Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectTweener risk, raw offensively, but defensively alone worth a high pick.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104182&mesg_id=104306
104306, Tweener risk, raw offensively, but defensively alone worth a high pick.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-13-14 02:09 PM
Even if the dude never becomes more than a dunker/put-back guy on offense, he can change your team immediately defensively. He's fast as shit for his size, laterally terrific-- could guard 2 guards or centers, really. Great ups, great hands, hard hard worker. Steals and blocks will come, but what he does better than anything else is just force bad plays by whoever he's defending (I saw this a lot during the Duke game).

All-Star? Doubtful. All-Defense? Totally doable. And combined with his athleticism and "potential," he's got to be taken high.

Still, his offense really does suck. His jumpers are poor, free throws embarrassing, and he has no post game-- his touch around the basket makes the Plumlees look refined. He has no real position offensively as a result-- if I were to guess, I put him as a 3 and tell him on offense to either drive to the basket or make the extra pass. At least for the first few years.