Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: MLB.Com: Justin case you didn't know, Tigers rule MLB
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=45172&mesg_id=45269
45269, RE: MLB.Com: Justin case you didn't know, Tigers rule MLB
Posted by Ceej, Tue May-23-06 11:37 AM
>The only thing funnier than that statement is the fact that
>it's true.

Its weird to say and believe but it really is true altho we havent beat Chisox,bosox or yankees we have cleaned up evryone else.

>Anyways, here's a question: Why do you think the Tigers are
>doing so well?
>
>And I'm not talking pitching, batting, what are they doing
>right. I'm talking is it the coaching? Is it the young talent
>they developed or is it moves made by the GM?

I think its a combination of youg talent being developed and confidence and respect in and for the coaching staff. The GM really hasnt done that much. He got Bonderman as a throw in for Weaver and we hand Verlander,Zumaya and Granderson in the minors. he found a gem in Shelton in the Rule 5 but as for free agent moves he has had to overpay for injury plagued players.
>
>They have a pretty good minor league system don't they? Do you
>think that if Trammell were still coaching he would still be
>getting production out of the young player?

The thing with the minor league system is that up until this year we would always have great minor leaguers that never panned out with the big club, but this year that is changing.

As for Trammell a big problem with him was injuries which (knock on wood) we havent had too many of this year, but with that said NO they would not be doing as good imo bc the players just had no respect for him and really?? why should they??
>
>Also, who's going to any Cleveland games this weekend? I'd
>like to see a sweep to further ingrain Detroit's dominance of
>Cleveland.

Well the games are in Cleveland and I'm just not ready for a road trip just yet.