Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectAll-Star. Should be a franchise player.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=105859
105859, All-Star. Should be a franchise player.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jun-20-15 12:02 AM
We only got tastes this year due to just north of 20 mpg (only got the 7th most minutes per game on his team! the possible #1 pick!), so I don't want to get into statistics projections. TRBO is probably right that his upside is likely the highest, but he doesn't yet have the polish of an Okafor or a Russell, so his downside is potentially higher than those two (though since they're both All-Star caliber players, that isn't really saying much).

It's hard to tell just how high his upside goes due to the platoon though. He was never doubled nearly as much as previous UK bigs (Randle wishes he'd had that much space to operate), and he's also not the freak athlete that guys like Davis and Noel were. He does, however, have really nice shooting form, a strong feel for the game, a good motor, and exceptional rebounding ability. I want to see what his body looks like in a couple of years before I really can tell just how good he'll be-- but I'll bet heavy on him.

If he can get stronger in his legs/hips, he could be tough to deal with inside and out for NBA defenders. Some people are saying to use him as a 4, but he's such a good rebounder and he's got such a big frame, it'd be a shame not to see what he can do as a 5, adding some improved foot work and improved post moves to his already nice jumper/mid-range game.