Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI think Luke's GS experience is being downplayed too much.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=107175&mesg_id=107279
107279, I think Luke's GS experience is being downplayed too much.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Apr-26-16 01:54 PM
He’s got a nice lil resume. Nothing off the charts until his HC stint this past year, but with UOM and the D-Fenders he’s got a recent track record dealing with young, developing players.

I think the GS experience is being downplayed in a big way. I think there are enough similarities in the construction of our key pieces going forward that he can apply some of that mojo to this team. I’m under no delusions that Randle and JC will turn into Draymond or Klay defensively but Steph is an interesting blueprint for Dlo to follow and adding another GS guy like Harrison Barnes in the offseason (not unlikely, though I’m not crazy about the likely cost of acquisition) could help us tremendously over the next few years.

I think your Luke/Messina combo idea is perfect for this team personally. Two guys from two organizations who represent the class of the modern pro basketball game would be the best we could realistically hope for. Both guys would presumably bring a culture and current credibility that nobody else on that list really has. To honest I’m not crazy about anyone on the list after Luke, Messina, and Ollie. I get a knot in my stomach every time I encounter Jeff Van Gundy’s name in relation to the Lakers.

Frankly I think Luke would be warmly welcomed by most LA fans.