Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: A-ha!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=3851&mesg_id=4077
4077, RE: A-ha!
Posted by CMcMurtry, Fri Apr-16-04 10:30 AM
>They booed because they thought he was
>>faking it to stop a fast break up the ice the other way. Not
>>something I would do, but there are idiots in every city.
>
>Yeah, and they were wrong, so I have the right to call them
>on being a dumb fucking crowd.

But I'm saying, it was the minority, and it's something that would happen in every city. Ottawa is not any less moral than Toronto. There are idiots everywhere. Stop being a fucking retard.

>If 80% of the crowd is getting drowned out by Leafs fans,
>that's fucking sad and you should be ashamed. "Obnoxiously
>loud"? This is tennis all of a sudden? Fuck prissy fans.

Getting drowned out? This is revisionist history. The cheers for the goals are not comparable. There are more Sens fans than Leafs fans in the Corel Centre. Period. Sens fans are not as loud as Leafs fans and I wish they were but what can you do. The ACC isn't a mecca of noise either, because the tickets are so damned expensive that it's more corporate than joe fan. I would say the Leafs fans in the Corel Centre are probably a better reflection of the average guy. And the obnoxiously loud comment was a joke. Jeez.

>The Sundin situation is different because Mats Sundin is a
>classy guy, and Mats Sundin never checked any Senator from
>behind during the playoffs and talked shit about it
>afterwards.

Talked shit? Remind me what me said because I can honestly, truly, not remember it. If he talked trash than surely you could dig up quotes or links to an article because he's pretty mellow and uninteresting in interviews so I doubt he would ruffle any feathers that way. And don't say "oh, I can't but I REMEMBER IT WELL" because you clearly have selective memory in everything else Leafs related.

And yes, it was a hit from behind. But the Leafs still went on to win the series, so why does it matter again?

>The stick-throwing shit was the icing on the cake. The
>Alfredsson booing goes back two years. I realize Ottawa
>fans probably can't remember that far back, or choose not to
>because if they do they'll recall yet another embarassing
>defeat. This is just further evidence that Senators fans
>have absolutely no idea why they're booing Sundin other than
>the standard Toronto penis-envy.

They boo him because he's the best player on the other team, by far, and do not want him to do well. Is this hard to understand? I think most Sens fans respect him as a player, the same way most Leafs fans (I would hope) respect say Marian Hossa. But they boo because they think it will get him off his game. Kinda like why all booing goes on.

Seriously, you're a little girl.