Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectHe'll obviously stick. Solid player.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=105994
105994, He'll obviously stick. Solid player.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-21-15 12:40 PM
I'm not as high as others. I'm concerned what he'll do when he can't simply bully his way around offensively. Too often in college, he'd bully his way to the rim one-handed, but even then in college at the rim he really struggled. I'm not convinced he will be able to create separation in isolation at the next level either, nor am I convinced his passing is good enough to make him a versatile weapon on the wing. Defensively he was on and off as well-- he's got the tools on both sides, and it's easy to fall in love with his potential on both sides, because it's evident in flashes. He's got a really high floor too, just because of his positional size, his speed for his size, and his ability to draw fouls largely due to his size. He could get double digit points per game and have half of them come from FTs, and I wouldn't be surprised. Totally open to the suggestion that he maxes out his potential and becomes an All-Star (I wouldn't fight anyone like Shawn who is insistent that he'll continue to grow), and he's super young so the concerns don't *really* concern me-- I just didn't see enough in those flashes to lead me to believe he'll develop the handles and the passing and the shooting and the consistency necessary for him to max out who he can become.