Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectManning's a talented guy, but he's a choker -- what's the issue?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=51299&mesg_id=51435
51435, Manning's a talented guy, but he's a choker -- what's the issue?
Posted by celery77, Tue Jan-09-07 10:23 PM
We all know this. I'd easily rate Manning as one of the most talented men to play the position, but I would NEVER rate him as one of the greats, because he chokes worse than a two-year-old who just swallowed some ipikak.

Let's take Jim Kelly as a comparison point. Let's say Norwood makes that FG in that one SB. Now Jim Kelly has one SB under his belt, proceeds to lose the next three in stunning fashion, but still he's there four times in a row.

Let's take Tom Brady. Let's say common sense and human decency prevailed, and the Tuck Rule never happened. Now that's two SB victories. Let's say Viniateri misses a kick or Andy Ried manages clock better, now that's one SB. How is Jim Kelly not in Tom Brady's league then?

Brady's a good QB -- I'm not denying that, but I mean someone DID post "clear #2" which is flat-out one of the stupidest things I've ever read in OK sports. You guys got two SB victories*, congrats. Try not to let it get to your head so much though, huh?

*TUCK RULE