Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: 3 Things
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=36175&mesg_id=36223
36223, RE: 3 Things
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Feb-03-06 11:52 PM
>1. He HAS shown that he's playing better, and he's shed 35 lbs
>in comparison to the guy we traded away, who's gained weight.

How, by having a good game last week followed by an awful game and 2 blah games? He's still crazy inconsistent offensively, still can't rebound for shit and still can't play D.

>He's outplayed the guy we traded away

yeah but we also traded away a lottery pick this year and a potential lottery pick next year, and we gave him a $60 million contract to boot. I don't see how the moderate difference in production between Curry and Sweetney is worth all that.

>2. This year's lottery isn't necessarily chock full of great
>ballers...outside of Redick, Morrison, and Williams, it's not
>really a good draft at all (If this were 2003, I would be
>HEATED)

Well seeing as how the Knicks have the 3nd worst record in the league right now, it's a pretty good chance they'll get one of the top 3 picks. not to mention that if they get a good lottery pick next year it'll probably go to Chicago (and Greg Oden should be in the draft next year)

>If you consider that worse, then we'll just have to disagree
>then. But since this years draft isn't strong, and Curry has
>already outplayed Brown, I can't say that drafting Kwame Brown
>with the #1 overall pick was a BETTER move than the Curry
>deal.

No, what I said was it *might* turn out almost as bad or maybe even worse in the end. Obviously it remains to be seen who gets drafted with the picks traded away in the deal, but with Curry not progressing as hoped and the Knicks stinking up the court and lining up for a top lottery pick that'll just go to Chicago it's looking pretty bad.