Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectFeels backup-y.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=106063
106063, Feels backup-y.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-23-15 03:44 PM
Not in love with his jumper (though his floater and his array of moves off the dribble are things of beauty), definitely not in love with his defense. I guess people are calling him a better defensive prospect than Jones because of the number of steals and his wingspan, but he did a lot of standing around and watching in the games I watched-- more interested in passing lanes than staying in front of his man.

Only okay in terms of quickness, and definitely not strong-- but he's a winner and a leader and all-around a savvy floor general. I wonder if he'd be shooting up lottery boards like I've seen (I saw someone had him as high as 8 and 9, which feels obscene to me) if he'd played against better competition, because his efficiency offensively against one of the worst SOSes in the league feels inflated, and his team's overall pretty poor defensive efficiency is... alarming, to put it mildly.

If he can actually get it going defensively, he can maybe start-- but I can't bet on a PG to start if he's not a consistent 3 point threat, not especially quick or strong, and not a great defender. I feel like you have to have at least *one* of these things to stay starting.