Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectTo the Barry Bonds anti-defamtion league, I'll only say this once
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=37959
37959, To the Barry Bonds anti-defamtion league, I'll only say this once
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 05:40 PM
The home run record does not belong to Babe Ruth. The home run record belongs to Hank Aaron (who is black). Hank Aaron went through HELL to get that record. People wanted to literally kill Hank Aaron to prevent him from becoming the holder of that record. The "struggles" Barry's going through right now are sissified compared to what Henry Aaron had to endure throughout the early '70s. The "witchunt" is not to protect Babe Ruth. It's to protect Hank. Henry Aaron deserves MUCH better than some surly, 'roided up piece of shit to steal (yes, I fucking said STEAL) the record he so rightfully deserves.
37960, alot of casual ppl don't even know who the fuck hank aaron is
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Mar-30-06 05:42 PM
and the white ppl i hear , via radio and tv media, are only mentioning ruth
a) cause that's the closest record
b)cause he is white and THAT'S the record they feel is valid
37961, And you would be one of them
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:02 PM
Which immediately disqualifies your opinion on anything baseball-related.
37962, Just A is correct
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Mar-30-06 06:09 PM
>a) cause that's the closest record
37963, 2nd place isn't a record
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:10 PM
37964, No, but 714 and 755 are both hallowed numbers
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Mar-30-06 06:14 PM
"Mark", "record" call it what you want.
37965, its the record for most homers by a lefty, which bonds is too
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Mar-30-06 06:17 PM
37966, it's pretty disingenuous to call it that though
Posted by johnny_domino, Thu Mar-30-06 06:22 PM
I mean who cares about highest batting average for a lefty? Most doubles by a lefty? It's Babe Ruth's record, is what it is.
37967, well, bonds has said he wants to beat ruth for most HR by a lefty
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Mar-30-06 06:25 PM
so its important to him.

though it could be because he doesnt wanna come out and say "fuck that cracka!" lol
37968, but EVERYBODY knows that EXACTLY how he feels:
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:28 PM

>though it could be because he doesnt wanna come out and say
>"fuck that cracka!" lol
37969, Barry knows a thing or two about fuckin' crackas, too.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:29 PM
Just ask all his yt mistresses.
37970, and y'all MAD about that too!
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:30 PM
37971, I'm mad that he's fuckin' a white bitch?
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:37 PM
Dude, if I felt the need to get angry everytime a black athlete fucked a white woman, I'd have croaked a long damned time ago (besides, it ain't like I'd want anything to do with them bitches.....you ever get a look at the beckys these sumuvabitches pick?".

But it's a nice piece of ammo to pull out whenever he feels the need to put his "blackness" on display.
37972, actually you seem pretty angry in all of your posts.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:53 PM
37973, Well I'm angry by nature. I was just born that way, I guess.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:19 PM
37974, i met Hank Aaron in a hotel in NY
Posted by esb225, Sat Apr-01-06 06:17 PM
and u know what aside from me his wife and the guy with him no one knew who the hell he was... it was very very very sad.
37975, fuck you, fag...nobody reading your words of faggot ass hate
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Mar-30-06 05:45 PM
nm
37976, You're reading them, apparently.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:01 PM
Black Basaglia would shit on you for this.
37977, wait, you aren't quoting cheese eyes are you?
Posted by sexymf, Thu Mar-30-06 09:53 PM
somewhere kwame is grimacing
37978, Barry himself has said he only wants to pass Ruth, everybody knows...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:02 PM
this and that's why they are trying to stop him NOW. Barry is 47 HR's behind Aaron and the chances of catching his this season if ever are slim and none. He's only 6 behind Ruth, he pass him the first week then sit down and say "Fuck you all!"
37979, Bull and shit.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:06 PM
He isn't gonna retire a month into the season. And if he has 46 HRs w/ a month left or whatever and the Giants are in a race for a playoff spot, he ain't sittin' down.
37980, do you realize that because of his knee he'll be lucky to play 100 games...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:09 PM
this season and he's only hit more than 46 homeruns TWICE in his entire career?
37981, That'll be 100 games more than he should be allowed to play.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:11 PM
He shouldn't get the chance to step on a major league field for the rest of his life (all five years of it once the after effects of the science experiment catch up to him).
37982, get the fuck outta here with all this whining
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Mar-30-06 06:13 PM

• Okayplayer Rookie of the Year
____

Stay calm, he got this ----> http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2192/kbfinals258dd.jpg
37983, Take your punk ass back to Long Beach
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:18 PM
37984, lol
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Mar-30-06 06:19 PM
that was a good one

____

Stay calm, he got this ----> http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2192/kbfinals258dd.jpg
37985, So was yours.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:20 PM
37986, where was this witchhunt when McGwire was breaking Maris' record?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:14 PM
37987, RE: where was this witchhunt when McGwire was breaking Maris' record?
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 06:15 PM
Where were the federal indictments, BALCO busts, books and allegations coming from peers when McGwire was playing?
37988, Jose Canseco wasn't broke yet, and Ken Caminiti was still alive
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Mar-30-06 06:18 PM
regardless of canseco's book, i think caminiti's death shook alot of people up.

even though he was a drug addict, and that had a larger effect on his early death, he had admitted that he took steroids in his mvp season.

his death, imo, was the impetus of the steroids allegations snowball
37989, I don't know and I don't care.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:21 PM
I want him AND Bonds AND Sosa all stricken from the record books. You're preaching to the fucking choir.
37990, My point exactly!
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 06:22 PM
>Where were the federal indictments, BALCO busts, books and
>allegations coming from peers when McGwire was playing?
37991, Two things
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:26 PM
1) Whatever investigation baseball or the senate or whomever would've wanted to launch wouldn't have been allowed to take effect in time to preserve the single-season record. They would've literally had to arrest McGwire to keep him from surpassing Maris.

2) The media DID uncover McGwire taking andro during that season. The problem was that it wasn't illegal at the time and there wasn't even a testing policy in place to officially implicate him for any wrong doing.
37992, Exactly! there was no outcry, the whole thing was swepy under the rug...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 07:54 PM
where were the investigations, allegations, and indictments?? Why didn't anybody wonder about how much bigger McGwire had gotten since he came into the big leagues???
37993, Actually, people did wonder. It just took a while to build steam.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:34 PM
It wasn't just McGwire and Sosa just got big all of a sudden. It was just about every prolific slugger who claimed that "weight training" over the off-season is what made them bigger. It took a couple years for guys to start showing elongated effects of steroid use for the gun to start smoking (McGwire breaking down and reducing to a sub-.200 hitter his final two seasons; Sosa, McGwire & Bagwell developing acne like teenagers; Giambi developing f'n INTESTINAL PARASITES; etc). The reason it came down hardest on Bonds, well there are two reasons that truly stand out.

1) He came into the picture JUST as people were first starting to ask questions based on Sosa and McGwire's freakish productions. People were first starting to educate themselves on effects of steroids, and somebody gets swoll over the off-season and hits 73 homeruns IN THEIR LATE-THIRTIES......come on. If people are already searching for 400 lb gorillas, an elephant walking into the room isn't going to be able to make it's self inconspicuous.

2) Barry Bonds practically BEGS the media at large come after him. He's surly, he's a hypocrite, and he looks down on other people. He's an asshole, and he loves broadcasting the fact that he's an asshole to anybody within range to notice it. Barry Bonds gave the media every reason in the world to "make his life a miserable hell".

And even with all that stated, what you forget to mention or at the very least forget to realize is that PEOPLE WERE CELEBRATING BONDS WHEN HE WAS SETTING HIS RECORD, TOO!!!! When Bonds was closing in on 70, ESPN followed the Giants to every homegame. They interrupted whatever programming they had on at that given moment. Hell, Chris Berman was practically providing a home team call every night during the chase. The next year when he was in the World Series, all the talk centered around "can Barry finally get the ring that'll justify his storied career". Wasn't nobody leading off SportsCenter on some "good God, let's hope that ni**er doesn't break the record or else...". Shit, call it like it is. ESPN'S STILL FUCKING GOING EASY ON HIM. They're about to start airing a reality series on him for crying the fuck out loud.
37994, There wasn't a testing policy in place...
Posted by Selassie I God, Fri Mar-31-06 03:55 PM
When Bonds did his dirt either, nor was it against Baseball's rules at the time. So what is the difference?

"And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not; Behold the Lion of the Tribe of Judah the Root of David hath prevailed..." (Revelation 5:5) Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Rastafari
37995, Co-sign
Posted by Buks, Sun Apr-02-06 04:24 PM
It wasn't a issue back then - and lest we forget that Sosa was in the race as well
37996, The fuck do you care about breaking Maris' record? Maris was yt.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:19 PM
37997, I agree about Aaron
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 06:13 PM
Not with the "roided up piece of shit" sentiments though. I don't hold and ill will against Barry. I would like for the truth to be revealed with everything and everyone going back over the last 20 years though.
37998, You're a liar. Shut the fuck up.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:17 PM
You DON'T have any respect for Hank Aaron if you don't feel ill will toward Barry. Hank Aaron almost died for that record. Granted, Barry's eventually GOING to die whether he sets it or not, but not for anything close to an honorable reason.
37999, You Wrong
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 06:23 PM
I have a tremendous respect for Hank Aaron. But my respect for Aaron is not going to be affected by anything Barry Bonds can do. If Bonds hits 800 home runs, it will not change my feelings about Aaron. Statistics and records are only one indicator of a man's greatness, Barry can rack up all the home runs he wants but he'll never pass Hank in the categories that really matter.
38000, If you TRULY respected Hank Aaron and what he did....
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:28 PM
What he did for baseball...

What he did for black America....

You wouldn't want Barry Bonds anywhere near this record. Your talk of "respect" is simply lip service. Nobody with a genuine appreciation of Hank Aaron and his struggles can even muster a nice thing to say about Barry Bonds at this point.
38001, RE: If you TRULY respected Hank Aaron and what he did....
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 06:34 PM
Your notions of respect seem to be strongly tied to 755. Overtaking Aaron in the record books cannot take away from what Aaron did. I respect Hank Aaron as a man and as a ballplayer, in the final analysis I really don't care if he's on top of the HR chart. Everyone knows that Willie Mays was a better player, but that doesn't make Aaron any less special. Hank was the only one who went through what he went through. No one can take that away from him. Certainly not Barry.

38002, Hell yeah that importance is tied strongly to 755!!!!!!
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:41 PM
Because THAT'S what the future generations are gonna look at and base their arguments on. And you're a moron if you don't think I'm already pissed he passed Willie's 660. If these 'roid freaks are allowed to break all the records, if they're allowed to take up room in Cooperstown despite the fact they knowingly cheated, then they've won. That's all the real baseball fans who respect and cherish the game's history have left.
38003, RE: Hell yeah that importance is tied strongly to 755!!!!!!
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 06:49 PM
Ruth hasn't been the HR champ for over 30 years and people still talk about him in the pantheon of great players. Aaron passing Ruth didn't make Ruth any less great. Numbers and records are nice but "real baseball fans" know how difficult it is to compare players in different eras and will take into account things like no black players and steroids. You go ahead and fight your fight, but to me nothing Barry does can take away from the greatness of the guys who came before. Including Aaron.
38004, You're copping pleas.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:37 PM
This is your long winded way of saying all records are insignificant. Sorry son, but you know that flat out isn't true. They may not tell the whole story, but they get hyped for a reason.
38005, No
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 10:54 PM
I'm saying that Hank's greatness goes beyond his records. If in 15 years somebody else hits 756, they probably won't be greater than Hank. Hank's contribution to the game is so much more than 755 that somebody passing him doesn't diminish it. Like I said, I do not consider Babe Ruth any less great because Aaron passed him. I consider Mays to be a better ball player than Aaron, even though Aaron has a lot of career numbers on him. Statistics only go so far. If Bonds passes Aaron then people will know what is going on. I don't think it will change much in the final analysis. I'm not saying all records are worthless, I'm just saying they aren't the be all and end all of it. I don't think it really matters that much if Hank Aaron is the all time HR king. It's the fact that he passed Ruth and did it the way he did it. He was the hallmark of consistency and longevity. He did everything the right way and was one of the best to ever do it. The numbers don't tell you that. Numbers get hyped to the degree they do because it's something to talk about. But when it comes to comparing all time greats across different eras they don't mean as much. Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders don't have Emmitt's career rushing numbers but to most people they're all better backs. Numbers give you a reference point, but "real baseball fans" don't live and die by them.
38006, If a 'roid freak/dickhole passes 755, it's a disgrace.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:05 PM
And if said 'roid cock uses his "blackness" (and I use that term loosely when associated w/ Barry Bonds) as a defense mechanism in the process, that's an even bigger disgrace to Hank Aaron.

Hank Aaron received death threats on top of death threats every day for years leading up to his breaking of the record because people didn't want to see a black man become home run king. It would've been perfectly understandable for him to give up and retire while still in pursuit of the Babe if he chose to do so. But he persisted, thanks in no small part because of what it ultimately meant to black America to see one of their own become MLB's all-time leading home run hitter. In contrast, Barry Bonds wants to retire short of the record because "the media's taken all the fun out of the game" for him and "made life a living hell for him and his family".

Just his very definition of a living hell serves as proof that Barry Bonds is a giant pussy and completely undeserving to be in the same class as Hammerin' Hank.
38007, We're not going to see eye to eye on this
Posted by Call It Anything, Thu Mar-30-06 11:12 PM
To me Barry Bonds has very little to do with Hank Aaron's legacy, but you think he disgraces it. Do your thing. I'm done.
38008, Smartest thing you've said all night.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:19 PM
Mind passing that sentiment along to "S Dot" on your way out?
38009, but barry was a hof'er before the alleged roid usage.
Posted by LBs Finest, Thu Mar-30-06 06:50 PM
If these
>'roid freaks are allowed to break all the records, if they're
>allowed to take up room in Cooperstown despite the fact they
>knowingly cheated, then they've won.

steroids do enhance your performance, but i mean damn nigga, you act as if barry wouldn't be shit without em. you still gotta hit the ball. you act like his homeruns are barely squeaking over the wall.

____

38010, He was a HOF'er before the 'roids, but he wasn't the freak of nature
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:39 PM
That he's known as now. He didn't have a .650+ OBP year in and year out like he does now. He wasn't the undisputed best player in the game like he's considered to be at this moment.
38011, RE: but barry was a hof'er before the alleged roid usage.
Posted by BossPJ, Fri Mar-31-06 10:18 AM
how do you know that though?

and how can you put the guy in the hof based on his pre-roid career?

does pete rose go to the hall for his pre-gambling career?
38012, I seriously wonder where all these supposed people are that claim
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 06:20 PM
that Ruth is the true king...I mean...aside from the overly obsessed about racism crowd that has been bred on this board that is....

