Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectengland v portugal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=3223&mesg_id=3428
3428, england v portugal
Posted by UncleClimax, Thu Jun-24-04 07:21 AM
yeah i caved in and bought it.

half time thoughts:

the goal was luck. jorge andrade shouldve called costinha off, or costinha shouldnt have gone for it if he wasnt going to head it firmly..disastrous.

rooney hurt...that sucks...but vassell's worked hard since he's come on..and he's fast too, so u dont lose much in terms of speed..but he doesnt have the killer instinct in front.

beckham is playing soo centrally...i find it funny for some reason..gerrard is the boss...he is running everywhere..he's killin shit..too bad he has the yellow..i could see him getting a red before the game's over if he isnt very careful.

maniche looked dangerous early. he's quited down though

deco has been a bit off..he might come back with a vengeance in the 2nd. figo has been doing okay, but he and deco's free kicks have been horrible.

ronaldo should play on the left..he can exploit beckham and neville's relative lack of speed..cole can at least match ronaldo for speed...and he has experience against ronaldo (not that neville doesnt but...)

somehow i think portugal need a 2nd striker...if it stays like this, costinha or maniche or even one of the central defenders could come off late for someone...postiga i guess.

but i think portugal will put a lot of pressure on england, a la france..and i fear that england will start to do what they did in that game, and just punt the ball up the field instead of trying to really play. and eventually they'll cave and portugal will score.

it'll be interesting. sol campbell is a beast.