Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectyou creating disagreement where there is none
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=36175&mesg_id=36378
36378, you creating disagreement where there is none
Posted by bshelly, Wed Feb-01-06 11:04 AM
>
>Simmons' viewpoints are more indicative of the consensus, and
>INFLUENCE the consensus, far more than Basaglia's viewpoints.
>
>
>I feel embarassed even having to shoot down that comparison.

It's a relevant comparison because I'm talking about the reaction on this board. In case you hadn't noticed, we care a wee bit more about zeke related topics than the rest of the world does. the rest of the world generally acknowledges that which is indisputable, which is that zeke is a wretched, wretched general manager.

>Kevin Mchale comitted illegal acts that completely ruined the
>T-Wolves for many years. The only reason Mchale's error didn't
>make them as bad as the Knicks is because the T-Wolves already
>had a mega star who is used to carrying the load and making a
>poor team over achieve year after year. Zeke didn't walk into
>the Knicks with Garnett. Mchale did walk into the T-Wolves
>with Garnett. Mchale is the criminal and crook, however he
>gets none of Zeke's hate.

See, you're setting up straw men again. Just this week I cosigned a post saying McHale is an awful GM. He's bad. He's also nowhere close to as bad as Zeke. We could go move by move for a comparison, but I have class in two minutes. Suffice to say Zeke GM'd teams have never made the conference finals. McHale was at least able to surround Garnett with passable talent once. Does that make him a good GM? No, he's awful. But he's not as bad as Zeke.

Before you say it, yes, Danny Ainge is making a run at Zeke status. But you need a consistent, years long record before you can attain that. Ainge has the raw potential, however.

>Problem is, most of Zeke's bad moves were desperate BECAUSE A
>WORSE GM preceded him, which COMPLETELY handcuffed his
>freedom.

"Layden is worse than Zeke" is not a slam dunk. In fact, from the prespective of someone who pays passing attention to the knicks, it's emminently debatably. But I'm not qualified to have that debate. Neither are you, because you don't watch sports. Let the real Knicks fans sort that out.