Like, what white people are you all talking to that defame Aaron on the regular by claiming he isnt the home run king?

Let's see some examples folks
38013, dead & buried; LD is PREACHING here!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Mar-30-06 06:33 PM
That is what I have been trying to say for fucking YEARS; the guys he really spits in the face of are Mays and Aaron. People trot out the race card for Ruth, fine, I dont give a shit about some guy who played in the 20s and I never saw. A generation ago, Mays set the standard for all-around excellence and Aaron exemplified it; both men did the same for longevity in the majors.

Seeing Bonds pass Mays was like acupuncture with swords, God only knows how I will feel if he passes Aaron.
38014, Like, that'll happen
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Mar-30-06 06:34 PM
>Let's see some examples folks

Instead you'll get, "Y'know..........THEM. Yt. They all say it. They all I think it. I hear it. It's........THEM."

But fact-based examples?? Please. This is OKCism we're talking about here.
38015, Or they'll just pull a yt Basaglia.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 06:43 PM
Title their post "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!! YOUR FAGGOT ASS FAGGOT LIES ARE THE WORK OF A FAGGOT", and leave a "n/m" in the text.
38016, whoa!
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 07:18 PM
if it was only Aarons record, which Bonds has said he wouldnt be breaking...why the constant talk one hears OF babe ruth

is your point that its the ones pointing out this witch-hunt that are the ones bringing up Ruth?

fact is when ppl speak on the home run record, its Aaron/Ruth back to back as in Hank Aaron, Home Run King..who broke Babe Ruths record in blah blah blah

otherwise why mention the 2nd place guy anymore?

when ripkin broke the consecutive games played record..there was no, he passed y who passed x talk
because 2nd place doesnt matter

but for the baseball mythologists, ruth sits on hallowed ground & to have a big rude Black man kicking him down a notch totally tears @ the inner cracker in us all

THE BOTTOM LINE:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2390344

to quote:
No matter what the findings of an investigation, it would be difficult for baseball to penalize anyone for steroids used before Sept. 30, 2002, when a joint drug agreement between management and the players' association took effect.

Baseball began drug testing in 2003 and started testing with penalties the following year.

BARRY BONDS HAS NOT POPPED A DRUG TEST EVER!
HE'S STILL HITTING HOME RUNS, RIGHT NOW!
HE WAS LEGIT! HIS #s ARE LEGIT!

QUIT BITCHING and fcae that

AND if you wanna throw out records and put asterisks and shit on records willy nilly, slap one on everything before jackie robinson

AND slap one on everything now, the best ball players in the world are in Cuba but cant play here w/o leaving their families, friends, country etc

ridiculous

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
38017, See, the answer is really very simple..
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 07:41 PM
Regardless of Aaron's record( which is the most prolific in ALL of sports, and should be celebrated that way) he was not bigger than the game itself...The reason Ruth is still mentioned is because he is THE ONLY Person who has ever been bigger than "the game" itself....
It simply cannot be argued.
The rest of the bullshit in your post I will opt not to address as it is pointless
38018, holy shit.
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 08:31 PM
>Regardless of Aaron's record( which is the most prolific in
>ALL of sports, and should be celebrated that way)
you must mean all American sports

he was not
>bigger than the game itself...The reason Ruth is still
>mentioned is because he is THE ONLY Person who has ever been
>bigger than "the game" itself....
is that right? odd. babe ruth didnt mean a damn back in the day to the colored community. doesnt today. i look forward to bonds kicking him down the list. mainly because of the esteem you euro-americans seem to hold him in

>It simply cannot be argued.
oh yes it can

>The rest of the bullshit in your post I will opt not to
>address as it is pointless
take the L on the integration argument

38019, I can't believe 12 year old girls like yourself even bother posting here
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 08:42 PM
>>Regardless of Aaron's record( which is the most prolific in
>>ALL of sports, and should be celebrated that way)
>you must mean all American sports
American sports, yes...the only ones that matter

>is that right? odd. babe ruth didnt mean a damn back in the
>day to the colored community. doesnt today. i look forward to
>bonds kicking him down the list. mainly because of the esteem
>you euro-americans seem to hold him in

That's fine...you can look forward to that all you want...See, the funny thing is, I have ALWAYS been a Bonds defender...Yet, at this point, only morons will try defend him with all of the evidence staring them in the face...Then there are cats like you...THE Worst kind...The one's who want to see Bonds pass Ruth simply because Bonds is black and Ruth was white( though that actually remains to be argued up to this day)
Oh, and "we euros" don't hold esteem in the babe because of his skin color...BASEBALL FANS hold him up because, for more than the first half of the century he was the biggest thing in baseball...
With a mindset like that you are not a true sports fan, and I am actually embarrased for you

For you to try and claim that Ruth was not bigger than the game also shows just how fucking completely out of touch with reality you are

>
>>It simply cannot be argued.
>oh yes it can
OK tough guy...Go Ahead...Argue it...With 1 stipulation
Leave see if you can leave the terms black and white out of your argument.....
G'head kiddo

>take the L on the integration argument
Take The L on this entire post....

So...go ahead...Address the issue without allowing your bigotry towards whites to take hold of your argument....
Then
Take your L and get the fuck out of my face
Clown ass fool
38020, only morons will try defend him
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 08:51 PM
i dont think anyone is disputing bonds taking steroids. the issue is the way in which baseball is trying to single him out and retroactively punish him alone for a problem that baseball itself created. i will defend barry not being punished all day long. so i must be a moron right?
38021, Only morons will defend him by saying he is innocent
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 09:06 PM
sorry for typing so quickly and not being clear

But you are a Moron if you REALLY think that people honestly still think that Ruth is the kang

38022, ARGH
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 09:20 PM
they DO think he's the Kang!

you said yourself he was the only player considered bigger than the sport itself!

bigger than aaron who shattered his record
bigger than Mcguire, maris, bonds, etc who all hit more HRs in a season than him

Bonds is hurting the idol of baseball purists everywhere, diminishing him

ack like yu dunno

38023, You're confusing two different things
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 09:40 PM
Which really doesnt surprise me at all...considering
So....let....me....break...it....all....down...for...you

>they DO think he's the Kang!
>
>you said yourself he was the only player considered bigger
>than the sport itself!

Being bigger than the game, and being the home run king are two totally different things...It's not a shot at Hank, actually it speaks volumes about his character...He was not the type of person that would not end up being bigger than the game, because he was the type of guy who went out everyday and did his damn job....He was a consistent player for a very long time, but he didnt seek out the fame and camera's that Babe did...Babe was like the first "Limelight" dude...The first dude out for the camera's, rockin the furs, drivin the cars with bitches all over the place...Hank wasn't like that
See, you seem to automatically equate "yt" stating the fact that Babe was bigger than the MLB with white people saying he was the greatest home run hitter ever, which is just not the case...Like I said in my first post

Show me where these are people that are saying Babe ruth is the real home run king

That's all I'm fuckin askin, and as usual, it's too much for you fools

38024, defend Bonds from what?
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 09:16 PM
taking roids? THEY WERENT ILLEGAL
after baseball banned em...HE STOPPED
and he's STILL hitting HRs

has he EVER popped on a test?
nope.
if you believe the book they wrote on him, he started juicing after mcguire & sosa...in 97. after 02, he wasnt..so the majority of his HRs were "natural"

and heres the integration argument since you keep ducking it
baseball "purists" argue that playing on roids = cheating since ruth couldnt use it, aaron couldnt use it, etc

yet turn a total blind eye to the fact that playing w/o Black ppl = cheating as its been LONG established, the Negro Leagues @ the time had some of the best talent on earth, as usual but werent allowed to play

REFUTE IT

heres what i want you to say:
Uncle! I give up! youre 100% right! All records before integration should get the asterisk! All records during the so called "Roid Era" should too.

(ps: Clemens/Big Unit is 40+...still going strong...wheres the outrage? oh wait...its his off season workout regiman...gimme a damn break)

Bonds will pass Ruth & then I hope he retires immd so i can laugh @ you all

38025, And you know this................how?
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Mar-30-06 09:24 PM
>after baseball banned em...HE STOPPED
38026, has he popped on a test? been banned?
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 09:56 PM
no on both counts.

sorry dude is clean

38027, Dog I smoked blunts daily for 3 years
Posted by DonVito, Fri Mar-31-06 10:21 AM
When it was time to graduate and get a job, I drank nothing but cranberry juice for a week, used a special shampoo, and took an herbal magic pill and passed a drug test with flying colors.

Barry's got the loot to cover up any illegal substance he has taken, and probably continues to take to this day. Stop being so naive.
38028, shut yo ass up honky ass house nigger
Posted by southphillyman, Fri Mar-31-06 10:47 AM
bonds is CLEAN
38029, RE: defend Bonds from what?
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 09:30 PM
>taking roids? THEY WERENT ILLEGAL
>after baseball banned em...HE STOPPED
>and he's STILL hitting HRs
Taking steroids weren't illegal in the United States of America?
I dont care what baseball said, as their testing policy has been an embarassment to fans since the beginning..But the MLB operates in the USA, where taking steroids without a prescrition is illegal

>
>has he EVER popped on a test?
>nope.
Of course he didnt, because, like I said before, the MLB's stance on testing for anything was embarassing....So far you've taught me nothin I already didnt know...

>if you believe the book they wrote on him, he started juicing
>after mcguire & sosa...in 97. after 02, he wasnt..so the
>majority of his HRs were "natural"

So do they give him the majority of the award? What exactly are you trying to say here? Where did I say that Barry wasnt a tremendous hitter? Where have I claimed that the majority of his results were not from sheer talent alone?

>
>and heres the integration argument since you keep ducking it
>baseball "purists" argue that playing on roids = cheating
>since ruth couldnt use it, aaron couldnt use it, etc
>
>yet turn a total blind eye to the fact that playing w/o Black
>ppl = cheating as its been LONG established, the Negro Leagues
>@ the time had some of the best talent on earth, as usual but
>werent allowed to play

I'm not "ducking" it at all..I simply see it for what it is, A Red Herring...The issue at hand is America's supposed Vilification of Hank Aaron..I replied to this thread simply to point out, that in my lifetime of watching baseball and being around baseball fans, I have never heard anyone refute Aaron's place in history....I have never heard anyone say that it is still Ruth's record...Sorry to shatter whatever image that some of y'all cats on here seem to have, but for the most part, its not fuckin out there...
So, as opposed to falling for your red herring bs, i chose to ignore it and focus on the facts at hand

>
>heres what i want you to say:
>Uncle! I give up! youre 100% right! All records before
>integration should get the asterisk! All records during the so
>called "Roid Era" should too.

Honestly, I don't even know where to start with this...You know how sometimes you realize halfway through something that it just....isnt...worth your time?
I just hit that moment...Arguing with 12 year old kids isnt my idea of fun on a Thursday Night...I'm going to get drunk

We're through here...
You're an idiot
38030, ok, cool stop replying
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 10:00 PM
your beef is w/ MLB and its lackadaisical approach to steroids in the late 90s

oddly enough thats not the focus in this investigation, they are looking @ Bonds

but we know where you stand, glad to have convinced you

38031, Now you're just making shit up
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:45 PM
>when ripkin broke the consecutive games played record..there
>was no, he passed y who passed x talk
>because 2nd place doesnt matter

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY KNEW HE WAS BREAKING LOU GEHRIG'S RECORD AND THEY STILL KNOW IT TO THIS DAY!!!!! That record stood for more than half a century and it took Ripken not missing a single game for more than fourteen seasons to build up to that point. That just might be the dumbest thing you've ever said on this site, and you've said A LOT OF DUMB SHIT (I never thought I'd live to see you outdo the "Jordan isn't even top 5" crap).
38032, Wow, I had no idea I was arguing with that big an imbecile
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 10:30 PM
I wouldnt even have bothered responding to his first senseless rant...

Anyone who says that MJ aint in the top 5 needs to be fitted for a straightjacket...Or at least actually watch sports
38033, top 5 of all time
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 10:56 PM
1) Chamberlain
2) Magic
3) Olajuwon
4) Shaq
5) Jordan

never said he wasnt in the top 5 just not the GOAT

thanks for telling me what i think tho

38034, most misguided post of the month
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 07:59 PM
just wrong on alot of levels
38035, So Hank Aaron doesn't hold the home run record on your planet?
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:46 PM
What fucking level is any fact wrong on, "S Dot"?
38036, its wrong b/c bud selig and these old crackers dont give a fuck
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:00 PM
about hank aaron. these people are trying to prevent babe ruth from becoming irrelevant.
38037, BABE RUTH'S ALREADY FUCKING IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:17 PM
He played close to a century ago. The people who consider Barry Bonds or any other major leaguer the greatest player that ever lived do so because they're completely unaware of the fact that Babe Ruth, on top of being the most prolific hitter of (at the very least) the first half of the 20th century, he was also an elite pitcher during the early part of his career. He was a 20+ game winner twice while w/ the Red Sox. He had a career era of 2.28. He once started 41 games in a season w/o giving up A SINGLE HOME RUN. People disregard all that shit.
38038, couldnt disagree more...he is VERY relevant today
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:28 PM
if you cant understand that then you are a lost cause
38039, You're disagreeing for fuck's sake at this point.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:33 PM
You haven't provided a single poignant fact to dispute anything I've said. Fuck off.
38040, he never played against anybody black. ASTERISK.
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 10:29 PM
dude is overrated

cool papa bell would have lit his ass up

38041, He played against them annually in all-star exhibition games
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:32 PM
And hit moonshots off them. Go look it up, many of the pitchers who faced him have testified. And then when you're done looking that up, go take a quick look at reply #78 right quick, "black".
38042, Willie Mays Champions His GodSon
Posted by mistermaxxx, Thu Mar-30-06 08:43 PM
and He supports barry Bonds. i think folks ain't acknowledging Bobby Bonds either because Barry Bonds did get some greatness from his father. America loves Babe Ruth&it's a Candybar. Hank Aaron couldn't get Bowie Kuhn to even show up to watch him pass Ruth. I will always Support Barry Bonds&the Man was a Great Player no matter what.Bro Man was a HOF at 400&400 along with gold gloves.
38043, ^^^^^^^^Believes R. Kelly's being framed by Peabo Bryson^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:47 PM
Your opinion on any topic is invalid. Next.
38044, just like yours
Posted by mistermaxxx, Thu Mar-30-06 09:56 PM
and your Hating Ass. Peabo is Broke by the way so take another "L" as usual FOO!
38045, ^^^^^^^^His two favorite musicians are rapists^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:59 PM
38046, Why is Bonds still so damn big right now?
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Mar-30-06 09:43 PM
Do folks think he stupid enough to still be supposely taking roids?

