Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWhat's interesting about Manning tho...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=51299&mesg_id=51422
51422, What's interesting about Manning tho...
Posted by Lach, Tue Jan-09-07 08:41 PM
is that his defenses haven't performed poorly in the playoffs. It's been him consistently. Unless you've been watching a different Manning. I dunno. But the reason we were talking about weapons that the QBs have in the first place is because we were discussing individual greatness I thought and not just team success. Of course the Colts have never played D like the Pats. But at the same time, the Pats use a lot of cats of defense that no one wants and then anchors them around a dab of very good players like your Seymours, McGinests, Laws, Milloys, etc. That's where Belichick does his best work. I mean, everyone in the NFL has talent or they wouldn't be there. So of course all our players have talent. Are there teams with more individual talent than the Pats? Of course. Or am I lying about that? But that's what makes the Patriots special in today's league. Now this weekend they go up against a team that on paper is far superior to them. Now if the Pats win, you mean to tell me we have more talent overall than the Chargers? I mean, what are you and everyone trying to say about Brady? He isn't that good? He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Montana just because? LOL. Yall make these boards a blast to be a part of though. I actually do laugh out loud when reading a lot of stuff here.

>
>And I know you guys don't like to talk about it but since you
>like to deal in hypotheticals if it wasn't for the tuck rule
>the Brady legend might have never existed.

I'll talk about the tuck rule. It happened and we won. We came back 2 more times to show our organization wasn't a fluke. Yall picking.

If you really want to get technical and down dirty with everything, we can compare the amount of pro bowlers the Pats have, concrete stuff, etc. But there's no need for that but that's the kind of conversation you all are making this Brady thing into.