Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI've always hated the Cleveland franchises...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=106321&mesg_id=106336
106336, I've always hated the Cleveland franchises...
Posted by Marbles, Wed Aug-20-14 04:00 PM

I grew up a Laker fan. I idolized Magic and that's where my allegiance will always stay. Growing up in Ohio, the Cavs were the only NBA squad. But I lived an hour & a half from Indianapolis & 4 hours from Cleveland. I never felt any type of loyalty to the Cavs at all.

But Lebron came to play against my rival high school during his senior year. I went to peep it and see what the hype was about.

I was sold immediately. The kid was the truth.

So when Cleveland drafted him, I had to begrudgingly pay attention to them. It's tough to say I was rooting for them but by rooting for Lebron, I pretty much was.

I have a ton of friends in Cleveland. And the way they acted after The Decision was shameful. It set my Cavaliers-hate going again.

So here we are and I'm still a fan of Lebron. I love his game & love watching him play. He's got his rings and has proven himself to be a great player. So I'll watch and probably root for him again. But it'll be easier to not root for the Cavs this time around.

And on top of this...I really do love the city of Cleveland.