!sig!
www.myspace.com/gemini2one
http://groups.myspace.com/snakesonplane

Here's the reason why brothers sale drugs
The same reason why brothers are thugs
For the same reason why my brothers go to school
To escape from under the next man's rule - Cap D
38047, They don't test for Human Growth Hormone
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 09:47 PM
38048, because you watch him shoot up every day, right?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:05 PM
38049, HGH isn't injected, actually. It can be taken in pills.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:11 PM
I've actually seen it sold in some places in spray form.
38050, LOL!! you just proved your ignorance
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:21 PM
wow. do some research before you start running off at the mouth
38051, I got your research right here, cunt
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:26 PM
http://shopping.msn.com/specs/shp/?itemId=106132897
38052, you're a fucking idiot if you think thats real growth hormone
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:30 PM
or anything like that in a spray or pill form.
38053, It's a stimulant that accelerates the production of HGH in the body
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:33 PM
Which, for all intents and purposes, is HGH in Krylon form.
38054, dumbass...here is a quick and easy definition of hgh for you
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:39 PM
http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?p=1981111#post1981111

Human Growth Hormone for Injection is a powder that must be reconstituted with bacteriostatic water just prior to injection. It must be refrigerated and remains stable for only a short time after reconstitution.

Human Growth Hormone for Injection cannot be absorbed through the stomach or by any oral means such as using tablets, capsules, or powders due to the fact that HGH is destroyed by the enzymes in the stomach.

Human Growth Hormone for Injection cannot be absorbed by sublingual means (under the tongue) or in the mouth due to the fact that the HGH molecule itself is much too large to be absorbed intact via the mucosa of the mouth. There is no molecule delivery system that will allow the HGH molecule to be absorbed under the tongue or in the mouth. (A homeopathic HGH formula can be absorbed sublingually)

38055, dumbass.....Human Growth Hormone is produced INSIDE THE BODY
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:42 PM
The hormone it's self IS not and CAN not be "injected" or "ingested". What people inject or ingest are stimulants that increase the production of HGH WITHIN THE HUMAN BODY!!!!!!!!!!

Science was my worst subject in school and I even I understand that much.
38056, how old are you? you cant be this dumb
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:47 PM
when you hear about someone using hgh, they are talking about an injectable synthetic form of the hormone. please dont try to argue with me about this topic because you will get sonned with a quickness. i was an exercise physiology major in college. do yourself a favor and save the embarassment and huge "L" by simply doing a google search, wikpedia or something.
38057, Fuck's the point? If I said the sky was blue, you'd bitch.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:55 PM
"Injectible synthetic form" = stimulant.

Human Growth Hormone = Hormone Grown inside of a Human.

Ain't had to major in exercise physiology to come up with that shit.
38058, RE: dumbass.....Human Growth Hormone is produced INSIDE THE BODY
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_treatment_for_bodybuilding
38059, and this one
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_treatment
38060, classic battle of MSN and Wiki hotlinks
Posted by will_5198, Thu Mar-30-06 10:58 PM
the two leaders of internet information
38061, is this one better?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 11:04 PM
http://www.thesportjournal.org/sport-supplement/vol13no1/03_growth_hormone.asp

38062, it's cool
Posted by will_5198, Thu Mar-30-06 11:10 PM
I'm not getting into this one but it was just funny
38063, yea it was
Posted by veritas, Fri Mar-31-06 08:21 PM
38064, I don't think we'll be seeing Trevor in this posts anymore tonight
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 11:06 PM
38065, Wrong, bitch.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:07 PM
38066, take your L like a man and stfu
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 11:13 PM
nm
38067, You on MY dick and telling ME to do something like a man?
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:16 PM
Hey look, pot's calling kettle a cracker again.

Btw, I'm still waiting for you to offer something that disputes Hank Aaron being the home run king, "exercise physiologist".
38068, resorting to penis humor? that's sad Trev, you're only making it worse
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 11:20 PM
38069, Who said anything about humor?
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:23 PM
And who said I was only talking about him?
38070, bitch, when did i say hank aaron aint the home run king?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 11:45 PM
the fact is you're a bama and dont know shit about baseball or the issues surrounding bonds.

your lame ass can keep typing all you want. you caught a nice L here. nothing more to see, move along.
38071, You said this was a misguided post.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:52 PM
And the purpose of this thread was to remind Bonds' apologists that Hank Aaron's the all-time HR record holder and not Babe Ruth.

Your baseball acumen = my chemistry grades.

Now move, I gotta take a piss.
38072, You're an idiot
Posted by Friscos Finest, Thu Mar-30-06 11:23 PM
38073, You're a Giants fan. Your opinion's irrelevant in this discussion.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:25 PM
38074, for $29.99?? LOL!
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:33 PM
38075, Yeah, GNC got scooped like Ice Cream.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:34 PM
38076, you don't actually think that's real HGH do you?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:38 PM
38077, Mr. Stallings, please report to reply #105 immediately.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:44 PM
And I see you rockin' that L Prof. Shelly handed you quite tuff, no homo.
38078, cmon man
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 10:37 AM
just admit defeat on this one. its reflecting poorly on you.
38079, HGH has little effect on performance and can actually hinder it
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:07 PM
nm
38080, So why do pro athletes keep taking supplements of it?
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:18 PM
38081, cuz they want to be big and cut up and look good for women
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:22 PM
muscle mass without strength is useless
38082, Get back on the spaceship and come back to Earth already, moron
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:27 PM
38083, you've already proven you dont know shit about baseball or
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:31 PM
steroids/hgh
38084, you've already proven you're adept at calling the kettle a cracker
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:35 PM
And absolutely nothing else.
38085, so now you're trying to say im white...thats FUNNY!
Posted by s_dot_miles, Thu Mar-30-06 10:41 PM
grow the fuck up you lame
38086, No, I said all you're good at is calling people cracker.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:45 PM
Though, considering how many other people who's only discernable talent here is just that happen to be white, it wouldn't come as a shock if it were true.
38087, I think its effect on performance is still up in the air
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 10:35 AM
but its certainly not as dramatic as people might claim it to be.

and you need to be using it along with juice in order to get a REAL effect....for bodybuilding or athletic purposes.

on its own at a therapeutic dose, youre talking more about regeneration and recovery than an performance enhancing effect.
38088, Look, I think it's been well established I'm no chem major and all....
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:51 AM
But there are people much smarter than I am who still think this is a real concern that testing should also be for HGH. That's my main point.
38089, there should be, no doubt
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 03:11 PM
>this is a real concern that testing should also be for HGH.

but it ain't happenin', captain.

>That's my main point.

ok, well my point is, is that bonds doesnt look the way he does because of GH alone. GH isn't gonna put 30+ lbs of water weight on your frame.
38090, I don't doubt Krispy Kremes might've also played a role
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 03:13 PM
>ok, well my point is, is that bonds doesnt look the way he
>does because of GH alone. GH isn't gonna put 30+ lbs of water
>weight on your frame.
38091, please, bonds works out harder than anyone in the league
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 03:20 PM
his workouts are legendary like those of jerry rice. if his knees wernt so fucked up he would be able to run more and thus lose some of that weight.
38092, Well, steroids give you the juice to work out for 10 hours a day.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 03:23 PM
38093, lol, nah thats called determination and willpower
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 04:00 PM
steroids allowed him to recover from his workouts quicker and allowed him to put on lean mass at a faster rate. people like you think steroids do the work for you, which is far from the case. if you take steroids and sit around on your ass, not training or eating correctly, you will still look and play like shit.
38094, What non 'roided person do you know that lifts weights for 10 hrs a day?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:03 PM
38095, ^^has never worked out
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 04:09 PM
get a gym membership and go look att all the average people who spend hours and hours in the gym just to look good at the beach or whatever. now imagine if it was your job to be in world class shape and you basically got paid to work out.
38096, NOBODY SPENDS TEN CONTINUOUS HOURS AT THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:17 PM
At the very least, they spend half of it "speed walking" if they do.
38097, ^^reads at a 3rd grade level
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 04:23 PM
who said anything about working out 10 consecutive hours? your knowledge of this subject is soooo limited that you really should just quite typing.
38098, ^^Had an imaginary college major
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:43 PM
You're arguing with me for nothing more than the sake of disagreeing with me because of I'm right about Bonds's (supposedly) black ass. I feel sorry that you have such a hatred for white people built up as a byproduct of kissing Mr. Charlie's ass all day in the corporate world of "exercise kinesiology" or whatever the fuck you claim your trade is.
38099, im arguing w/you b/c you're too stupid to see you're wrong
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 05:07 PM
>You're arguing with me for nothing more than the sake of
>disagreeing with me because of I'm right about Bonds's
>(supposedly) black ass.

first off, who the fuck are you with your lilly white ass to question barry bonds blackness or any black man for that matter? you should be smacked off gate for that statement alone.

secondly, you are too stupid to realize that you have no understanding of steroids or their effects, and you're so dumb that you think growth hormone can be bought at GNC. you make yourself look dumber with each reply.

I feel sorry that you have such a
>hatred for white people built up as a byproduct of kissing Mr.
>Charlie's ass all day in the corporate world of "exercise
>kinesiology" or whatever the fuck you claim your trade is.

again, these kinds of comments get you smacked in real life, so i suggest you keep those ideas on the low, but if you are ever in greensboro nc come holla at me so i can adjust your face.

lastly, since you never went to college or didnt learn shit while you were there, you wouldnt know shit about what exercise physiology is. but if you want to step your reading comprehension game up a few levels above grade school, you can read about the program i was in here: http://www.arc.wvu.edu/admissions/fliers/Med/exercise_physiology.html
38100, ......And when they threaten to harm me is where I do my best work
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:17 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&pn1x=Idiot+Box&a1x=203+S+Elm+St+%23+101&c1x=Greensboro&s1x=NC&z1x=27401&un=m&qc=Training+Programs+%26+Services&cl=EN&qq=3ULM2xInfpm03uy9zhuNEhrL%252b2jgQ1%252fGXnTdhnlSmB%252fwJZw36dtpsZiGF22d0soQHrm%252fw7%252bKhDlOZgU6bqBQxttQ0VCkzSyntF3qLKm8qAFtrx91bJfd0y5xz%252bIAK2SL4AgdD5j4ydSXcUo8R%252f4rblE%252fLnmbE0X8PZZSH36CJdpU5Q%252bupYP5j2aKMzOtCUgNl6zn3asuBkhUG6tBcoEx980%252fW7NjtOGFUQk3g%252fy1h2UumNYNUOsSOXZusNnVjhGvMhStsnjEv22IERtrHzM8wD0gh0HGk8IBQe0irkeGd4uaRII4q%252f7QBHt5maz0z0r1THoc48h8lqmOhTtbN%252b%252f9O4%252ftVX0NzOYY&ct=NA&q=gay+club&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=1&1l=i8E0r5rU%252f%252bU%253d&1g=fNmBOKwQzNo%253d&1pl=336-274-2699&1v=ADDRESS&1n=&1pn=Idiot+Box&1a=203+S+Elm+St+%23+101&1c=Greensboro&1s=NC&1z=27401&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=1317+N.+Court+St.&2c=Rockford&2s=IL&2z=&panelbtn=2

How 'bout YOU come up here and get some, "black"? I didn't major in make believe, I actually have work to do.
38101, ^^locks himself in bedroom at parents house and cries
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 06:58 PM
m,
38102, ^^Long-winded way of saying he isn't coming
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:00 AM
38103, my chi town fam can handle that kiddo
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 02:23 PM
your faggot cracker ass aint worth the plane ticket
38104, ^^^Translation: Thanks for the L, Mr. Hembrough
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 02:38 PM
38105, seriously, how old are you?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 02:49 PM
dont you realize how many L's you've taken in this post? you are getting exposed here
38106, Has the thought occurred to you by now that I don't give a fuck?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:43 PM
It's a message board, son. Okaycoolpoints have no use in the real world (much like your degree in exercise gynocology or whatever the fuck). You can't even redeem them for a 20 oz of Mountain Dew.
38107, everything you have said in this post has no use in the real world
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 11:33 PM
none of it makes any sense.
38108, Just like your promise to "rearrange my face".
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 12:30 AM
38109, pussy ass nigguh, stop actin like you won't get your ass kicked
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sun Apr-02-06 08:21 AM
38110, I won't. At least not by him or you. Neither of you live up to threats.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 08:46 AM
38111, where are you getting this 10 hours/day stuff?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 06:36 PM
speculating on what exactly bonds does in the gym is stupid, but i can say with a pretty solid amount of certainty that he doesnt lift for 10 hours/day.
38112, Steve Finley says he still works out 10 hours a day at 40 yrs old
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:40 PM
You have to be on 'roids to do that.
38113, douche, how many hours a day do you work?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 07:01 PM
assuming that you have a job.

its his fucking job to work out, and that includes on the field training and running, which for a professional athlete can take the 10 hours a day that you keep talking about.
38114, No human being, not even a professional athlete....
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:02 AM
Is built to work out ten hours a day, day in and day out, without chemical aid.
38115, ^^AKA you've never played sports you fucking herb
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 05:47 PM
nm, bitch
38116, I'm sorry. Did you just call me a herb?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:45 PM
Was that supposed to hurt my feelings or something?
38117, I could give a fuck what any athlete says they do or dont do
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 08:15 PM
unless I see it with my own fuckin eyes.

here, hows this....I bench 500lbs. i also fuck supermodel hoes for 5 hours straight. believe me? its really that easy to just make shit up and have joe retard sitting on the couch believe it. just cause theyre pro athletes doesnt make their word any more significant than mine.

and "working out" for 10 hours doesnt mean he's lifting weights for 10 hours/day. with or without roids thats counterproductive. eastern european olympic WEIGHTLIFTERS who are known for their crazy lifting sessions and drug usage dont even lift for 10 hours/day. finley's "10 hour" workout sessions could be 85% stretching/restorative/rehab shit. stop believing every damn thing you read or see reported on tv, holy shit.
38118, i have no beef here but this was well said.
Posted by veritas, Fri Mar-31-06 08:27 PM
38119, the book says Bonds sometimes spent 12 hours at the gym
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 08:50 PM
so that's where I'm guessing LD got that from. and yes I know that doesn't mean he was pumping iron for 12 straight hours, but that's still a ridiculously long time for a nearly 40 year old man to spend working out at a gym.

