals and basically die for his occupation, that's his choice and i dont really give a shit....nor do i feel the need for the governement to intervene any moreso than i feel they should step in and regulate any other group of dipshits that decide to abuse their bodies via drugs, alcohol or whatever.

this benoit situatino is a separate, isolated incident. i dont think its fair to put it in the same category as someone having a heart attack.

>>and you want to regulate bodybuilding too? LOL. what trend
>>has been established within bodybuilding that any of us need
>>to worry about? i
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Titus

n=1 arguments dont work.

how many murders occur each year? so when ONE bodybuilder/drug dealer/known rec drug abuser and sleazebag gets his name in the mix.... therefore we now have to regulate his entire industry and attempt to create some sort of ridiculous correlation between bodybuilding and murder/kidnapping?

shit doesnt make sense man....if a fractionally insignificant segment of society wants to spend all day lifting weights and sucking cock to pay for their steroids, why should i care? how does this effect me?