Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectEven in defeat, there's a great lesson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=24908&mesg_id=25313
25313, Even in defeat, there's a great lesson
Posted by lionhawk, Mon Apr-25-05 07:50 AM
I hold my head high, this series is far from over. Word to remember about playoff basketball: ADJUSTMENTS.

Gilbert will bounce back with a vengence. He has to learn how to play when he is double teamed. He didn't face that all season. His decision making was poor.

Antawn is still gimpy. He doesn't have that same bounce in his step. He's gonna have to suck it up.

Larry, he's focused. He has so much confidence right now. I expect this from him, he's a 7 year vet.

Brendan was playing very hard in the first half but we need more from our starting center.

Juan. He has a fire in his eyes. He's used to big games and can be a great spark of the bench, but he's a shooter and sometimes forces his shot.

Kwame. He actually played like he had some heart. He was knocking down the open 15-footer. He attacked the baskets. He was getting boards. Again, he showed flashes, and then he gets hurt. UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. When he went down, all I could think was "The Curse of Lez Boulez" I'm gonna be optimistic and say the kid is back by game 3 at home. That's his last chance, I think.

And of course, our DEFENSE. We have to rotate better on the perimeter. We can't let Hinrich penetrate and get easy lay-ups. We need a big man to step up and BANG down low.

I think Eddie will make the necessary adjustments and we'll steal game 2. We need to win three straight. We can't afford to lose a home game.