38120, RE: the book says Bonds sometimes spent 12 hours at the gym
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 10:19 PM
not that i gave a shit about anything that book said....

but if it said that, than its even more of a crock of shit than i had previously thought.
38121, ^^^^^^^^^Believes Barry took Flintstone vitamins^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:04 AM
38122, and I said that where?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 09:55 AM
I was talking about the prevalence of drug usage in sports up in okp for YEARS before the rest of you caught on. and everyone told me i was a moron. so dont give me this i dont think bonds juiced shit.

and for someone thats been so humiliated in this argument, you'd think you'd be a little less quick to try and clown someone else. especially someone who knows a heck of a lot more on this subject than you do.
38123, You called the book a crock of shit....
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:12 AM
Simply because it said Bonds spent an inordinate amount of time per day in the gym.
38124, yeah, its tabloid crap
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 10:44 AM
its a bunch of assholes profiting off of and sensationlizing a bunch of meaningless shit.

you didnt need a book to know that barry bonds was juicing. why this book has caused some dumbass investigation is beyond me.
38125, That book has hard evidence that could convict him in a court of law
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 12:45 PM
That's a little higher than "sensationalized tabloid crap" on the literary food chain.
38126, and you want barry bonds convicted?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 02:10 PM
why?

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

lets launch an exhaustive investigation on the nfl too.

lets convict all the MLB players over the last 50 years that have used amphetamines on a regular basis.

edit: basically, I don't need a book to tell me that the sky is blue.
38127, Yes.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 02:40 PM
>why?

Among other reasons, stealing medicine from AIDS patients.

>WHO THE FUCK CARES?

I do.

>lets launch an exhaustive investigation on the nfl too.

Fine by me.

>lets convict all the MLB players over the last 50 years that
>have used amphetamines on a regular basis.

OK.

>edit: basically, I don't need a book to tell me that the sky
>is blue.

But a court of law DOES.
38128, care to explain this one?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 03:14 PM
>>why?
>
>Among other reasons, stealing medicine from AIDS patients.

??

and all the information and accusations in this book are necessarily 100% true becasue....?
38129, RE: care to explain this one?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:47 PM
>and all the information and accusations in this book are
>necessarily 100% true becasue....?

Becasue? Don't you mean because?

Either way, the fact Barry won't come anywhere close to filing a libel suit leads me to believe there's a pretty good chance the book's contents are accurate.
38130, wow
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 09:57 PM
>>and all the information and accusations in this book are
>>necessarily 100% true becasue....?
>
>Becasue? Don't you mean because?

I think I've posted enough here in the past to allow for a typo or two. But I guess that's an "L"....I'm dumb and don't know how to spell, clearly.

>Either way, the fact Barry won't come anywhere close to filing
>a libel suit leads me to believe there's a pretty good chance
>the book's contents are accurate.

and this answers my question about him stealing from AIDS patients how? Other than GH being a medication used frequently by AIDS patients and many other clinical populations....I don't see the connection. Cancer patients use aspirin. But I don't need to steal from a cancer patient in order to get my own damn aspirin.
38131, RE: wow
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:08 PM
>I think I've posted enough here in the past to allow for a
>typo or two. But I guess that's an "L"....I'm dumb and don't
>know how to spell, clearly.

Who said you and I have nothing in common, eh?

>and this answers my question about him stealing from AIDS
>patients how? Other than GH being a medication used
>frequently by AIDS patients and many other clinical
>populations....I don't see the connection. Cancer patients
>use aspirin. But I don't need to steal from a cancer patient
>in order to get my own damn aspirin.

Barry wasn't stealing aspirin out of Osco. He was knowingly buying prescription AIDS medicine on the Black Market. Slight difference.
38132, RE: wow
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 10:35 PM

>Barry wasn't stealing aspirin out of Osco. He was knowingly
>buying prescription AIDS medicine on the Black Market. Slight
>difference.

by your logic, if Barry WAS buying his aspirin on the black market than he would be stealing it from AIDS patients.

If some buys some painkillers illegally, are they directly "stealing" from AIDS patients as well? this logic is just absurdly retarded.

How about if I go and buy my GH at a pharmacia in Mexico? Stealing from the poor AIDS patients as well?
38133, HE WAS NOT STEALING FUCKING ASPIRIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:50 PM
This would NOT be a big deal if it was aspirin!!! THEY'RE FUCKING STEROIDS, YOU KNOB!!!!!!!!!!
38134, your ignorance has no limits
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 11:31 PM
how can anyone be this willingly dumb? its almost like you stopped trying to make sense and just want to argue without making any valid point.
38135, Shut up bitch. Grown folks are talkin'.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 12:31 AM
38136, the analogy is a bit over your head
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Apr-01-06 11:58 PM
>This would NOT be a big deal if it was aspirin!!! THEY'RE
>FUCKING STEROIDS, YOU KNOB!!!!!!!!!!

I used a legal medication on purpose to show you how ill-conceived you logic was that he was stealing the medication out of the hands of needy AIDS patients.

and btw, GH isnt used only by AIDS patients for medicinal purposes.
38137, No, you're just trying too hard to live down what he did.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 12:35 AM
>I used a legal medication on purpose to show you how
>ill-conceived you logic was that he was stealing the
>medication out of the hands of needy AIDS patients.

This isn't a slap on the wrist infraction we're talking about.

>and btw, GH isnt used only by AIDS patients for medicinal
>purposes.

I realize it isn't only used for medicinal purposes. But his buying it on the black market so he can hit a fastball farther limits the availability of it TO AIDS patients who'd like to use it for medicinal purposes. THAT is the work of a scumbag.
38138, RE: No, you're just trying too hard to live down what he did.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 01:10 AM
Im not trying to live down shit. Barry Bonds "cheated". But cheating is american as apple pie. And its been going on in sports for CENTURIES. If its so sickening to you, take up stamp collecting.

>
>This isn't a slap on the wrist infraction we're talking
>about.

actually, yeah it kinda is. TRAFFICKING of steroids is normally a pretty lenient penalty. Personal use, even more lenient. Steroid users dont get locked up for years on end.

You're trying to paint Barry Bonds as an axe murderer, which is just as insane as the folks that claim he's a black role model. You wanna lock him up and throw away the key - but what actual HARM has this guy really done? Should people who smoke weed get the death penalty too?

>>and btw, GH isnt used only by AIDS patients for medicinal
>>purposes.
>
>I realize it isn't only used for medicinal purposes.

you misread me again. I said that AIDS isn't the only clinical population that uses GH treatment. Its prescribed for a wide variety of purposes, among those its prescribed for are rich middle aged men and women that are trying to find the "fountain of youth" by getting a few wrinkles off their face. For them, its essentially like getting plastic surgery. Should you demonize them as well? After all, that medicine could be going to a needy AIDS patient, right?

>But his
>buying it on the black market so he can hit a fastball farther
>limits the availability of it TO AIDS patients who'd like to
>use it for medicinal purposes.

The availability of GH isn't the slightest bit limited and its available for anyone that wants it (or who can afford it). So enough with the retarded assumptions, PLEASE.
38139, We're just not gonna see eye-to-eye on any of this.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 01:30 AM
>actually, yeah it kinda is. TRAFFICKING of steroids is
>normally a pretty lenient penalty. Personal use, even more
>lenient. Steroid users dont get locked up for years on end.

They SHOULD. Steroids ain't weed, they kill people who misuse them (which happens often, since many users are high school athletes).

>You're trying to paint Barry Bonds as an axe murderer, which
>is just as insane as the folks that claim he's a black role
>model. You wanna lock him up and throw away the key - but
>what actual HARM has this guy really done? Should people who
>smoke weed get the death penalty too?

I'm not painting him as an axe murderer. But he's most definitely a scumbag. You mean to tell me you don't get any shred of satisfaction from seeing bad things happen to a douche like him?

>you misread me again.

And AGAIN, YOU misread ME.

>I said that AIDS isn't the only
>clinical population that uses GH treatment.

I know, I read you right the first time.

>Its prescribed
>for a wide variety of purposes, among those its prescribed for
>are rich middle aged men and women that are trying to find the
>"fountain of youth" by getting a few wrinkles off their face.
>For them, its essentially like getting plastic surgery.
>Should you demonize them as well?
>After all, that medicine
>could be going to a needy AIDS patient, right?

Sure. Why not? I'm supposed to feel sorry for the rich who feel they're above the natural process of aging? Fuck 'em.

>The availability of GH isn't the slightest bit limited and its
>available for anyone that wants it (or who can afford it). So
>enough with the retarded assumptions, PLEASE.

Look, regardless of what you feel the moral impact his actions might have (which we're just going to disagree on), what he did was still illegal. And he's a douche. Tell your story walking if you truly believe what's happening to him now is some kind of injustice.
38140, as usual, youre 110% incorrect on an issue that you know nothing about
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 01:46 PM
> Steroids ain't weed, they kill people who misuse
>them (which happens often, since many users are high school
>athletes).

"often"?

show me ONE instance where steroids was listed as the cause of death for an athlete or anyone else for that matter. you've been reading too many articles from your idol jay mariotti apparently.

> You mean to tell me you don't get any
>shred of satisfaction from seeing bad things happen to a
>douche like him?

he's a dickhead, but at this point it brings me more pleasure to watch him piss off a bunch of clueless and misinformed middle aged white people than to watch him suffer.
38141, I shouldn't expect any more than this kind of crap for a response from you
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 04:19 PM
Fuck the bullshit, I've been going easy on you up until now. Being a known muscle head who's admitted to using creatine on this board before, whatever Barry's defense is at this point is probably gonna be your company line. It wouldn't come as any kind of fucking surprise if the reason you got your pink undies all up in this bunch is because you've popped these pills your damned self, maybe recently. I'm nowhere near as out of touch with this topic as you'd like people to believe, I'm just not as proficient at breaking it down into the technical medical jargon that you're familiar with. Only thing I'm guilty of is opening myself up to being misquoted and having what I said twisted far enough out of context that somebody on this site who's long hated my guts can use it against me and get his gay little jollies off by going "hey ld.....you took an llllllllllllllll" because it goes one step further in eliminating the embarassing reality that the only thing people have remembered you for up to this point is making a passionate all caps "LIQUID DOPE IS AN ASSCLOWN" post at halftime of a game I guaranteed a Bears win in......only to see them come back and win said game in overtime. You and I have deep seeded animosity for each other that goes back several years, and it ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon. If I say something meaningful, you ain't comin' around to give me deserved credit. But if I open myself up to scrutiny, bet your ass is gonna be one of the first in line to take a shot.

And please, put the race card the fuck down. The only thing more ridiculous than black people here using it out of context is when white people use it for any supposed purpose whatsoever. You are as much a suburban white child of privilege as the people you claim to get off seeing "suffer". The fact you still haven't come to terms w/ the ridicule you suffered at the hands of the people around you for listening to Keak da Sneak in the back of mommy's station wagon on your way home from school in Westchester is no concern of mine, or any other white person you might encounter. Tell your sob story walking.
38142, LOL, you got problems man
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 04:41 PM
reread my last post. show me where anything I asked of you was offesnive, derogatory, etc. this response of yours was pretty unprovoked.

>Fuck the bullshit, I've been going easy on you up until now.

oh you have? thanks for the leniency. you've done a bang up job in this post humiliating yourself. if anything I was just trying to be a voice of reason.

>Being a known muscle head who's admitted to using creatine on
>this board before

what? is this supposed to be a joke? "admitted to using creatine"? is that something Im supposed to be ashamed of? hey guess what, I also use a multivitamin too. TWICE. one in the morning and one before I go to bed, lol. WTF does that have to do with anything?

>whatever Barry's defense is at this point
>is probably gonna be your company line.

company line? im not defending him. If you read my post above I called him a dickhead, actually. I just dont see a reason to make him the fall guy for shit thats been going on in sports for ages.

>I'm nowhere near as
>out of touch with this topic as you'd like people to believe

"GH can be puchased at GNC."

That about sums it up right there.

The creatine accusations were a nice little bonus too.

>I'm just not as proficient at breaking it down into the
>technical medical jargon that you're familiar with.

youre not proficient with anything even related to this subject.

>Only
>thing I'm guilty of is opening myself up to being misquoted
>and having what I said twisted far enough out of context

what have i taken out of context? I asked you to back up one of your claims and you had a temper tantrum. sorry.

>that
>somebody on this site who's long hated my guts can use it
>against me

i have no problem with you whatsoever. so enough with the persecution complex. this shit is entertainment to me (especially this thread). i enjoy your antics, actually. nothing better than someone "in the know" telling me I can buy GH at GNC. thats comedy.

> goes one step
>further in eliminating the embarassing reality that the only
>thing people have remembered you for up to this point is
>making a passionate all caps "LIQUID DOPE IS AN ASSCLOWN" post
>at halftime of a game I guaranteed a Bears win in

hmmm. believe it or not, I dont think I thought about that post for one second since it happened anywhere between 3-5 years ago, lol. you take shit a bit more seriously than i do, i suppose. let go of the grudges man. nobody rememebers any of that shit. its not what i am "remembered for", nor am I trying to be remembered by anyone. its a messageboard. im here for my own enjoyment, not to leave an impression you fucking dork.

>......only to
>see them come back and win said game in overtime.

awesome. i probably cried myself to sleep that night im sure.

You and I
>have deep seeded animosity for each other that goes back
>several years

like i said, no beef here. sorry you dont like me. oh well.

>and it ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon. If I
>say something meaningful, you ain't comin' around to give me
>deserved credit. But if I open myself up to scrutiny, bet
>your ass is gonna be one of the first in line to take a shot.

lol. youre really not that important man. I dont have a list of people on this board that Im trying to get back at. whether it was you or somebody else, someone that tells me you can buy GH and GNC is gonna get clowned. plain and simple.

>
>And please, put the race card the fuck down. The only thing
>more ridiculous than black people here using it out of context
>is when white people use it for any supposed purpose
>whatsoever.

sorry, i feel that there are racial implications here, particularly with the segment of the population that seems to be so offended by the whole steroid craze. but i wont get too off track.

>You are as much a suburban white child of
>privilege

and you know this how? I cant remember you stopping by for dinner anytime recently.

>The fact you still haven't come to terms w/ the ridicule you
>suffered at the hands of the people around you for listening
>to Keak da Sneak in the back of mommy's station wagon on your
>way home from school in Westchester is no concern of mine, or
>any other white person you might encounter. Tell your sob
>story walking.

wow....youre a real creative dude. im dissapointed i didnt get a mapquest link.
38143, haha
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-03-06 12:06 AM
>what? is this supposed to be a joke? "admitted to using
>creatine"?
38144, LD belongs in the General forum
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sun Apr-02-06 04:44 PM
ive never seen a post in Sports as emotional, bitchy and full of plea copping.
38145, You haven't reread your "I'll rearrange your face" thread yet.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 06:14 PM
>ive never seen a post in Sports as emotional, bitchy and full
>of plea copping.
38146, RE: We're just not gonna see eye-to-eye on any of this.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 02:36 PM

>>Its prescribed
>>for a wide variety of purposes, among those its prescribed
>for
>>are rich middle aged men and women that are trying to find
>the
>>"fountain of youth" by getting a few wrinkles off their face.
>
>>For them, its essentially like getting plastic surgery.
>>Should you demonize them as well?
>>After all, that medicine
>>could be going to a needy AIDS patient, right?
>
>Sure. Why not? I'm supposed to feel sorry for the rich who
>feel they're above the natural process of aging? Fuck 'em.

so even though it was prescribed by a MD and procured from an abundant legitimate source, theyre still stealing from AIDS patients?
38147, not to mention the fact that balco was producing stuff themselves
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sun Apr-02-06 03:28 PM
this guy is acting like bonds held up an aids patient coming out of a pharmacy. all of this stuff is so easy to get espically for professional athletes. no one is stealing anything.
38148, I don't give a fuck if the shit was available via tap.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 06:02 PM
It was illegal AND immoral. If that shit wasn't available over the counter, then he had no business possessing it other than to bulk up and swing his bat harder and faster than nature intended to allow him.

