Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectDid 2011 not happen?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=108297&mesg_id=108353
108353, Did 2011 not happen?
Posted by Jayson Willyams, Mon Sep-16-13 12:00 PM
The Raiders, Cowboys, Vikings, Panthers, Tampa games that year don't count? He has 8 comeback wins in his career, all of which has been spent on the least-disciplined team in the league, with one of the worst coaching staffs, with THE worst special teams, and one of the worst secondaries. Why is your benchmark for QB play batting 1.000 in close games?

How many passes did he put in the hands or breadbasket of Pettigrew and Bell in the 2nd half yesterday, just to have them drop the ball? How many times was Peterson allowed to just rake the shit out of Calvin's arms or twist him around by the jersey? How many penalties wiping out big plays or big stops? How many times will the refs call an obvious hold against Suh's blocker? (zero. ZERO. For the rest of his goddamned career.) How many FGs can one man miss? How many drives do we have to start inside our own 10? In fact, here are the starting yardlines on all our drives yesterday.

We had better-than-a-touchback field position ONE TIME in the entire game, and that was the 21-yard-line.

For the second straight week, we had a strip-sack negated by a penalty. Speaking of which, you remember all those yellow flags yesterday, right? How many were directed at Stafford?

It's a broken record at this point. Stafford plays well enough to win. Team self-destructs around him in every way possible. Idiot fans blame Stafford. So he threw a 3-yard pass on 4th and 4. Maybe it's because everyone who ran beyond the 4 had already had a litany of drive-killing drops in the second half. Maybe the only (not-double-covered) guy he trusted to make a catch and a play was Burleson. Mathieu made a huge stop. But Burleson has made a career out of taking a short pass and making one guy miss.

I honestly wanted to start ordering the people I blame before Stafford to make my point, but rest assured, I'd be in double-digits before I got to him.

He HAS gotten it done in the 4th before. Many times. But you act like he's 0-for-infinity in his career in close games or something. It's baffling. I'm done, I'm pissed off enough at that game, I don't need this.