Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectPATRICK MARLEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=40484&mesg_id=40685
40685, PATRICK MARLEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Posted by celery77, Fri Apr-28-06 01:06 AM
Hells yes! The captain of the Sharks comes through AGAIN.

Fun fact they showed in the Sharks broadcast tonight, here, I'll see if you guys can guess it ... who has the most post-season goals since the 2004 playoffs?

That's RIGHT! It's Patrick Marleau, who's currently tied with Jarome Iginla, Richards, St. Louis and maybe one other guy with 14 goals, only he did it in about 5 or 6 LESS games than anybody else with 14. Basically, he has been THE most prolific post-season goal-scorer since 2004. That's our fucking CAPTAIN y'all.

Also, I'm not going to bother to look at the post #, but I opened the Sharks game commentary up with a post about Mark Smith, and that bad boy netted his 3rd goal of the post-season tonight. Mark Smith, 4th line center, all-purpose, PK, energy guy has 3 goals in 4 games. The team damn BETTER be up 3-1 when they're getting that effort from their 4th liner. Oh yeah, he also got a NICE cheap shot in on Paul Kariya as time was expiring. Paul went bitching to the ref about it, because he got popped a good cheap one to the back of the head by Mark Smith, and I just fucking laughed. Welcome to the playoffs, you fucking softie. Mark Smith knows what time of the year it is.

Oh yeah, check the replay for the 5th goal, Marleau's 3rd if you can. You have to see the whole thing, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of hockey action I've seen in some time. It begins with McLaren POPPIING a guy trying to take the puck in the zone, upon which Berniere picks it up and starts trucking blue-line to blue-line. Patrick, the Captain, then gets ON HIS FUCKING HORSE and BURNS whoever thought they could keep pace with him in the space of the neutral zone. He starts about 2 strides behind and finishes 2 strides ahead by the time he catches the pass from Berniere to slide the puck in the net. God it was gorgeous -- big hit to full-length goal-scoring rush. If I was at the game, I would have been losing my damn mind. It was incredible.

So anyway, the second season has begun and the signs are positive.