"BUT IT ISN'T A STIMULANT!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS WORKS!!! YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THIS L AND SAVE YOURSELF FURTHER EMBARASSMENT!!"

Bull

And Shit.

How the fuck do you think a catalyst works, pinhead? The purpose for a synthetic strand of HGH being injected into the human body is to combine with the hormone the body has already produced naturally to stimulate more muscle growth during exercise, develop more strength, so that the person can do something like.......oh, I don't know, say SWING A 30+ OUNCE BASEBALL BAT FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT AND PARK A BALL 100 FEET INTO MCCOVEY COVE YOU FUCKING COCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, who do you expect people to trust more on this subject? The countless amounts of doctors and acclaimed medical professionals who've spoken out about the dangers and effects of what he's doing, or some self-proclaimed "exercise physiologist" (which I've come to believe at this point is simply code down there in your hometown of Cousinfucker for "Head Night Shift Fry Cook at Rally's") in the mood to stick it to the white man?

See, I blame myself for this. I went about this whole "debate" all wrong. I've been trying to fight fire with fire up to this point when I should've just used water and put the shit out. Your beef isn't at all that this is a misguided post, it's that it's a perfectly guided post AND THAT YOU'RE EXACTLY THE TYPE OF IMBECILE IT WAS DESIGNED TO EXPOSE!!!!!!!!

The first FUCKING words OUT OF your mouth were "those crackers are out to protect Babe Ruth".

Listen to me closely.

Babe Ruth is fucking dead.

He's also NOT the all-time home run record holder. Hank Aaron, a black man, is. Hank Aaron received very real threats against his life while in the process of setting that record. He persisted so that black people such as YOUR DUMB ASS could have something to look up to, something inspirational to use as a CATALYST of motivation in their lives.

Nobody here cares shit about preserving anything held by Babe Ruth. It's a foregone conclusion that Barry Bonds is going to pass up Babe Ruth. Would I have preferred he not pass Ruth? Yeah, sure. I also would've preferred he not passed Willie Mays, Frank Robinson, Reggie Jackson, Harmon Killebrew, Willie McCovey, Mickey Mantle and every other prolific pre-roid era slugger. Barry Bonds is a walking rectum. If he got hit by a bus and died tomorrow, I'd happily buy lunch for everyone I know.

But I wouldn't expect you to believe any of that. You're a card carrying member of the "ok, Barry might be juicing but I'll let him pass because I wanna see him stick it to the white man anyway" club. I don't understand that logic, nor do I understand your belief that you can best stick it to the white man by logging onto the internet and lash out at him along with other black people of privilege.

You're an utter waste of sperm. While I may have used those words before, I've never meant it as literally as I do right now. Your father weakened the gene pool the night he decided not to wear a condom. See, the thing about using the giant pulsating brain gimmick with this whole Vizzini from "The Princess Bride" persona you've adopted ("You're no match for my brains.....Have you heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? MORONS!!!!") is that you better be A-1 FUCKING PERFECT TO THE TEE!!!!!! If you slip up ONCE, dude, your ass skid-marked. Misspell a word? Make an idle threat? You're fucked for good.

People think I do the whole mapquest bit as a joke. I'm deadly serious about that. You wanna "rearrange my face" bad enough? Don't shoot the breeze about it when you could be about it.

Get off the computer.
Gas up your Pacer.
Jump on the highway,
and COME MAKE MY FUCKING DAY ALREADY!!!!!!!!

But, unsurprisingly, you won't live up to your word. No, your revised philosophy now is to just "send your chitown fam to handle this for you" (still waiting for them to show up and live up to that promise too, by the way).

See, the difference between you and every other card carrying member of your club is this.

For all his smug attitude and posturing, this guy...

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=user_profiles&u_id=125773

He KNOWS he's an idiot.

AND HE KNOWS THAT I KNOW HE'S AN IDIOT.

This guy

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=user_profiles&u_id=145255

He knows his mother probably drank battery acid while she was pregnant with him. He'll flat out tell you he's that dumb, he's just too dumb to recognize the shame in it.

You, on the other hand, are a special breed of jackass. You honestly believe in your own hype. Everybody here is full of shit, you're just sad enough to be the last person who hasn't been let in on the joke yet. If there IS such a thing as "exercise physiology", then you are a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham of Bachelor's degree in that area of study.
38149, You idiot..............Fuck am I leading you to water for if you won't drink?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 04:31 PM
Using the above stated logic, you would have no more of a problem with a doctor writing off a painkiller prescription for a known pill popper than with how Barry got his juice.

"An accredited physician wrote the prescription for him.....There's no shortage of medicine available.......I don't see what the big deal is."

But I'm done debating this with you. Not because I'm in over my head like you'd wish people would believe, but because I know your true reasons for cranking out the rubbish defenses you have up to this point. Ignorance is bliss, and there's no reason to attempt enlightening someone if they wish to remain blissful.
38150, ^^thinking GH is sold at GNC= you being in over your head
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sun Apr-02-06 04:38 PM
you clearly have no fucking clue. this shit isnt difficult to understand; all you had to do was 5 min of google searching and then you could have spoke intelligently about HGH, steroids, BALCO, and Bonds, but nah you're too fucking lazy and stupid.
38151, ^^thinking Barry took GH to look good at the beach= you being in over your head
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 06:07 PM
5 minutes of googling? How about two seconds of dictionary.reference.com to familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word "stimulant"? How about ten seconds of reading the lead post of this thread that clearly states "BABE RUTH IS NOT THE HOME RUN RECORD HOLDER AND NOBODY HERE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HIM"? Apparently THAT intense amount of legwork is in over YOUR head.
38152, so young, so stupid
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sun Apr-02-06 07:03 PM
you think steroids, growth hormone and stimulants are all the same thing dont you?

this is getting sad. i really feel bad for you at this point because you're so insanely stupid.
38153, But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 08:52 PM
Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
38154, RE: You idiot..............Fuck am I leading you to water for if you won't drink?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 04:46 PM
>Using the above stated logic, you would have no more of a
>problem with a doctor writing off a painkiller prescription
>for a known pill popper than with how Barry got his juice.

both situations are illegal. what is the difference?

and by YOUR logic, if a pill-popping housewife was abusing codeine....she'd be stealing from AIDS patients too. after all, AIDS patients use codeine as well.

> but because I
>know your true reasons for cranking out the rubbish defenses
>you have up to this point.

enlighten me. id love to know what my "ulterior motive" is here.

>Ignorance is bliss, and there's no
>reason to attempt enlightening someone if they wish to remain
>blissful.

"GH is available for purchase at GNC." = ignorance in its highest form
38155, RE: You idiot..............Fuck am I leading you to water for if you won't drink?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 06:13 PM
>both situations are illegal. what is the difference?

EXACTLY THE FUCKING POINT!!! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!! But if you talk about one as if there's no problem with it, you obviously see nothing wrong with the other. Sad sack of shit when you analyze this closely enough.

>and by YOUR logic, if a pill-popping housewife was abusing
>codeine....she'd be stealing from AIDS patients too. after
>all, AIDS patients use codeine as well.

You say that as if I'm supposed to have a problem with locking her up too. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't.

>enlighten me. id love to know what my "ulterior motive" is
>here.

Shit's already been covered, Lee Haney.

>"GH is available for purchase at GNC." = ignorance in its
>highest form

Second highest form. "Barry had his doctor write him a prescription for aspirin.....and I'm glad he's sticking it to the white man" = ignorance in it's highest form.
38156, RE: You idiot..............Fuck am I leading you to water for if you won't drink?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Apr-02-06 06:38 PM

>EXACTLY THE FUCKING POINT!!! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!! But
>if you talk about one as if there's no problem with it, you
>obviously see nothing wrong with the other.

NO. I don't disregard one situation and label the other a horrific crime. I recognize both situations for what they are - a rather minor crime....something that I'm not gonna get myself worked up into a frenzy about.

And regardless, youre straying from the original point that I was trying to make (the one which you can't seem to comprehend), in that NOBODY IS STEALING FROM AIDS PATIENTS. This is not about whose a bigger plague on society, pill-popping mom's or juiced up ball players. That wasnt something that I was trying to argue so STFU with that already. You made an idiotic claim (one of many) that Barry stole medicine from an AIDS patient. I'm waiting for you to effectively demonstrate that is true. You can't, so you just fire insults at me and dredge up shit from who knows how long ago that nobody besides your pathethic ass would ever remember.

>
>>and by YOUR logic, if a pill-popping housewife was abusing
>>codeine....she'd be stealing from AIDS patients too. after
>>all, AIDS patients use codeine as well.
>
>You say that as if I'm supposed to have a problem with locking
>her up too. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't.

OMG. How dumb are you? I dont give a shit about whether you think she should be locked up, I'm not trying to compare Barry's "crimes" to anyone elses....I brought up the point to show you what kind of insane logic youre using to show that Barry steals from AIDS patients. You're beyond dense. Have you ever heard of a pill popping housewife being accused of stealing from AIDS patients? FUCK NO. they get accused of being a PILL POPPING HOUSEWIFE! They make a stronger case in those stupid ass commercials where a 13 year old buying a dime bag is economically supporting osama bin laden, lol.

>
>>enlighten me. id love to know what my "ulterior motive" is
>>here.
>
>Shit's already been covered, Lee Haney.

Yes, I take creatine therefore I'm trying to do what here exactly? It's so illogical that I can't even piece together the accusation. You're gonna have to spell it out for me.

>Second highest form. "Barry had his doctor write him a
>prescription for aspirin.....and I'm glad he's sticking it to
>the white man" = ignorance in it's highest form.

That made no absolutely no sense and had nothing remotely to do with anything that came out of my mouth, so I really can't even come up with a response to that. Sorry.
38157, THANK YOU!!!!!!! See that Kinesiolojagoff?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:03 AM
38158, you really need to log off kid. This huge L that you have taken
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 02:30 PM
in this post is not a good look. btw, physiology is not the same as kinesiology, but i wouldnt expect you to know that since you clearly learning disabled.
38159, I'll let you in on a little secret.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 02:45 PM
You and I are never going to cross paths (as if you hadn't confirmed that above when you failed to live up to your "I'm gonna kill you, you white bread piece of shit" threats). Nor am I and any other net dork who cums on themself everytime the opportunity to hand out an "L" on a message board presents it's self.

Another secret I'll let you in on. I DO, in fact, realize the difference between physiology and kinesiology. Recognizing it publically, on the other hand, really doesn't mean anything considering you earn a paycheck in neither field.
38160, heres the worst kept secret on these boards:
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 03:04 PM
you're a bitch.

>You and I are never going to cross paths (as if you hadn't
>confirmed that above when you failed to live up to your "I'm
>gonna kill you, you white bread piece of shit" threats). Nor
>am I and any other net dork who cums on themself everytime the
>opportunity to hand out an "L" on a message board presents
>it's self.
>

why are you quoting something i never said? failed to live up to my threats? I said if YOU were ever in greensboro come holla at me so i could adjust your face. where in that did i say i was coming to hunt you down and kill you all the way in bumfuck ill?

>Another secret I'll let you in on. I DO, in fact, realize the
>difference between physiology and kinesiology. Recognizing it
>publically, on the other hand, really doesn't mean anything
>considering you earn a paycheck in neither field.

so to paraphrase what you just said, you basically are too immature to admit when you are wrong and you dont know your facts to begin with. is that what you are saying? and when the fuck did i say i was a Physiologist? again you dont fuckin read.
38161, ......blah blah blah..."I hate you"...blah blah blah...more sideways talk...
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:05 PM
Times like these are reasons why life should come with a fast forward button.

>I said if YOU were ever in greensboro come
>holla at me so i could adjust your face. where in that did i
>say i was coming to hunt you down and kill you all the way in
>bumfuck ill?

See, the thing about those of us who actually HAD a major in college is that we graduated and got jobs after we left instead of just moving to Crackerfucker, NC and starting a meth lab. So, if you want your ass whipped bad enough, YOU'RE gonna have to do the leg work. You either:

A) Buy me a round trip plane ticket and reserve me a hotel room for my next weekend off.

B) Scroll back up to those mapquest directions I linked above, print 'em out, gas up your Pacer, drive up "all the way to bumfuck" and get you some.

Or C) Just keep doing what you're doing now (making idle threats, followed by desparate spin once the person you threatened calls you out on your bullshit).

>so to paraphrase what you just said, you basically are too
>immature to admit when you are wrong and you dont know your
>facts to begin with. is that what you are saying? and when
>the fuck did i say i was a Physiologist? again you dont
>fuckin read.

Uh, no. YOU don't fuckin' read. Basically, I get a kick out of ridiculing sensitive people who can't take a joke and have a hard time breaking the trance created when chasing their own tail (i.e. you). I mean, really. You majored in exercise gynocology and all. You should be smart enough not to be this deep in bullshit.
38162, kid you're the only one sensative in here...e-yelling and shit
Posted by s_dot_miles, Sat Apr-01-06 11:37 PM
you need to get a life, a girlfriend, a job and some education.
38163, Is being "sensative" anything like being sensitive?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 12:36 AM
I learned that much in my "limited education".
38164, this ain't our language, stop correcting nigguhs spelling
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sun Apr-02-06 08:23 AM
38165, See, there you go calling me a "nigguh" again.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 08:47 AM
38166, This is my problem
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Mar-30-06 10:10 PM
I know cats in their 30s-60s (yes 60s) that are bigger and stronger than Bonds and these dudes work a 9-5! They are not hardcore Bonds fans, but they get a kick outta of the Bonds debate because they know that it is possible to put on mass at an older age. I mean it is possible considering that he has all day to workout throw in genetics, diet, and legal supplements it can be done. The advancement they have made in legal supplements over the last decade is pretty amazing.

!sig!

38167, you don't understand, if you're black all it takes is for a white person...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:18 PM
to SAY you used performance inhancing drugs and you are considered guilty like Barry and Marion Jones.

Meanwhile white people can test positive, have syringes found in their trash, and have shit sitting in their locker in plain view and its OK.
38168, Yeah, that or to be found by the federal government to be tied
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Thu Mar-30-06 10:37 PM
into an already known steroid ring...You know...documents with your name on them, doping cycles, drugs listed on calenders on the days taken....stuff like that.....Or, maybe just a white guy is pissed about some record....

