Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectdid I miss Magic as a GM? do Mike's flaws as an exec seem like the ones
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=107474&mesg_id=107542
107542, did I miss Magic as a GM? do Mike's flaws as an exec seem like the ones
Posted by Bombastic, Tue May-07-13 01:50 PM
that would plague a guy like Grant Hill?

It's kinda ridiculous how out-of-your-way a few of y'all are going to pretend that GrantfuckingHill is somehow a reach as an NBA exec.

When you're of a certain stature, are known as a cerebral dude & also were a Hall of Fame (or close) player than you don't need to wait in the same line as others, that's just how it is.

Do people really think Grant Hill wouldn't hire some capologist/metrics guy or guys to work alongside him while he makes the final calls & heads up the franchise face in the media/with-fans/etc?

Didn't Larry Bird get both Head Coach & President Of Basketball Operations gigs without having a french lick of experience in those areas?

Didn't he delegate & do kinda ok in both of them, while not being as good with the media or being considered very intellectual?

I would hire Grant Hill to GM the Sixers right today & feel pretty confident he'd be better than anyone we had in the seat since......well, my entire life basically.