Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectIf 2005's gonna be worth anything other than Kyle's baptism under fire
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=29305&mesg_id=29628
29628, If 2005's gonna be worth anything other than Kyle's baptism under fire
Posted by LiquidDope, Sun Sep-11-05 09:46 PM
They have to beat the Lions next week. And I'm not just saying that because we have a giant wad of Lion dopes here who's Bears hate surpasses the combined amount of their Packer and Vikings hate seemingly for no good reason and beating the Lions would probably mean we wouldn't hear from ELee, rj, & company for at least the next six months. You can't have a team this young (and not just young, but young in all the most vital positions, starting rookie QB, rookie RB and WR who will both probably be starting by the end of October themselves), go 0-2, and expect to have a realistic shot of making the playoffs. Not even in this pathetic division (this might just be football's version of the NL West; the Crackers are finally done, the Queens haven't bought enough talent to overcome the fact that they're coached by a giant meathead, meatball dumbass, and the Lions aren't a threat to anything serious as long as Joey Harrington is the same ole' mediocre Princess Joey I've been watching for three years coming into this one like I saw him today). If they lose next week, the words "Bears" and "playoffs" can't be used in the same sentence at least until the beginning of the 2006 free agent signing period.