Yeah...it's probably just a white conspiracy though
38169, they've found similar things on people like McGwire, Giambi, Armstrong...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:42 PM
Romanowski and others.

almost everybody that played baseball in the Bay area in the mid- to late 90's is tied to BALCO
38170, smarter to stay on them then to come off
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Mar-31-06 10:39 AM
>Do folks think he stupid enough to still be supposely taking
>roids?

and lose 50lbs like Giambi so then everyone and their momma KNOWS what the fuck was up.

steroid testing is a joke, always has been. no need to quit just because they've instituted some lame policy.
38171, lol @ all you nutty ass niggroes riding for bonds.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Mar-30-06 10:14 PM
dood don't give a FUCK abt y'all

he'd prolly spit in ur face if u came within 5 ft of him

fuck that house nigga yo
38172, ^^^^^^Paging Bitchlahab, that one was for you^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:18 PM
Stay black.
38173, is that a SPM alias?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-30-06 10:20 PM
38174, off the break..Im Cubano, B.
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 10:30 PM
so miss me w/ that

2nd...I know railroading when i see it

and bonds is being railroaded

if it happened to McGuire, i'd think the same

but it wouldnt have happened to McGuire

38175, You're only cuban until pulled over by a cop
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 10:37 PM
You haven't pulled the cubano card until now, "b".
38176, i dont need to tell you what i am, b.
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Mar-30-06 10:58 PM
your country got mollywhopped by mine in the WBC

youre beneath us

its Cubas game now

ANDALE HOMES

38177, Ireland didn't even field a team in the WBC.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:07 PM
And even if they did, I still wouldn't have given a flying fuck.
38178, i cant imagine what this place is gonna look like if bonds starts off hot
Posted by Ceej, Thu Mar-30-06 10:25 PM
there are 4 posts about this shit already and were still in spring training and barry is barley playing.
38179, STFU WHYTEBOY
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Thu Mar-30-06 10:50 PM
fuck you, and your weak religion
38180, I don't have a weak religion, I'm an atheist.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:09 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&pn1x=Mc+Donald%27s&a1x=943+Flatbush+Ave&c1x=Brooklyn&s1x=NY&z1x=11226&un=m&qc=Entertainers-Adult&cl=EN&qq=21LTZ%252flnQEOno1vfDcyGtqvqUUGIkTHh3NDGyJPwZH8Yj%252fY%252fAMqAL2rhvn%252bBGcpuHYeTBM2b4cwf8rHMlboNetml0J8pNO6nOs1EVs6ep5KrAzOxMmBgb3%252fJRSaOxdaW0Sgr8YLJivMcDB12RRaK8la976eCBWJ1gOX6ZcbTUJdh5RZtsaId4gcTzhNGqwhEfZ3QK7nYFEETC4qXyQa1hYJzda2mAE5Tepw6rj4yii2kNlfosH5ARZhjH2bKn5D29TEFTIJ21IWAnJ1bD8DDgDYujqvh1qyJDKDtHhWzgOpDAWzzYqoLnJdCL7qh63e8z5IjNYmzhQeAWXDEh1z3B%252btJoI44mTBi%252fGO2esjnQ4Sv9m6%252bzWCl8Q%253d%253d&ct=NA&q=male+stripper&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=1&1l=0QhDuQ64LHs%3D&1g=oCGqHWNOtB0%3D&1pl=718-693-5353&1v=ADDRESS&1n=&1pn=Mc+Donald%27s&1a=943+Flatbush+Ave&1c=Brooklyn&1s=NY&1z=11226&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=1&2l=MdP9w3%252fmm5M%253d&2g=Di82uAiCC80%253d&2pl=212-242-9999&2v=ADDRESS&2n=&2pn=Hunk+Mania+Male+Strippers&2a=248+W+14th+St&2c=New+York&2s=NY&2z=10011
38181, you keep posting that map, for what?
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Thu Mar-30-06 11:12 PM
i don't get the dumb ass joke. give your mother a map to map to my dick, tell that old bitch to get ready to hear me coming. cuz i'm going to let off in her ears.
38182, We realize you don't get the joke. That's what keeps it funny.
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:18 PM
38183, "we"? who a bunch of pussy ass whyte nigguhz?
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 12:01 AM
38184, Wtf is a "whyte nigguhz"?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 12:07 AM
Is it anything like a "ghey homophobez"?
38185, your are an idiot and racist
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 12:24 AM
never let me catch you in public. i'll do you like cease and them did jim and cam, but worse.

and according to your syatement, you veiw blacks as niggers. people we know what this dude is about, go die from skin cancer while simply walkin on a sunny day.
38186, I didn't call anyone a nigger, you did.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:28 AM
And you called a white person a nigger, at that.

And you misspelled both words, like you do with about two-thirds of the English language because your mother took cyanide to the head when she was pregnant with you.

Now wrap your dumb ass head around all that for a minute and try to comprehend how ridiculous everything you said is.
38187, the reason it's racist is beyond your train of thought
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 11:33 AM
due to your conditioning, your are using white logic to determine what a racist is. and i don't care elaborate, negroes need to stop explaining shit to crakers.

and as mothers, don't be mad, your moms isn't half the bitch you are.
38188, The reason what's racist? You calling my white ass a "nigguh"?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:18 PM
Well, yeah. I'll admit that the reasons why you hate black people might be beyond my comprehension. The truth is, even if they aren't, I'm not even going to try to comprehend. I have more productive things to do with my time than worry why somebody who'd most likely castrate themselves if they were operating an electric can opener while naked hates their own race to such an extent they even use that race's slurs against people of other ethnicities.
38189, eat-A-dick
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 02:19 PM
38190, Why the A gotta be capitalized? You got somethin' against As?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:24 PM
I mean, I understand you never got one between kindergarten and 12th grade, but come on. What'd that letter ever do to harm you?
38191, damm, you gotta be a saltine telling those corny ass jokes
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 02:26 PM
38192, HE FINALLY SPELLED SALTINE CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:27 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
38193, you a faggot
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Mar-31-06 02:01 AM
38194, Seriously, I wish they'd take bets at Caesar's on your replies.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:25 AM
I'd really clean the fuck up if they did.
38195, you corny ass nigguh
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 11:40 AM
fuck outtuh here. you just mad cuz barry might be your pops.
38196, See, there you go calling me a "nigguh" again.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:15 PM
And if Barry was my dad, that would make me mixed. Thus, my opinions wouldn't be racist. But I wouldn't expect you to think this through.

Actually, I wouldn't expect you to think anything through. That's pretty much how your garbage ends up getting posted.
38197, RE: See, there you go calling me a "nigguh" again.
Posted by Zion3Lion, Fri Mar-31-06 05:50 PM
so you're saying your not a nigguh and if so why not?
38198, For the same reason I'm not Santa Claus
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:19 PM
Because there's no such thing.
38199, you a homosexual man, faggot
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Mar-31-06 04:56 PM
38200, Bonds not the only Giant on roids
Posted by Gemini_Two_One, Thu Mar-30-06 10:51 PM
Just look at the pictures!

Before roids
http://www.spitemag.com/bile/lineup/art/willie.gif

A picture of him shooting up!
http://www.propstore.com/images/products/262/blade-armthingy-dvd.jpg

After roids
http://www.filmdeculte.com/photo/culculte/wesley/b.jpg

He has yet to fail a drug test...but come one people look at the pictures!

!sig!

38201, Don't shit belong to Hank Aaron
Posted by randyjenkins, Thu Mar-30-06 11:33 PM
Babe Ruth is the real kang
Hank was using uppers, and all kinda shit back then
no one give a fuck about Hank Aaron
it's about the real kang
the record stops, and starts with Babe
wow, Hank went through hell hitting a fucking baseball
give me a break, he got some letters from some of LiquidDopes grandparents , big fucking deal
Kunte Kinte went through hell
MLK went through hell
All Aaron did was take a bunch of uppers, and hit a baseball
everyone knows the real deal is about Babe
Roger Maris caught more hell than Hank

>The home run record does not belong to Babe Ruth. The home
>run record belongs to Hank Aaron (who is black). Hank Aaron
>went through HELL to get that record. People wanted to
>literally kill Hank Aaron to prevent him from becoming the
>holder of that record. The "struggles" Barry's going through
>right now are sissified compared to what Henry Aaron had to
>endure throughout the early '70s. The "witchunt" is not to
>protect Babe Ruth. It's to protect Hank. Henry Aaron
>deserves MUCH better than some surly, 'roided up piece of shit
>to steal (yes, I fucking said STEAL) the record he so
>rightfully deserves.
38202, ^^^^^^^^^^He ain't gay though^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-06 11:39 PM
Even felt the need to inbox me to tell me that.
38203, Deserving got nothing to do with it (c) William Munny
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Mar-31-06 12:15 AM
Records are just numbers, there's no virtue factor built into it. One person doesn't deserve the record more than anyone else.

You or anyone on this planet can "know" all they want that Bonds used steroids anywhere between 1986 and now. But at the end of the day, he's never failed a drug test, and I don't believe anyone has even come and said they SAW Bonds knowingly use steroids. So at the end of the day, they're after him because he's a prick. But being a prick doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to hit 756 HRs.

Let's say Bonds does break Aaron's record: does that make what Aaron accomplished any less great in the long-run? Does it nullify the shit he had to go thorough to hit 755 HR? Is the MLB going to remove Aaron from the Hall of Fame? Is Aaron going to be erased from baseball's collective memory? Hell no. People who know baseball and know history will always give Aaron his deserved respect. Baseball is flawed in many ways, but it is very good at remembering and respecting its legends. And if Bonds breaks Aaron's record, Aaron will be remembered as tbe the guy with the second most HRs in MLB for all time. Not a bad legacy.
38204, RE: Deserving got nothing to do with it (c) William Munny
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 12:22 AM
>You or anyone on this planet can "know" all they want that
>Bonds used steroids anywhere between 1986 and now. But at the
>end of the day, he's never failed a drug test, and I don't
>believe anyone has even come and said they SAW Bonds knowingly
>use steroids.

He's admitted under oath to using steroids and "Game of Shadows" is based largely on gov't documentation of him obtaining steroids. Hell you think he was using them for after he got them? Fertilizer?

>Let's say Bonds does break Aaron's record: does that make what
>Aaron accomplished any less great in the long-run?

What it does is lessen it's significance among future generations of baseball fans. As much as you or I may try to not only remember Hank's legacy, but also preach it to others, all that most of them will see is the record books and that's what they're going to base their argument on. If somebody ever surpasses Hank w/o steroids, I got no problem with it. But he doesn't deserve to lose his record (going through what he went through) to Barry Bonds, especially after what he had to endure to get there.
38205, I know Hank and Jackie took a good deal of crap
Posted by will_5198, Fri Mar-31-06 12:30 AM
"but I guarantee it wasn't for 6 years"

sorry, just had to bring up that classic John Rocker quote

38206, something to think about regarding Ruth
Posted by wluv, Fri Mar-31-06 01:06 AM
Most of his playing career, a ground rule double was counted as a homerun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_rule_double

Since there is no way to go back and investigate, is it fair to say that some of those 714 homeruns would not have counted by today's standards. And I'm not even going to get into the tired pitcher era when pitchers routinely pitched complete games on sore arms.

Just something to think about.
38207, While that's true, the same goes for a lot of Negro League records.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:30 AM
It's been assumed that up to about a third of Josh Gibson's estimated 900 career homeruns would count only as ground rule doubles today.
38208, a third?...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 11:13 AM
www.fuckouttahere.com
38209, his whyteness is as bright as a 1500 watt lightbulb
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 12:32 PM
38210, OKP hypocrisy at its finest...
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Fri Mar-31-06 01:41 PM
So the ground rule double thing can discount Babe, but since he is using this to point out the inconsistency Across the board, affecting negro leaguers records as well, he is simply another silly cracker

Sounds about right

Y'all need to get out of the house more often...
38211, nobody's saying a third of Ruth's homers were ground rule doubles
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 02:07 PM
38212, their kind will never get it
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 02:18 PM
therefore, we need to stop explaining shit to saltines.
38213, Including me.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:23 PM
I never said that many, if not more, of Babe Ruth's home runs couldn't have been of that variety (hell, there's a scene in his movie where he hit an inside-the-parker on an infield fly and had completely rounded the bases before the ball hit the ground; take ALL of these "legends" with a grain of salt). I'm just saying I've heard some historians say that up to a third of Josh Gibson's career home runs left the park on at least one hop.
38214, where did you "hear" that?
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 02:31 PM
38215, Burt Randolph Sugar, Jerome Holtzman, other reknown historians
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:32 PM
38216, hatin ass crackas
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 06:13 PM
38217, lol
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:19 PM
38218, Hank Aaron is the most underrated Hall of famer
Posted by Polyphemus, Fri Mar-31-06 01:22 AM
How the fuck can a guy who holds the Home Run and RBI record be so underappreciated?
38219, he ain't ruth, dimaggio, ted williams, kofax, mcguire, etc.
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 01:48 AM
38220, holy fuck are you stupid
Posted by bshelly, Fri Mar-31-06 12:39 PM
mcgwire?
38221, stfu faggot ass saltine
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 01:34 PM
all them whyties are overrated and get more props them hank. and ted williams would have been average vs. the blacks and browns of the negroe league.
38222, Hold up
Posted by TurkeylegJenkins, Fri Mar-31-06 04:49 PM
14 of Ted Williams' 19 major league seasons were post segregation.

Get your facts straight.

Did I mention that I met Kareem?: http://tinylink.com/?UCNMKdNWLA

Hot to Trotsky: http://www.regeneratedheadpiece.com
38223, He was also the 1st person to champion negro leaguers in the HOF
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:51 PM
Go grab an audio copy of his induction speech from 1967.
38224, fuck ted williams, he was on coke during his playing days
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 09:25 AM
38225, Did you just type an entire sentence w/o a misspell?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:40 AM
38226, i don't know, i can't spell, member
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 10:03 AM
38227, You just NOW figured that out, Bryan?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:26 PM
Dude, he's the only person I've ever seen manage to misspell the word AS.
38228, seriously, are you like 13 years old or what?.
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Fri Mar-31-06 01:42 PM
I'm just trying to grasp how someone could be so completely disconnected with reality....
38229, whose reality?
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 02:24 PM
all these crackers talkin bout reality to an american black man, SMH.
38230, I would've guessed 13 months, the way he spells and all.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:28 PM
The average pre-kindergartener can spell better than he does.
38231, that's the truf right there
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Mar-31-06 02:11 AM
> Henry Aaron deserves MUCH better than some surly,
> 'roided up piece of shit to steal (yes, I fucking
> said STEAL) the record he so rightfully deserves.

