Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThe Lakers will repeat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=18670
18670, The Lakers will repeat
Posted by apollocreed, Sun Apr-08-01 05:28 PM
Proof today indicates their dominance. Look at them. They have kobe, shaq, and phil. phil is the king of crap players. Remember the bulls, they hired someone just to REBOUND! You may want to call them role players, but to me they do their job, get little or no credit(ego stroke to superstars), and are cheap labor. The only team that can put together some wins against them is San Antonio. I may see them winning with homefield advantage, but thats it. I'm a sixers fan but reality bites and all i see is repeat. The Lakers weakness is at pf and pg. Horace Grant's d has been a bonus to kind of help the equation but punishment there is the key. Someone also needs to smother fisher to cough up the ball for turnovers and scores. What team can do that effectively?
18671, Don't see them getting past SA
Posted by NSZ, Sun Apr-08-01 08:27 PM
'Not merely a concrete test of the underlying principles of the great republic is the Negro Problem, and the spiritual striving of the freedmen's sons is the travail of souls whose burden is almost beyond the measure of their strength, but the name of this land of their fathers' fathers, and in the name of human opportunity'-- W.E.B. Du Bois
18672, yeah right
Posted by sexymf, Mon Apr-09-01 02:20 AM
Even at full strength they can't beat San Antonio, and if Harp doesn't come back injury free, they ain't going nowhere.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

18673, RE: yeah right
Posted by apollocreed, Mon Apr-09-01 06:01 AM
come on...shaq has always had the admirals number...the x factor in that series is tim duncan...you forgot kobe...his killer instinct...both him and shaq finish games...peep last years playoff performance
18674, last year
Posted by sexymf, Mon Apr-09-01 06:47 AM
means nothing, because they aren't last year's team. And Tim is more than an x-factor he is the man on that team, and considering how weak LA's frontline is, the Admiral will create huge problems. The last time these two teams played at full strength in the playoffs, the Spurs swept y'all, but again that means nothing.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

18675, you can keep saying that to
Posted by Shelly, Mon Apr-09-01 05:08 AM
yourself, but it ain't gonna happen. :)

the Kings are going to win. Sixers are going to be Eastern Conference Champs, they may take the Western Conference champ to a game Seven, but they don't have the big man or the second scorer they need to pull it off.
18676, San Antonio All the Way
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-09-01 05:26 AM
The Lakers have proven that they cannot play as a team and they will continue to do so this year. And the King's don't stand a chance. A Championship isn't won with flash or big money players, it's all about stability and teamwork. You have to win consistently to get through the playoffs and no other team has the ability to do that but the Spurs.

Russell
18677, I don't think
Posted by Shelly, Mon Apr-09-01 06:03 AM
Sac's all flash. I think they are a good strong team. The problem with San Antonio age. If it came down to Sac and SA in the Western Finals I'll put my money on Sacramento.
18678, RE: you can keep saying that to
Posted by apollocreed, Mon Apr-09-01 06:04 AM
which one of those guys are guarding shaq...vlade?...thats funny...horace grant can hold cwebb to about 20 ive seen it this season...kobe will be tough for pedja to defend...but its kobe
shaq smashes
kobe slashes
the end.
18679, Fakers don't have
Posted by Shelly, Mon Apr-09-01 06:07 AM
team unity. Whne they are off they are off. Unless they come back together fast, they are done.

Look at the previous years, every time there's fighting between Shaq and Kobe they lose.
18680, Spurs vs. Sixers
Posted by KayDee, Mon Apr-09-01 05:50 AM

right now, I can't even see the Lakers beating the Kings in a playoff series.
18681, Sixers ???
Posted by Shelly, Mon Apr-09-01 06:05 AM
With the return of Alonzo Mourning , I'm very skeptical about the SIxers chances now. I like them and hope they win, but they have a fight on their hands coming out of the East. And don't sllep on NY.