Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectBRING 'EM ON, WE'LL GLADLY PLAY ANY TAKERS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=40484&mesg_id=40728
40728, BRING 'EM ON, WE'LL GLADLY PLAY ANY TAKERS
Posted by celery77, Mon May-01-06 12:01 AM
Guaranteed the only teams we won't see is DAL or DET, but we could see any other in the WC. I'm a little disappointed we won't see DET next round, as I was ready to pop some shit and I really think SJ could take those soft little fuckers.

I'll admit the team I least want to see is CGY, maybe just because I hate rooting against Darryl Sutter and Jarome Iginla. Aside from that, though, it would be a good way to start building a rivalry, with a tough 7 game series in the last WCF. If this series went deep, I bet some bad blood would start circulating with some of the guys, and that always makes for the best hockey.

Playing ANA would be lame as shit. I hate the Ducks, and if we lost the series I'd wanna commit hari kari on the spot.

I don't like COL, they've eliminated us too many times for me to like that match-up. Theodore is bad and Sakic and Hejduk are always scary. Rob Blake is amazing and they're just a tough squad. I wouldn't look at them as 7 seeds for one second.

If we got EDM, the least likely, I'd feel probably best of all. 8 seeds usually blow their load after a first round upset, and the Sharks are way too confident and together right now for a team to sneak up on them.

Anyway, Marleau, Smith, and Vesa are the stars of the first round. Mark Smith has actually stolen Nils Ekman spot on the Thornton line (thank god, and he deserves it). I don't know if Ekman got 5 minutes of ice-time in the last game, that dude sucks. I've been sleeping on the team and I didn't realize what a beast Vesa is (his style is erratic at first glance, but impressive over time). Plus, McLaren is playing some of the best hockey I've ever seen him play. I think he's really a big-game player, which is dope. So anyway, the Sharks look good in the 2nd round no matter who we face.