Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectChris Benoit hooked me and my friends up w/ tickets back in the day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=54540&mesg_id=54644
54644, Chris Benoit hooked me and my friends up w/ tickets back in the day
Posted by Ishwip, Mon Jun-25-07 10:39 PM
I guess it was like 02 or 03. My friend was friends w/ a guy who knew Benoit and this dude swore he could get us free tickets when they came through (Columbia, SC). Said all he had to do was ask Chris.

Of course, I didn't believe this, but the date came and my friend swore we had tickets, we just had to go to the ticket booth and ask for them.

So we get to the arena and my friend is like "Um, are there any tickets for ______.....they would be from Chris Benoit".

(I'm standing way off to the side not ready to play myself. How many people try to pull something like this lol?)

The booth lady says "Uh, no"............but come back in about half an hour.

I'm certain we're about to look real wack leaving the arena, but we check back and what do you know, our tickets were there! 4 tickets, about lower mid-level, w/ a message from him basically saying "Enjoy the show" (or something like that; I don't remember exactly)

That's still one of the coolest memories I have since it seemed so farfetched. We would watch this dude every Monday and Thursday on tv, put the money together for the PPV's........and that same guy had now gave 4 broke college wrestling fans something to remember.

I haven't watched wrestling regularly in about 3 years, but this news hits very hard.

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers. (c) Kno