Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWhats funny.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=18698&mesg_id=18719
18719, Whats funny.
Posted by NazDak, Sun Apr-08-01 05:16 PM
I got home just in time to catch the fight last night. I had a feeling it was going to be on...and thank god it was delayed about 45 minutes, or I would have missed it. I'm not a fan of hamed. I honestly think he isnt that good. Not because he lost last night, but I've thought that since the first or second time I saw him.
I knew barerra would beat him. I only thought he'd knock him out in about 8 rounds. I was disappointed, but i'm still glad he won. What I dont understand is how people can really believe this guy "prince" is the second coming or something. A guy who, before last night, had only fought one notable opponent in a *past his prime* Kevin Kelly. KELLY had him eating the canvas, so how would hamed ever beat a guy like barrera? I guy IN his prime, who can REALLY fight...and has DEFENSE?
I've never gone for the flashy type fighters who speak more with their feet than their fists. Hamed is just that. A guy that has to stand and look hard in a BOXING match is punk through and through. Stand, Smile when you get the shit knocked out of you, pose when the bell rings, but praise allah when you lose. Give me a break.

"But Ali did all those things...and nobody cant say HE wasnt great!!"

Please.

Check out his resume...not just HOW he fought..but WHO he fought. Thats the difference.

You can sprinkle gold dust on top of shit, and it will look like a really pretty golden brick. But beneath all that shiny stuff...it will still be a stinky, worthless piece of shit.
Peace,
Naz

Http://www.bluechip-productions.com
BlueChip Productions, LLC.