*smh*

It's a fucking shame that Barry Bonds (and the other roided up assholes) took baseball to this point.

It's a fucking shame that MLB, the owners, the players association and everyone else just sat back and let it happen.

since roids hit the scene, everyone in baseball done fucked up.

roids and segregation: two eras of baseball that should never have happened.
38232, STFU WHYTEBOY
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 06:34 AM
bonds is the best there ever was. and why the fuck do crackers and a few others act like they give that much of a fuck about a grown man doing steriods? and what steroids did he use? how are they different from any other "roids"? i mean damm, yall faggots don't even know shit about training, supplements, and steroids, etc., but act like experts.

ALL RECORDS PRE-NEGROE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE RECORD BOOKS BECUZ THOSE CRACKERS WEREN'T GOIN UP AGAINST THE BEST.
38233, you're white, aren't you?
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Mar-31-06 11:04 AM
perhaps a white kid from the suburbs somewhere?

when you get to college you'll learn to form more constructive arguments.
38234, no i'm a dumb negroe
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Fri Mar-31-06 12:30 PM
if you don't like the arguement, fuck it. as i said b4, negroes need to stop explaining shit these crackers. also, if i said what i truly feel about certain shit in this post from people that are obviously white, i would be considered offensive to people that may not care either way.
38235, ^^^^^^^^^^Understatement of the millenium^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:27 PM
38236, personally, The Doc doesn't even think protecting records is why
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Mar-31-06 07:44 AM
Bonds is being targeted.

Bonds is an arrogant asshole (esp. to the media), he's still playing, he is the most suspect out of the bunch of roiders still playing -- those reasons, and those reasons alone are why he's the target of this witchhunt. MLB fucked up, and they need a "head" to be placed in the middle of the courtyard for all the uptight cocksuckers in the world to see: WHO BETTA DEN BONDS!!

and before you start your lines of discrediting The Doc:

- he's been a Blue Jays fan since the days of Bobby Cox
- and while Bonds is super-suspect, The Doc'll give him the benefit of the doubt, ONLY because of this gay-ass witchhunt they're putting on him. If they go after Bonds, they need to go after everyone else in the league.
- Bonds was great (going back to his Pittsburgh years) before this bullshit, anyway. It's not that far fetched that he actually could have done all the HR hitting. If he were a bum before all of that, The Doc would have called for his head, even though there's no drug on the market that makes someone a better athlete (if so, The Doc knows a few Eagles that need to get on that shit, STAT)
38237, This is what I've been saying all along right here
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:34 AM
>Bonds is an arrogant asshole (esp. to the media), he's still
>playing, he is the most suspect out of the bunch of roiders
>still playing -- those reasons, and those reasons alone are
>why he's the target of this witchhunt. MLB fucked up, and they
>need a "head" to be placed in the middle of the courtyard for
>all the uptight cocksuckers in the world to see: WHO BETTA DEN
>BONDS!!

If Barry Bonds were white, but he were still every bit the antagonist and asshole that we know him to be now, he'd still be the #1 target, because he goes out of his way to bring it all on himself.
38238, You clearly have
Posted by Zion3Lion, Fri Mar-31-06 05:57 PM
not been saying that at all. all you've been doing is arguing how Babe Ruth was bigger than the game which is why he is still relevant. which is bullshit because if he never hit 714 no one would care about him.
38239, No, moron. I don't give two fucks about Babe Ruth.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:20 PM
The possibility of him passing Hank, on the other hand, upsets me because Hank stood for something in my eyes.
38240, ruth is your man-crush, stop lying nigguh
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 10:04 AM
38241, See, there you go calling me a "nigguh" again.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:22 AM
Who's supposedly who's "mancrush"?
38242, winner
Posted by Friscos Finest, Fri Mar-31-06 08:24 PM
38243, ahem 61*
Posted by radin, Fri Mar-31-06 09:56 AM
38244, i'll say it
Posted by bshelly, Fri Mar-31-06 10:26 AM
the Babe Ruth Theory is the single dumbest theory more than one member of this board has ever rallied around, ever. it's retarded beyond mere human comprehension.

i mean, when i was playing home run derby with a wiffle ball as a kid, when i wasn't pretending to be mike schmidt, i was pretending to be hank aaron. i bet i'm not the only white person who says this. people my age love hank aaron, because he's the man and he's the record holder. babe ruth was just some weird grainy picture who was in second place, and i didn't want to be like second place. i wanted to be like first place. which means that before i even knew what a dignified exemplary man hank aaron was, i thought he was the fucking mack.
38245, And once you DID realize what kind of exemplary person he is....
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:54 AM
That's why you realized what kind of disgrace it is that Barry Bonds has a realistic shot at breaking his record.
38246, eh
Posted by bshelly, Fri Mar-31-06 11:05 AM
i'm a little of the "fuck everyone, let barry break his record and make people mad" school. but not because of babe ruth.
38247, See, I wouldn't go that far.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 02:31 PM
As much as I hate Bud Selig and I'd take pleasure from seeing his tenure as commissioner permanently stained by what he's allowed to pass, this goes too far. It starts to hurt many more undeserving individuals than deserving when we're talking about the career home run record and all.
38248, Everybody knows the real HR champ is Japanese
Posted by Call It Anything, Fri Mar-31-06 10:37 AM
Sadaharu Oh hit 868 in his career. I can't wait until Barry gets up around 850 and all the Japanese people who have been quiet so far start lining up in droves to hate on Bonds.
38249, Saduhara hit his HRs off of what's equal to about double-A pitching
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 10:52 AM
If Saduhara Oh's the all-time home run king, than Tuffy Rhodes is a first ballot HOFer.
38250, Josh Gibson
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 10:56 AM
38251, See 158.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 11:01 AM
38252, haha
Posted by will_5198, Fri Mar-31-06 11:04 AM
I got it
38253, Babe Ruth holds one home run record
Posted by Selassie I God, Fri Mar-31-06 03:50 PM
the American league record. Hank Aaron is the only home run king as we live and breathe. For (white) people to continually refer to Ruth's 714 HRs as a "record" is nothing but a pitiful way for them to try to legitimize the pre-black people era of sports as a seperate "good-ole-days" portion of history. If that were not the case, then why is there no reference to the Willie Mays HR record at 660? BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD AT 660. THE RECORD IS 755 HRs.

If there is anyone that thinks that there is no racial undertone (Overtone) to the current witchhunt about steroids/Bonds, just look at how Major League Baseball handled the entire steroid situation. When Ken Caminiti came out in Sports Illustrated and spilled the beans on the rampant abuse of performance enhancing drugs, it barely got a whimper from the owners/media/MLB officials. When McGwire hit 70 HRs, amidst the Andro controversy, barely a peep was heard. Wen Steve Bechler (Orioles Pitcher)died a couple of years ago, it was swept under the rug. Even after Canseco's book came out, it was buried by the MLB initially, until Congress made them come out and voice an opinion. But let someone, mind you that no one has a positive test on, even approach Ruth and his so-called record, the world is about to end and now an investigation has begun. You can't say it's because Bonds is disliked by the media, because McGwire hated the media circus and only became tolerable after Sosa convinced him to go along with it for "the good of the game".

I believe in my heart that bonds knowingly took whatever substances to improve his play, just as i believe that OJ Simpson and Robert Blake had a hand in the demise of the people that they were accused of slaying. But with no solid evidence, you can't put an asterisk next to his name, or omit him from the record book if he passes Aaron. If the investigation is a true unbiased one, then Bonds had better not be the only target, and all of you Bonds haters out ther had better be ready to have 10-20 years worth of records stricken from the books - both hitting and pitching. Sosa, McGwire, Bret Boone, Caminiti, Giambi, and anyone else foung out to be guilty should be stricken equally from th erecords, and if baseball thinks that it can survive after 2 decades worth of its history disappears into thin air, then that just proves that rich people aren't necessarily that intelligent.

As for the commish, if (when) this shitstorm kicks up, nothing less that a resignation will suffice, since this whole era of steroid based cheating occurred under his watch.

"And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not; Behold the Lion of the Tribe of Judah the Root of David hath prevailed..." (Revelation 5:5) Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Rastafari
38254, RE: Babe Ruth holds one home run record
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:02 PM
>the American league record. Hank Aaron is the only home run
>king as we live and breathe. For (white) people to
>continually refer to Ruth's 714 HRs as a "record" is nothing
>but a pitiful way for them to try to legitimize the pre-black
>people era of sports as a seperate "good-ole-days" portion of
>history. If that were not the case, then why is there no
>reference to the Willie Mays HR record at 660? BECAUSE THERE
>IS NO RECORD AT 660. THE RECORD IS 755 HRs.

But there are black people confusing Ruth as the record holder, too.

>I believe in my heart that bonds knowingly took whatever
>substances to improve his play, just as i believe that OJ
>Simpson and Robert Blake had a hand in the demise of the
>people that they were accused of slaying. But with no solid
>evidence, you can't put an asterisk next to his name, or omit
>him from the record book if he passes Aaron. If the
>investigation is a true unbiased one, then Bonds had better
>not be the only target, and all of you Bonds haters out ther
>had better be ready to have 10-20 years worth of records
>stricken from the books - both hitting and pitching. Sosa,
>McGwire, Bret Boone, Caminiti, Giambi, and anyone else foung
>out to be guilty should be stricken equally from th erecords,
>and if baseball thinks that it can survive after 2 decades
>worth of its history disappears into thin air, then that just
>proves that rich people aren't necessarily that intelligent.

You say that as if I'd have a problem with them stringing McGwire, Sosa, Giambi, Canseco and company up by their respective nutsacks. Please, by all means, be my fuckin' guest.

>As for the commish, if (when) this shitstorm kicks up, nothing
>less that a resignation will suffice, since this whole era of
>steroid based cheating occurred under his watch.

I'll drink to that.
38255, OK, but you have to eralize that it goes beyond 4-5 guys
Posted by Selassie I God, Fri Mar-31-06 04:22 PM
It includes, i you want to take Canseco's word for it, 70% of the MLBPA over that period of time. Eliminating that number of stats/people undermines the legitimacy of the sport. That is why I say that if this is a real investigation, and not a wittchhunt for Bonds, MLB had better be ready for some serious ramifications, like further involvement from Congress (like, say, Anti trust laws being enforced, whih no owner wants to see happen). Integrity of the sport has to be maintained in order for it to continue as a viable business.

So, Mr Selig, be very careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.

38256, I do realize it goes beyond 4-5 guys.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:45 PM
And I'm perfectly fine with eliminating 70% of the league if that's what it takes to clean it up.
38257, TO ALL U IGNANT MUHFUCKAS WHO THINK STEROIDS WEREN'T BANNED BEFORE 2003
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 04:05 PM
http://www.businessofbaseball.com/docs/1991Memo_Baseballs_Drug_Policy_And_Prevention_Program.pdf

"Office of the Commissioner
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

June 7, 1991

TO: ALL MAJOR LEAGUE CLUBS

RE: BASEBALL'S DRUG POLICY AND PREVENTION PROGRAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION

This memorandum sets forth Baseball's drug policy and the principal components of our drug abuse program.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL'S DRUG POLICY

The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players or personnel is strictly prohibited. Major League players or personnel involved in the possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance are subject to discipline by the Commissioner and risk permanent expulsion from the game. In addition to any discipline this office may impose, a Club also may take action under applicable provisions of and special covenants to the Uniform Player's Contract.

This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs and controlled substances, including steroids or prescription drugs for which the individual in possession of the drug does not have a prescription.

Sincerely

Francis T. Vincent, Jr.
Commissioner

cc:
League Presidents
Player Relations Committee
Major League Baseball Players Association"

38258, a law without enforcement is pointless
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 04:13 PM
nm
38259, did you lift that from Bush's speech to the UN?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 04:26 PM
>nm
38260, did you think of a reply to refute what i said?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 04:28 PM
nm
38261, so you think international law is pointless?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 04:41 PM
you should get a job in the Bush administration, they're looking for people who think like you.
38262, Don't argue with him Black, he's an "exercise kinesiologist"
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:48 PM
38263, RE: so you think international law is pointless?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 05:12 PM
>you should get a job in the Bush administration, they're
>looking for people who think like you.
>

you can dead all the politics talk cuz i could give two shits about the bush administration.

the bottom line is this: a law or policy without consequences is just window dressing
38264, RE: so you think international law is pointless?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 05:28 PM
>you can dead all the politics talk cuz i could give two shits
>about the bush administration.

But you're using the exact same excuse that they did. The US invasion of Iraq was illegal under international law, but there is no way for anyone to enforce that law on the US, so by your logic they did nothing wrong.

38265, how can you compare this to international law?
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 05:34 PM
if the UN had any real power then they could have enforced the laws, but clearly the UN is nothing more that than USA misspelled. MLB is not the UN, yet they have infinitely more control over their league than the UN has over international crimes. Baseball had the power to enforce their rules but chose not to, so yes, the policy that you posted earlier was pointless.
38266, the same exact principle applies
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 06:02 PM
"a law without enforcement is pointless" - your words.

in both cases there was a law on the books and no way to enforce it. So does that make it OK to go ahead and break the law?

>if the UN had any real power then they could have enforced
>the laws, but clearly the UN is nothing more that than USA
>misspelled. MLB is not the UN, yet they have infinitely more
>control over their league than the UN has over international
>crimes. Baseball had the power to enforce their rules but
>chose not to,

no, MLB did not have the power to enforce the rule because the players' union did not allow testing.

>so yes, the policy that you posted earlier was
>pointless.

1. I posted it because people are still trying to say Barry didn't cheat because there was no rule against steroids in baseball - that is patently FALSE.

2. the policy is not pointless, because if MLB's investigation finds that Bonds used steroids going back to 1999 or whenever then they have legal recourse to penalize him for it.

38267, Whoops, is it just me or did the Kinesiologist just take an L?
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:25 PM
Be a man and just move on already, bitch.
38268, grownups are talking kid. go play with your babe ruth dolly
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 07:03 PM
nm
38269, U mad, doggie
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:05 AM
38270, RE: the same exact principle applies
Posted by s_dot_miles, Fri Mar-31-06 06:31 PM

>in both cases there was a law on the books and no way to
>enforce it. So does that make it OK to go ahead and break the
>law?

of course it doesnt make it Ok. if there was no way to punish murderers, it wouldnt be ok to kill people. what im saying is that you cannot selectively and retroactively correct/enforce the flawed system that baseball had in place. if the UN somehow grew some balls and independence do you think they would go back and punish the US?

>no, MLB did not have the power to enforce the rule because the
>players' union did not allow testing.

the owners chose not to force the issue during the labor talks of the strike shortened 94 season. they could have got stricter testing back then if they had wanted to.

