Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWhen Will the "Juan" Hate Stop?!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=24908&mesg_id=24919
24919, When Will the "Juan" Hate Stop?!?
Posted by GdChil1, Thu Feb-24-05 09:14 AM
>Easy Jesus (Jordan) is "coachin' em up" pretty decent. He
>basically is letting Arenas and Jamison run the offense with
>few set plays -- which is good because it lowers the need
>for high b-ball IQ (I.E. all them complex plays that be
>fuckin Da Swami up...who's back).

If we win 50+ games, he gets coach of the year...if we don't, he gets an honorable mention.

>Two Tons of Fun Thomas is back (Etan). He's a total freaking
>monster down there. Just wish he was a tad bit taller and
>stronger.

He's a good defender, solid offensive player (within 1 ft. of the basket), and good rebounder. I can't argue that.

>Play That Funky Music Blake, sad to say, is a better player
>than his Terp teammate Don Juan. I mean I like Dixon's
>offense but his inability to shut down scoring on the other
>side hinders my heralding.
>

Did Juan cut you off in traffic or steal your girl or something? I'm saying doggie, you've had mad "hate hate hate" on the kid and he's put up solid numbers this year (actually every year he's played). Field goal percentage wise he's the best shooter on the team (excluding big men) with very limited minutes. Blake is a solid point guard and will get better as he gets more accustomed to the NBA game (don't look for him to put up big points), he's more of a Jason Kidd type player (pass first score last).

>Associated Press (Peeler) is a good locker room guy and
>probably will be a coach in this leauge in 10 years or so.

Love this guy, always have. Good move as far as maturity is concerned (damn I didn't realize we have a really young team)

>Jared "Fats" Jefferies...he's up and down right now. But to
>be 7 foot and handle the rock that well, he's a rarity. I
>like the kid's heart.

This kid is our Tashawn Prince. For real. 7ft ball handler, good outside shot. He just needs to work on his inside skills more. No 7ft'r should be shooting as many outside shots as he does (save for Dirk).

>Brendan "Meat" Haywood. I want to root for ol TurtleFace but
>I just can't. Not without guilt.

I could go either way with Haywood. On one hand, the kid hustles on the other hand he slacks tremendously (when they don't pass him the ball). I've met him in person and he has this kind of stand offish personality with him (when things go wrong he likes to blame others).

>Mike "Head" Ruffin tho. Young, Ruffin's the kind of guy we
>NEED. That bamma has no sense of an offensive game...but
>he's the best "little things" player we have.

I'd take a Ruffin anyday over some of the other overpriced bammas we've signed around here. You can see this kid actually working for his paycheck...dude doesn't waste a foul...lol

>F all ya'll...I still root for Da Swami (Brown)

Feel me on this. I want him to show up, really I do. And for us to even fathom a championship or winning a playoff series he needs to contribute significantly. He is too tall, too strong, too gifted not to play to the level that WE all know he can. He just doesn't have a good work ethic at all. The kid lacks desire and heart and those are things you can't teach or preach...it comes from within. Until he does some soul searching to decide if he wants to be remembered as the first high school kid drafted number one or a great center, there's nothing anyone or any team can do.

>So I smell playoffs easily...but damn Philly for getting
>Webber. Makes them tougher to play. WE STILL CANNOT PLAY
>INTERIOR D!

I don't count my chickens before they hatch. I'll go on record as saying if we win 40 games, we should be a lock for the playoffs. But then again, we lost to New Orleans for crying out loud...we can't lose those kind of games.

>But am I a proud Wiz fan? The proudest on these here boards.

I'll give you #2