Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectItaly beat Italy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=3223&mesg_id=3320
3320, Italy beat Italy
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-22-04 11:45 AM
Italy were gone in the first game when Totti completely lost it, tried to take a Danish bloke's leg off, and then gobbed in someone else's face. And even if UEFA didn't have this ridiculous format for splitting teams, they would have still been third on goal difference.

Although having lost money on a bet for an Italy - France final, I haven't laughed so hard at the end of a match since England-France (mainly because I'd been smoking all night and just knew that France would win). When Sweden made it 2-2, I said to my mate "Imagine if Italy score now and think they've qualified...wouldn't that be hilarious?" 10 seconds later, they do. And it was. No disrespect, but it's always a pleasure to see a big team fall on their arse when it's not one of yours. God, I love Football...

I'm now off to the 24-hour Tescos to panic-buy Italian tomatoes, seeing as there won't be many left when the Azurri arrive at the airport...