>1. I posted it because people are still trying to say Barry
>didn't cheat because there was no rule against steroids in
>baseball - that is patently FALSE.
>

again, i dont think the issue is whether or not Barry cheated, but rather what can be done about it now. i see peoples point though when they say it wasnt necessarily cheating because everyone in the league had the opportunity to do the same thing and not be punished.

>2. the policy is not pointless, because if MLB's investigation
>finds that Bonds used steroids going back to 1999 or whenever
>then they have legal recourse to penalize him for it.

too bad in the press conference yesterday Selig said they were limiting the investigation from 2002 to the present. since testing started 2002 Bonds has not failed a drug test; so again Baseball cannot and should not go back and punish him (and only him) for using substances that their weak tests did not measure for. and since all of their evidence came from "sealed" court documents, nothing that they do will ever stand up in a court of law. MLB will not be able to independently verify any of the evidence on Boonds.
38271, RE: the same exact principle applies
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 08:29 PM
>of course it doesnt make it Ok. if there was no way to punish
>murderers, it wouldnt be ok to kill people.

Then your principle of "a law without enforcement is pointless" is moot.

>what im saying is
>that you cannot selectively and retroactively correct/enforce
>the flawed system that baseball had in place.

selectively? is there grand jury testimony and mountains of federal documents and other evidence at hand implicating some other player they're not investigating that I'm not aware of?

and retroactively would mean they're going back and holding Bonds accountable for something before there was a rule against it, which is not the case. there's no statute of limitations in baseball for past offenses.

>if the UN
>somehow grew some balls and independence do you think they
>would go back and punish the US?

they should, but by your logic they shouldn't.

>the owners chose not to force the issue during the labor talks
>of the strike shortened 94 season. they could have got
>stricter testing back then if they had wanted to.

Right, because the owners got everything they wanted out of the ensuing labor agreement. You obviously have no idea how powerful the players union is, especially back then.

>again, i dont think the issue is whether or not Barry cheated,
>but rather what can be done about it now.

but that is the issue people are making it into, which is why I posted it.

>i see peoples point
>though when they say it wasnt necessarily cheating because
>everyone in the league had the opportunity to do the same
>thing and not be punished.

so now it's Ken Griffey Jr's fault for NOT using steroids, because he had the opportunity to do it and not be punished?

GTFOOHWTBS. Bonds cheated. Period. End of discussion. Y'all need to accept that fact, get over it, and move on.

>too bad in the press conference yesterday Selig said they were
>limiting the investigation from 2002 to the present.

Too bad Selig actually only *suggested* that the probe would be limited to 2003 onward, but he ACTUALLY gave Mitchell authority to expand the investigation if he found it necessary.

>since
>testing started 2002 Bonds has not failed a drug test; so
>again Baseball cannot and should not go back and punish him
>(and only him) for using substances that their weak tests did
>not measure for.

so if I get stopped by the cops running through the streets high as fuck with some ashy crackhead Tyrone Biggums lips, they go on to get statements from dealers convicted in a crack house raid that I bought rock there, phone tap recordings where my dealer is heard saying that he just sold me 10 vials of crack, financial records obtained with a warrant from my dealer's house documenting my crack purchases over a period of several years, court testimony from my girlfriend stating that I'm a crackhead, and my OWN court testimony where I gave some crackheaded excuse that I "unknowingly" smoked crack thinking it was just baking soda (and that I paid $40,000 CASH for said "baking soda"), the cops got nothing on me because I didn't fail a drug test? yeah ok.

also, Bonds is not the only one being investigated; Selig said the investigation will start with the players linked to the BALCO scandal, which includes Giambi and Sheffield, and as previously mentioned, the lead investigator has the authority to expand the investigation as he sees fit.

>and since all of their evidence came from
>"sealed" court documents, nothing that they do will ever stand
>up in a court of law. MLB will not be able to independently
>verify any of the evidence on Boonds.

Cool, so Bonds might be able to avoid tax fraud and perjury charges or whatever other federal law he broke. Unfortunately MLB has no such restrictions and don't require that their findings stand up in a court of law, and furthermore many of the "sealed" documents in the BALCO case have since become public records, so even if that were the case they'd still have plenty of evidence against him.

Bonds is fucked. Only question is how far are they really willing to push this investigation.

38272, Yes, this policy has been in place since 1991
Posted by Selassie I God, Fri Mar-31-06 04:15 PM
yet how many times have people been tested invoking this policy between 1991 and 2003?

Selectively enforcing the laws isn't justice. It tends to become a method of catching selective groups of people out there when the time is right. No fairness in that. Letting it slide for a decade and then stiffening up the policy when Ruth's so-called record is in jeopardy is in no way fair or just.

38273, then Bonds has been cheating since 1999
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 04:37 PM
>yet how many times have people been tested invoking this
>policy between 1991 and 2003?

Ask the players' union, they're the ones who blocked it.

>Selectively enforcing the laws isn't justice. It tends to
>become a method of catching selective groups of people out
>there when the time is right. No fairness in that. Letting
>it slide for a decade and then stiffening up the policy when
>Ruth's so-called record is in jeopardy is in no way fair or
>just.

Did they stiffen it up when Bonds broke the single-season HR record in 2001? No. Did they stiffen it up when his head inexplicably grew to the size of a sea manitee's? No. Because they had nothing tangible on him then. Since then Bonds has admitted to a grand jury that he 'unknowingly' used steroids and a tremendous amount of corroborating evidence has come to light implicating him. You're getting so caught up in the Ruth thing that you're ignoring all these facts.

38274, White Man's Conspiracy....
Posted by mcdeezjawns, Fri Mar-31-06 04:27 PM
38275, Has Willie Mays made a public statement about this yet?
Posted by TurkeylegJenkins, Fri Mar-31-06 04:45 PM
I'd be really interested to know what Willie has to say about all of this.

Also, di y'all know that Aaron never had a 50+ home run season in his career. Now THAT'S what I call sustained excellence over an extended period of time.

38276, Willie's in his godson's back pocket.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:46 PM
He hasn't said anything, but it's pretty well known. Hell, Willie's practically braindead at this point anyway.
38277, There are some writers who have suggested.....
Posted by TurkeylegJenkins, Fri Mar-31-06 04:52 PM
..... that Mays actually encouraged Barroid to juice in order to protect Aaron's (i.e. the "black") records from cheating scumbags like McGwire.

38278, Wouldn't shock me.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 04:54 PM
Willie's kind of a surly bastard himself.
38279, so, now you gotta discredit an honorable black man like willie ways?
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Mar-31-06 04:58 PM
seriously, will your faggot ass stop at nothing?

barry breaking that record. cry
38280, Might wanna hit the edit button, you forgot to call me a faggot.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:21 PM
38281, He is. I've met him.
Posted by TurkeylegJenkins, Fri Mar-31-06 04:59 PM
He is not a very nice man.

38282, I'm sure he has good reason, most old black men do.
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 06:15 PM
38283, Turk is a twenty-something white guy from Manhattan.
Posted by LiquidDope, Fri Mar-31-06 06:23 PM
Whatever oppression Willie's experienced in his life (which I don't doubt is legit at all), I have a hard time seeing how Turk might be involved in any of it. Willie was probably just being a surly jag.
38284, I know TLJ is a good dude, but since when are old people rational?
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Mar-31-06 07:35 PM
Willie probably looks at him and is reminded of some redneck that called him a name 50 years ago.

I mean seriously, do you expect for those guys to forget everything they went through the majority of their lives just because things have gotten "better" in recent times?
38285, But why that gotta be Turk's fault?
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:07 AM
I mean, if a white guy brushes him off, he's just a jag. But if Willie Mays does it, it's this product of long suppressed oppression and blah blah blah. A jagoff is a jagoff in my eyes, period.
38286, ^^^will never get it
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Apr-01-06 09:42 AM
38287, smh @ some of these ofays
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 11:12 AM
38288, ^^^^^^Will never admit when he's wrong^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 12:46 PM
38289, ^^^comedy coming from HGH and NBA player height expert
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Apr-01-06 01:35 PM
38290, ^^^Believes Tony LaRussa's racist, yet still roots for the Cards
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 02:46 PM
38291, ^^^really reaching
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Apr-01-06 03:30 PM
38292, ^^^really spinning
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:09 PM
Are you trying to deny you once called Tony LaRussa a racist because he benched Ozzie Smith's old, black ass for Royce Clayton's young, yellow ass or am I just making that shit up out of thin air?
38293, stop taking notes on nigguhs post
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sun Apr-02-06 08:24 AM
snitchass ofay
38294, ^^^^^^^^^Think he might be a lil obsessed?^^^^^^^^^
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 08:48 AM
38295, old Willie hates your guts! © Chris Rock
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Mar-31-06 05:13 PM
38296, run up on willie mays if you want to - andre 3000
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Mar-31-06 09:50 PM
that old man got a straight razor in his pocket, calls it the Klan Killer

old Black men are abt the most adamantly hateful ppl on the planet

& they got a reason - remy martin

38297, he said "i ain't no SNITCH"
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 09:28 AM
38298, Bill Cosby's never said the word cracker in his life
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 09:41 AM
38299, how would you know, saltine?
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 10:06 AM
38300, Now we just need to teach you the importance of capitalization.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 10:13 AM
38301, huh?
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 11:13 AM
38302, It's what you're supposed to do w/ the 1st letter of the sentence.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 12:47 PM
38303, ohhh, thank you charlie
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sat Apr-01-06 01:31 PM
38304, Actually, it's Trevor.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sat Apr-01-06 02:47 PM
But you're welcome, nonetheless.
38305, ^^^ Shortbread cookie eating faggot
Posted by HecticHavoc, Sun Apr-02-06 04:45 PM
nm
38306, Oh, that's nice. He created an alias just to piss me off.
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Apr-02-06 06:15 PM
38307, not me, get off of my dick charlie
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Sun Apr-02-06 09:39 PM
38308, NY Times swipe: the "investigation" misses the point
Posted by smutsboy, Sat Apr-01-06 01:28 PM
The New York Times Opinion
Op-Ed Contributor

An Outside-the-Park Investigation
By BUSTER OLNEY
Published: April 1, 2006

IN 1996, when I was covering baseball for The Baltimore Sun, I approached a prominent player and asked him about the assumption that many scouts had been making about him: he was taking steroids.

The slugger angrily denied the suggestion, and with no evidence linking him to steroid use, I didn't print a word about the exchange. I had no proof.

For years — beginning in 1989, in fact — I had heard executives, scouts and players speculate about steroid use. In the same way we chatted about a pitcher's control or a fielder's range, we talked about which players might be using steroids. I talked with colleagues about ways of reporting the story, but always it came back to this: No smoking gun. No specific link. No story.

In the spring of 2002, I wrote an article for The Times quoting general managers on the record about what effect, if any, possible steroid use had on contract offers. I felt good about the article, until this thought hit me: I could've written the same piece six years earlier. Even if I hadn't been able to get the specifics, I could have done a better job of reporting how people in baseball thought the game was being changed by performance-enhancing drugs.

I had a role in baseball's institutional failure during what will be forever known as the Steroid Era. But I was only part of the problem, because just about everyone in baseball is to blame: the big league and minor league steroid users; the clean players who said nothing for too long; the players association leaders, Don Fehr and Gene Orza; and, of course, the baseball owners and Commissioner Bud Selig.

That's why it seems farcical that Selig is only now opening an investigation into steroid use — an investigation prompted by a book, "Game of Shadows," that accuses Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants of using steroids.

And that's why it will be doubly farcical if the inquiry, led by George Mitchell, in the end focuses only on Bonds and a handful of other players. It would be like laying all the blame for Iran-contra on Oliver North.

For a steroid investigation to be credible, it would have to look at all of baseball: not just the players, but the league and the union as well. The inquiry would have to determine what Major League Baseball and union officials knew, and when they knew it.

After all, the evidence was there. In 1988 — the same year that the Olympic sprinter Ben Johnson was stripped of a gold medal for steroid use — The Washington Post's Thomas Boswell reported that his sources told him Jose Canseco used steroids. In 1995, The Los Angeles Times quoted Frank Thomas and Tony Gwynn, star players at the time, and two general managers about the growing steroid problem. Selig himself was quoted in the same article, saying, "If baseball has a problem, I must say candidly that we are not aware of it."

In 1998, Mark McGwire acknowledged his use of androstenedione, a steroid precursor. By 2002, there were admissions of steroid use from players, beginning with Ken Caminiti, who later died at age 41 after years of drug and alcohol abuse. The anecdotal evidence of the prevalence of steroids — the suddenly cartoonish jawlines and foreheads — was overwhelming, and yet the commissioner never started an investigation.

Selig wasn't alone in his willingness to turn a blind eye. The players association, the most powerful and influential entity within the sport during the Steroid Era, was extraordinarily lax in protecting the practical interests of the clean players, many of whom felt competitive pressure to use the drugs.

Wally Joyner, who broke in at about the same time as McGwire, Canseco, Rafael Palmeiro and others, revealed last fall that in the spring of 1998, he came face to face with a choice: Use steroids, or fall behind and perhaps out of the game. Joyner's offensive numbers were falling while those of his peers were exploding, even as they entered their 30's. So Joyner tried steroids, taking them twice before flushing the rest of the pills down a toilet.

Joyner was not an exception. In 2002, USA Today polled more than 500 players anonymously and 79 percent indicated they favored steroid testing — with 44 percent saying they felt pressure to take steroids. Yet the union did little if anything to support these athletes, to explore how the cheaters were affecting the choices of players who wanted to stay clean.

To investigate Bonds, or just a handful of superstars, would be a mistake. If there is going to be an independent steroid investigation, if baseball truly wants answers, the actions of everyone from Bonds to Selig to Fehr must be subject to scrutiny. And if that's not going to happen, there's no point in investigating anything at all.

Buster Olney, who covered the Yankees for The Times, writes for ESPN the Magazine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/opinion/01olney.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
38309, ... and his name rhymes with "Grady Sanderson"
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Apr-01-06 03:01 PM
>IN 1996, when I was covering baseball for The Baltimore Sun, I
>approached a prominent player and asked him about the
>assumption that many scouts had been making about him: he was
>taking steroids.
>
>The slugger angrily denied the suggestion, and with no
>evidence linking him to steroid use, I didn't print a word
>about the exchange. I had no proof.

... way to keep it totally anonymous, Buster.
38310, hahahaha. i know right?
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Apr-02-06 10:21 AM
>>IN 1996, when I was covering baseball for The Baltimore Sun,
>I
>>approached a prominent player and asked him about the
>>assumption that many scouts had been making about him: he
>was
>>taking steroids.
>>
>>The slugger angrily denied the suggestion, and with no
>>evidence linking him to steroid use, I didn't print a word
>>about the exchange. I had no proof.
>
>... way to keep it totally anonymous, Buster.
>