Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThe undersized lungs kill his stock for me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104182&mesg_id=104439
104439, The undersized lungs kill his stock for me.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jun-14-14 06:59 PM
He's got lotto talent, but he couldn't even play 30 minutes per game in a college season! How is he going to get anything close to starter minutes, much less strong bench player minutes, over an 82+ game season? It affects his durability, his effort at times, and unless you're simply shopping for 15 minutes a game for the whole time he's under contract, I don't know that I'd rely on him as a first rounder. There aren't guys at the bottom of the first with more talent, but there are guys with upside, and there are guys that can give minutes.

The right team could find a way to wring value from him (Clippers as a Blake backup?), but his health condition scares me big time. It's the reason why he never lived up to the hype during his whole MSU stint, and the reason why he was plagued by inconsistency.

Which sucks, cuz when he's on and he's going, he's a lot of fun to watch, and he's a really gifted shooter for his size.