Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThe Dunleavy part is bullshit, the Baron part, though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=40835&mesg_id=41189
41189, The Dunleavy part is bullshit, the Baron part, though...
Posted by celery77, Wed Jun-28-06 04:18 PM
I can say this -- at the end of last year, they rolled out all their new marketing and featured Baron and JRich *heavily*, especially Baron. GS had one of the biggest spikes in season tickets in the whole league because people were really excited to see good basketball in the Bay.

This year, when the season wrapped up and they started the new tickets campaign, there was NO Baron AT ALL in the highlights. I mean, yeah, he didn't play that much last season, but the clips featured pretty much NOTHING but JRich. I don't think they had Baron in a single one. I remember watching and thinking, hmmmmm -- so the Warriors are on shaky ground with Baron.

And yeah, he and the coaches don't like each other, but then again Montgomery is an idiot and I'm going to be pissed if he starts next season behind the bench.

I don't mind trading Baron because of the health thing -- I don't think his health will ever be 100%. Otherwise I love his game, stupid coaches and poor FG% be damned.

Trading JRich might force me to turn my back on the franchise. He's my favorite player in the NBA.

Read my Dunleavy comments above. They like him, but they'll make a trade if necessary (recent interview I read with Mullin had him saying he'd make any trade he felt would help, he wants to be sure to think with his head and not with his heart, etc. meaning more or less everyone is on the block for the right offer).