Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: you kind of disproved your point in your explanation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=29644&mesg_id=29871
29871, RE: you kind of disproved your point in your explanation
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Jan-16-06 02:19 AM
>actually..what the Colts did today...is the same thing they've
>done over the years when put in this same type of
>circumstance......
yes, and every time they STICK WITH THE RUN, they succeed.

>Their style of play has them locked in to a
>certain format...and they cannot easily come out of that.
they very well CAN easily come out of that. their best sustained drive was the one in which edge touched the ball 8-10 times. even though they just got a field goal out of it, if they had been doing that the entire game, it would have been totally different. but their playcaller wanted to be mr strategy.

>I agree...but that's not choking to me...that's having a
>system set up for failure....I mean....I've heard a few hall
>of famers same that Johnny Unitas was the best play caller in
>the history of the NFL....the current Colts QB is not a good
>play caller...and I say that now...and I said it when he was
>breaking Marino's record....
how isn't it choking when the plays you call aren't even completed? i mean i could understand if the passes weren't getting much yards but did you see how many OVERTHROWS he had? it was atrocious.

>So is Peyton Manning the only guy who is responsible for
>making that adjustment???
well, as the one who calls the play he's chiefly responsible

>and if he is..That's even further
>proof that something is wrong in the bigger picture....
the only thing that's wrong is the kool aid flowing freely through javier lopez's veins

>actually...I wouldn't question the mental toughness...if a guy
>wants to take it all on himself...I wouldn't question his
>toughness....
i mean obviously in the NFL most any player "wants" to take the load when the time calls for it, but how they perform in adversity is the best measure of that. when they started to get down early, he made the same sorry ass face he makes EVERY TIME THEY GET WORKED IN THE PLAYOFFS.

>the thing is that this has now happened multilple times over
>the years, and they get too drunk off all the hype of TD
>passes to see that there is something inherently wrong with
>their system...
won't disagree with you on that, but everything was in their favor this year. no injuries, homefield, best record, etc etc. had they stayed faithful to the run and not panicked, could have been different.
but king bitch got nervous, flustered, had HAPPY feet, couldn't make early throws to save his life, then finally woke up in the 4th quarter. i'm sorry but i can't blame that all on a system that work 85% of the time. if he's a perennial MVP for calling all the plays, he needs ot take the brunt of it when shit doesn't go right and when the OFFENSE isn't putting up points.