Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMaybe -
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104453&mesg_id=104498
104498, Maybe -
Posted by inpulse, Thu Feb-05-15 09:27 PM
I do train (MMA, BJJ, kickboxing - 5 years experience). I would never take fighting Rhonda lightly, and I'm not certain I could beat her in a street fight. Maybe if I was on point that day, and she was at her worst, I'd feel pretty good about it.

The main issue is I would never clinch with her. Never. My striking was much better than hers when she first started, but every time she fights it's exponentially better, and I couldn't say for sure now. Not to mention, most of her fights are so short we don't get to see it.

I've sparred with several amateur and pro female fighters who are nowhere near Rhonda's level. Smaller doesn't necessarily mean lesser, isn't automatically a weakness, and I've learned that the hard way. I also want to say the ONLY time Rhonda weighs 135 is the day she weighs in for a fight. No other time. In a normal street fight, she'd likely be at her normal weight, which I'd wager is around 160+.

For an idea of how irrelevant weight can be in a street fight with a trained MMA fighter, look for Roger Huerta's club altercation. And Roger Huerta was nowhere near as successful as Rhonda.