Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectSeveral items
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=50009&mesg_id=50143
50143, Several items
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Dec-19-06 04:40 PM
Fuck, how ill-timed is this? I am an hour from leaving for a month-long trip overseas so I'll have to be brief.

KingKahn just made a bunch of new friends in Philly. I knew I was keeping that old Mutombo Nuggets jersey around for a reason. Which of their three unis is not too hideous to actually own? Maybe the navy one.

For openers, Denver is not ideal, but it could have wound up much worse for Iverson. Once Melo and them get back, I think they will start putting it together. It's interesting that AI will probably be the point guard for real for real with this team given that they dealt Miller and obviously Smith is picking up a bigger role all the time. This should roll Denver into the semis (Dios mio, man), but I won't go any further than that. I am not a big fan of George Karl (euphemism) and they were far from contention before, so anything beyond that I will consider a pleasant surprise.

From the Sixers' standpoint, well, we didn't get any hot young players but we did manage to get two first-rounders. I thought it was going to wind up being either two expiring deals, one player and a pick or two expiring deals and two picks. We wound up with one expiring deal, a player and a pick. Andre Miller is not exactly the future of the franchise, but he is a decent ballplayer with a contract that will be attractive on the trade market in two years when we'll be trying to actually get below the cap (when Webb's money comes loose).

It's pretty much what I expected, 50 cents on the dollar.